Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wireless Module and Audio Jack Adapter Fail
975 8 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BZheartz
New

United States

Does anybody know if there is ever going to be a firmware update that allows the wireless module to be used together with the 3.5m Audio jack adapter??

It is INCREDIBLY frustrating to have just invested in buying a wireless module, an audio jack adapter and a case that allows me to use the Pocket with the wireless module-- so that I  can use my phone as a remote screen together with a better-quality external mic -- yet NOWHERE has DJI made it point to let it's customers know that the wireless module will not work with their audio jack adapter!!  When wifi should have come natively in the Pocket to begin with. This is a terrible disservice to customer needs.

So will a firmware update fix this or are we just stuck outta luck on this?
2020-4-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

DJI may not have made a point of it. But, a minimum of research would have made it clear.
2020-4-24
Use props
BZheartz
New

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 4-24 21:27
DJI may not have made a point of it. But, a minimum of research would have made it clear.

That perspective assumes a lot and side-steps the bigger issue. Because a first-time customer likely has no idea to even ask about or research about such a specific thing.  As for myself, I did do research yo. Much more than a minimum by watching many videos on the pocket, the module- and the case I got. I did not think about specifically typing in asking about problems with the audio jack adapter itself. That is pretty damn specific. And out of all those videos that I watched- not one person mentioned about this significant issue. Furthermore, I just did both a Google search and a YT search on "Problems with the Osmo Pocket" and "Osmo Pocket Wireless Module"  --- and if you do that too then you can see that there is not much that addresses it. There are some vids but it's not like it's an upfront point or video. So I would hardly call it 'clear'.

Your comment doesn't offer any help to my original question about any firmware support.
Hopefully someone from DJI does.

2020-4-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I agree there is no official information about this and I wasn't aware either when it first came out, but it has been well documented unofficially since. Do you want me to point you to some YouTube videos?
I think the problem is that it was primarily designed for the blogger and not as the multi-purpose tool it has seemingly become. There is more than one problem with the unit for a more general use that hopefully will be rectified in the next version of the Osmo Pocket. It is however what it is, which is still very useful for most people.

I think that if a firmware fix were possible it would hve been fixed as I think it is a hardware problem. There are also videos on YouTube showing how to make your own adapter to do what you want if you are interested.

Here is one.

There are other videos by him showing how to construct the needed bits.

2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BZheartz, the Type-C port in Wireless Module can only be used to charge, it is not working with 3.5mm adapter and we don't have the related info whether it will be available in the future, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your frustration will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.
2020-4-25
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"As for myself, I did do research yo. Much more than a minimum by watching many videos on the pocket, the module- and the case I got."

I have no interest, whatsoever, in the audio adapter. But, I have come across countless articles, reviews, and watched Youtube videos, pointing out this problem.
2020-4-25
Use props
MJB284
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67192 ft
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-25 00:25
I agree there is no official information about this and I wasn't aware either when it first came out, but it has been well documented unofficially since. Do you want me to point you to some YouTube videos?
I think the problem is that it was primarily designed for the blogger and not as the multi-purpose tool it has seemingly become. There is more than one problem with the unit for a more general use that hopefully will be rectified in the next version of the Osmo Pocket. It is however what it is, which is still very useful for most people.

Too bad DJI doesn't take note of what the video author's final/ultimate solution is and modify the wifi module to connect to the audio adapter to sell to the Osmo Pocket consumer.
2020-4-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

MJB284 Posted at 4-26 11:44
Too bad DJI doesn't take note of what the video author's final/ultimate solution is and modify the wifi module to connect to the audio adapter to sell to the Osmo Pocket consumer.

I agree. Lack of foresight but these things are planned all in advance.  It's a wonder there has not been a third party variant of that adapter. It's difficult getting those types of parts the guy in the video uses outside of Japan.  It might be possible to wire some USB -C plugs together. But getting it neat enough to be usable might be a problem.
Ray.
2020-4-26
Use props
ccastillo1005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Check out this blog. It includes a video on a modified wireless module. https://blogyourniche.com/2020/08/dji-osmo-pocket-wireless-module-modification-problem-solved/
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules