Controller will only charge up to 2 BARS !!!!
5686 23 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheKFlight
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI

So my Phantom4ProPlus controller just started to charge up to 2 bars and the battery will drain rather fast 20 Mins it will last or just about if you put everything in low settings.

The controller is brand new no damage or anything still has all the stickers on it. I have had it around a year and a half now so its perfect

But when you charge it the bars will only reach 2 bars and that is it .

Has anyone else had this issue or what did they do to fix this

I had uploaded an image so you understand what I am on about !

The battery has come defective. RIP DRONE
I am thinking this is a Software issue rather than a battery as I have had it a year and a half and no issues until now. The software never gets updated for the Pro Plus controller and DJI just stopped all support for it RIP. I have the old DJI app and crappy android 4.0 version WOST. I think if it was a faulty battery it would of just died right away either the software is not working propperly. Or the battery 100% is messed up

2020-4-24
Use props
Jack Wiga
New

Bangladesh

I know that DuplicateFilesDeleter, program is simple fast and solves the any problem.
2020-4-24
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jack Wiga Posted at 4-24 09:57
I know that DuplicateFilesDeleter, program is simple fast and solves the any problem.

Could you please explain more on the issue and how to do it thank you !
2020-4-24
Use props
Jack Wiga
New

Bangladesh

TheKFlight Posted at 4-24 10:04
Could you please explain more on the issue and how to do it thank you !

Just use DuplicateFilesDeleter, It is a great power packed tool which helps you to remove any duplicate files.
2020-4-24
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jack Wiga Posted at 4-24 10:09
Just use DuplicateFilesDeleter, It is a great power packed tool which helps you to remove any duplicate files.

I don't think that is the issue Why would you think this is the issue ?
2020-4-24
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

The battery is bad in the RC, You need to do 1 or 2 thing, have someone open up the RC to put a new battery in it or send it back to DJI to repair it.
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had the same problem in a Phantom 4 , i put to chargue with the remote On , till see the 3 light , then you can turn off remote and let it charge to full charge
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

TheKFlight just try my
option ..
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Put charger to remote , turn remote On , be patient , When you see the 3 light blink you can now turn off the remote, please note it will take almost 2 hours to reach full charge
2020-4-24
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 4-24 10:28
Put charger to remote , turn remote On , be patient , When you see the 3 light blink you can now turn off the remote, please note it will take almost 2 hours to reach full charge

I did this the battery went down to 1 Bar and is dying while charging so now its capped to 1 bar not 2 anymore. I will still try your method tho thank you
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

TheKFlight only be pATIENT
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DO NOT SUFFER FOR THE FACT OF HAVING THE REMOTE CHARGING AND TURNING ON AT THE SAME TIME

IT ll solve the problem , i Bet
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

it will take almost 2 hours to reach full charge
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

in my case, i turned off the remote control and let it continue charging until the end of after seeing the third light blink...
2020-4-24
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 4-24 10:41
in my case, i turned off the remote control and let it continue charging until the end of after seeing the third light blink...

Alright were at 1 bar as soon as I take the charger out it starts beeping like its gonna die. We will see if your solution works. But what was the cause for yourself may I ask ?
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

TheKFlight Posted at 4-24 10:44
Alright were at 1 bar as soon as I take the charger out it starts beeping like its gonna die. We will see if your solution works. But what was the cause for yourself may I ask ?

since the owner neglected to store the remote battery i think ...
2020-4-24
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 4-24 11:06
since the owner neglected to store the remote battery i think ...

Alright thank you very much Sam I will let you know the findings !
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

TheKFlight Posted at 4-24 11:08
Alright thank you very much Sam I will let you know the findings !

hope it solve the problem , good luck
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

if it starts beeping move an stick to stop , I would monitor that recovery process that I proposed
2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear the trouble with the RC, if it still only show two bars after charging for 2 hours, the battery or the board could be damaged, we recommend to send in for the diagnosis, please start a ticket online and send back at your most convenience: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-4-25
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-25 04:24
Sorry to hear the trouble with the RC, if it still only show two bars after charging for 2 hours, the battery or the board could be damaged, we recommend to send in for the diagnosis, please start a ticket online and send back at your most convenience: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Yes basically now its at 1 bar and as soon as you unplug its dead RIP it starts beeping it needs constant power to the RC. Nothing is damaged what so ever ! has anything like this happened in the past ?
2020-4-26
Use props
wheelman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182579 ft
United States

TheKFlight Posted at 4-26 10:31
Yes basically now its at 1 bar and as soon as you unplug its dead RIP it starts beeping it needs constant power to the RC. Nothing is damaged what so ever ! has anything like this happened in the past ?

My phantom 4 pro is heading in the same direction.
I cant get it to update or connect to drone.
2020-4-26
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
United Kingdom

wheelman Posted at 4-26 10:36
My phantom 4 pro is heading in the same direction.
I cant get it to update or connect to drone.

There is a serious fault on DJI end it is very stupid hopefully the new drone today is good
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_vzoDsJY9TECr
New

United States

I am having the same issue. Came home to 2 bars after charging a for a hecka while. Brand new remote as well.
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules