Blocked at 30 meters - Maximum altitude reach
24001 10 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlternateCurrent
lvl.1
France

Dear All,

I have been through many threads in this forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer and the solution to the issue I have with my Mavic Mini.

When I take off I am gaining altitude but I am blocked at 30 meters high while all my parameters allow me some leeway (around +160m altitude is set in my spec). This is stange because when I am reaching the 30meters floor, the screen displays that I have reached the "maximum flight altitude set at 160m".

I cannot determine whether it is an automatic limit set for a technical reason by the mini (let's imagine that the GPS is not completely connected/updated) or an error in the calculation of my drone (it really thinks it is at 160meters high).

This is a recurring issue... I have been flying more than 15 times, always limited by this 30meters floor (even when I am fully connected to GPS). Only one or two times, I have been able to go higher till 50m or more... like by "accident".

I am situated in a increased caution zone (which means that no compelling altitude)... I have done the complete set of recent updates (remote + mavic + DJI app)

I have shared here the video of the flight here https://youtu.be/XPldOv6QR4E

I hope someone knows the reason and wil help me to solve that issue so I can go higher

Many thanks to all for your help and have an excellent weekend!

Cheers
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties with Mavic Mini, there are some situations the flight height will be limited.
1. When mounting 360° Propeller Guard or you enable Payload Mode under DJI Fly--Safety--Advanced Safety Settings, the height will be limited in 30m and the flight distance will be limited in 50m.
2. When entering Flight Tutorial, the height will be limited.
3. Height is restricted to 30m when the GPS signal is weak and the Downward Vision System is inactive.
4. When flying in GEO zones.

Sorry that we do not read your language in the video, we are unable to fully understand the error message. Firstly, please make sure you were not flying in Restricted Zones https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map. Then ensure flying in an open area with a strong GPS signal.
2020-4-24
Use props
AlternateCurrent
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-24 19:12
Hi there, sorry for the difficulties with Mavic Mini, there are some situations the flight height will be limited.
1. When mounting 360° Propeller Guard or you enable Payload Mode under DJI Fly--Sfaety--Advanced Safety Settings, the height will be limited in 30m and the flight distance will be limited in 50m.
2. When entering Flight Tutorial, the height will be limited.

Hi Mindy - Very grateful for your response. Below are my comments in response.

1. My mini is mounted wiht the propeller guard so I guess that would be the reason. I assume the mini detects it because of its weight? Would there be a solution to disable this function in the software? I am saying this because the propeller guards are very helpful tool to protect my drone when flying in very dense cities.
2. I am now in P mode
3. How does it work? Is that possible that so long as the GPS signal is weak (let's say right after I took off and for the first minutes), I am curtailed at 30m? Then, like in my video, once the signal is caught, I can go up?
4. I am flying in an "Enhanced Warning Zones" (orange) defined as follows: "In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight."

I put down the messages that I have translated in English + timing in the video:

• "The aircraft is in a caution zone (airport). Flying with caution" 0:02
  • "Weak GPS signal. Altitude limit set. Wait for GPS signal to return to normal before continuing the ascent." 0:25
  • "Max altitude reach (limit 120m)"
  • "High wind alert. The unit cannot return to the starting point automatically. Reduce the altitude immediately and return to the starting point manually." 0:36
  • "Weak GPS signal. Switching to Attitude mode. Aircraft is unable to hover. Fly with caution" 0:41
  • "Weak GPS signal. Altitude limit set. Wait for GPS signal to return to normal before continuing the ascent." 0:53
  • "Max altitude reach (limit 120m)" 0:57
  • "Take-off point update. The take-off point altitude (RTH) has been adjusted to 62 m." 1:03

Very grateful for your kind help again,
Excellent day
2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlternateCurrent Posted at 4-25 00:33
Hi Mindy - Very grateful for your response. Below are my comments in response.

1. My mini is mounted wiht the propeller guard so I guess that would be the reason. I assume the mini detects it because of its weight? Would there be a solution to disable this function in the software? I am saying this because the propeller guards are very helpful tool to protect my drone when flying in very dense cities.

Sorry for the late response, the height altitude cannot be canceled when you mount 360° Propeller Guard, it is system protection. If you would like to fly higher, please remove the Propeller Guard.
According to the error message you posted in 3#, you were flying in Enhanced Warning Zone, you could unlock it according to the prompt in the APP.
If the Propeller Guard has been moved, you should be able to fly over 30m. Its height will be limited only when the GPS signal is poor and the Vision system is not working at the same time. Please ensure to fly with a strong GPS signal.
For ''Max altitude reach (limit 120m)‘’ warning, the drone is limited within 120m by default, you could change the Max Altitude inn DJI Fly --Safety.
When the APP pops-up High Wind Alert, we recommend landing as soon as possible for the safety concern.
2020-4-27
Use props
AlternateCurrent
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 05:02
Sorry for the late response, the height altitude cannot be canceled when you mount 360° Propeller Guard, it is system protection. If you would like to fly higher, please remove the Propeller Guard.
According to the error message you posted in 3#, you were flying in Enhanced Warning Zone, you could unlock it according to the prompt in the APP.
If the Propeller Guard has been moved, you should be able to fly over 30m. Its height will be limited only when the GPS signal is poor and the Vision system is not working at the same time. Please ensure to fly with a strong GPS signal.

Many thanks Mindy - The problem is solved,
I have unmounted the Propeller Guards and I am now able to go higher, once the GPS signal is ok !

Excellent day!
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlternateCurrent Posted at 4-29 09:43
Many thanks Mindy - The problem is solved,
I have unmounted the Propeller Guards and I am now able to go higher, once the GPS signal is ok !

I'm so glad to hear that, hope you enjoy flying.
2020-4-30
Use props
Flip FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113648 ft
Belgium

I had the same issue on Mini 1 & Mini 2 using a Iphone XR.
Switching the phone to airplane mode solved it, don’t ask me why.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_iNGV6xcFzAmK
New
Flight distance : 714596 ft
Indonesia

Flip FPV Posted at 3-7 05:28
I had the same issue on Mini 1 & Mini 2 using a Iphone XR.
Switching the phone to airplane mode solved it, don’t ask me why.

Thank you..its worked for me.
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_YYMlPR3dEA2J
New

United States

Mystery solved with prop guard, thank you!
2023-1-28
Use props
Zain Ul Abdeen
New

Pakistan

I have m300 in it. When I give waypoint, altitude limit exceeded error comes. Maximum altitude is not more than 500m
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zain Ul Abdeen Posted at 8-14 19:59
I have m300 in it. When I give waypoint, altitude limit exceeded error comes. Maximum altitude is not more than 500m

Hi there, could you please tell us the current firmware version? If possible, please also provide us with a picture to check the error message.
2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules