Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rescued my old Phanton 2 Vision
948 11 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wilson1010
lvl.2
United States

OK, I don't even know if anyone is out there, but I have been away for almost 4 years. Let's not say where. OK? And just before I "left" I bought a Phanton 2 Vision that I flew maybe three times. I did not expect to find it where I left it but it is exactly how it was with all parts and accessories and 2016 everything.

Any ideas on how to get it flying? Factory reset, upgrade software? I had a mini ipad now gone but still have my iphone 6 which was not used with the drone.

HELP!

Thanks,

Anton

EDIT: I think I found the ipad mini but it seems to be DOA so I either have to buy a new one or use the iphone 6.

2020-4-24
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I would suspect that your batteries are the main stumbling block here on all of the devices. I guess you have tried recharging, but the drone batteries may have gone into hibernation at best or simply gone to the great battery place in the sky. Your ipad may well be the same, although i would guess it is possible to replace the battery and start again. What state are they in?
2020-4-25
Use props
fansc9d27d81
lvl.2
United States

I am just this minute setting up the battery to recharge and will report on its condition tomorrow morning or earlier.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansc9d27d81
lvl.2
United States

I am just this minute setting up the battery to recharge and will report on its condition tomorrow morning or earlier.thanks,Anton
2020-4-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The P2V was an outdated drone even in 2016.  DJI stopped doing FW updates the year before.  It'll still fly fine though.  As embay says, chances are about 100% your battery will be dead.  Chances are about 99% your FPV won't work.  Compatibility with a mobile device might be a challenge.  Finding a good battery might be a challenge too.  

Here's what happens when you try to fly with a bad battery - watch the voltage - and watch it auto-land:

Come back here with questions/problems.  Good luck.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansc9d27d81
lvl.2
United States

Battery hooked up to charger and neither one flashes which the directions say will occur when charging.
So, I'll give it a bit and see if either one will charge. Is it worth it to get a new battery on Flea Bay I wonder?

Or, is there another way. Or, is this my sign from above to get the new little one I don't have to register?
2020-4-25
Use props
fansc9d27d81
lvl.2
United States

Remote battery and range extender charged fine. Not so with the mains. DOA.

Hope, or do I put a nearly new Phanton 2 Vision on Ebay for sale?
2020-4-25
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think it may be time to consider a new on. Even if you could resurrect or replace the batteries, as Mark has indicated, you may well have other problems. For me I wuold buy a new one, enjoy flying and treat the current one as a project to revive or sell on.
2020-4-26
Use props
fansc9d27d81
lvl.2
United States

I am afraid you are right. But, I hate to see anything go to waste and I was thinking that I might need a battery anyway just to demonstrate by a current video that everything works. I was not too keen on flying it in the first place and hopefully the Mavic Mini is simpler to operate. In the neantime, I was thinking to buy this generic crap batter just to facillitate it going on Ebay:

https://www.amazon.com/Phantom-B ... 87902705&sr=8-5
2020-4-26
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Seems a lot of money to invest in a unit that you may well sell, ignore or throw away. Perhaps there might be someone nearby who can loan you one to try the unit first. Might be worth asking as I am sure there will be a lot about. If so you could add that $62 to your buy a Mavic fund. Personally I have never felt comfortable with non OEM batteries.
2020-4-27
Use props
fansc9d27d81
lvl.2
United States

Thanks again. I'm sure you are right about borrowing a battery being the best plan. I see the Mavis on Amazon for $399 and the kit for $499. Is that the place? Or, is there a reason to buy it from DJI?
2020-4-27
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have never bought an aircraft direct from Amazon. My first was a refurb unit, the second my brother got apparently from Walmart. You car more likely to see cost reduction away from DJI. For example, recently wanted to buy some noise reducing props. Reasonable price from DJI so i thought I would sue my credit. Then I discovered that the postage cost was very nearly the cost of the props even buying them here in the UK. In the end got the same props with free postage from another supplier.
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules