Last update RC beeping no stop
923 8 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexecutor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108556 ft
Italy

Ehi! I'm new here and I bought a Mavic Mini last week and I'm trying to learn how to use it, (even where and when). It's amazing and I'm loving it.

Unfortunately today I have updated my firmware trought app (ios) to the latest firmware 01.00.0500, (RC and drone battery were both 100%) no interruptions nor problems during the update, but as soon it reached the final step the RC has started to produce a noisy beep.. No stop. Tried to turn off on several times the RC and drone but it didn't stop the beep.

So I installed DJI assistant 2 and downgraded to the previous update and it fixed the noise. (then I tried again the update to the latest version trought dji assistant but the beep no stop came back).

The beep doesn't seem to afflict any function, the drone and RC seems to work normally.

Does it meant to beep like that? (Am I doing anything wrong? i.e. No fly zone or anything else? Still kinda weird..)

2020-4-24
Use props
Hexecutor
lvl.1
Italy

EDIT: just realised is pretty recent the update and found an answer about  Calibrate the RC. I will try to get how
2020-4-24
Use props
Hexecutor
lvl.1
Italy

Calibration resolved the problem! My advice for this wonderful device is to add a "RC calibration required" notification in the app (or at least I haven't received one) , the no stop beep doesn't help so much
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

luckily you find it!!

Happy flying!!
2020-4-24
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

i believe the mention of recalibrating the RC if it starts beeping was in the update's release notes
2020-4-24
Use props
Hexecutor
lvl.1
Italy

Ice_2k Posted at 4-24 11:12
i believe the mention of recalibrating the RC if it starts beeping was in the update's release notes

When you actually install the update directly from the app does it tell you that there will be a beep ? Then i missed it.  There are several notifications for almost anything, one for the RC calibration would be helpful for beginners imo but it's just an advice (try to figure the situation: My girlfriend screaming at me for the noisy no stop beep (man I don't really know what it is worse ahaha), I was trying to figure if the firmware failed the installation or simply some new check was beeping) .

Well anyway, happy to be operative again!
2020-4-24
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Yup, it was mentioned in the Fly app
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 4-24 13:40
Yup, it was mentioned in the Fly app

Also, if you didn't know, you can update the firmware in the RC as well, via DJI Assistant. Mine was one version back. Just plug the RC into the USB port of the PC/Mac.
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hexecutor, glad to know you have figured out the problem, the new firmware has optimized remote controller performance. We recommend to calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware. We have made it clear in the Release Notes, hope you have a good experience with the new firmware.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules