Update via DJI Assistant
1569 11 2020-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

I thought I would start a new thread related to the firmware update yesterday and some issues people are having.
Some are reporting that after doing an update with the Go Fly App (the phone app), when they fly they get errors indicating that their props need to be replaced (usually one of the rear props). When they replace the props, the error goes away. However, several have also reported that if they use the DJI Assistant to do the upgrade, the error also goes away. I haven't had the issue with the props, but after I did the upgrade with my phone I happened to connect the drone to DJI Assistant and it said that my update was not complete (that some components had not been updated). Thus, I went ahead and updated again using DJI Assistant. I also updated the Remote Control using DJI Assistant as well. I didn't fly after the phone update, so I can't tell if I would have gotten errors then, but I did fly after the DJI Assistant update, and I don't have any errors with my original props.

Anyways, it seems that one should first try updating the drone and the remote controller using DJI Assistant, before replacing the props. If that doesn't work, then I guess replacing the props is the next step.

If you do not have DJI Assistant, you can get it here (it is the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic version)...

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

After you install it, open it and make sure you check the boxes to allow network connection and sign in using your DJI account. If you forgot to do this when you first ran DJI Assistant, you can select Settings at the top right and do it.

Next, start the drone and AFTER it is powered up, connect it to the USB port of your PC/Mac. You must connect it within 20 seconds after power up, but do not connect it before you power up.

Once connected you will see an icon for you drone and when you click that you will see the list of firmware updates. You can either refresh (if you already updated) or upgrade.

You should also follow the same process for the remote controller.

After everything is updated, when you power your drone up the next time, you might see a message on the Go Fly app indicating that your battery needs to be updated. The message will be on the main screen, not the camera screen. Go ahead and update the battery as well. I only saw this message once, even though I have three batteries (fly more combo). So, I am not sure if it is updating the battery or updating a component on the drone that handles the battery.

Then go fly and see if there are any prop errors.

2020-4-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I did the update without Problems, AC , RC and 3 batteries , i have not this message error about Propellers or Motors , Tested in Indoor
2020-4-25
Use props
Neal the Wheel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37831 ft
United States

the assistant, updated my MM with the fly safe, but would not update the firmware, it would update the controller only. had to use the fly app to update the mini.
2020-4-25
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Thank you for taking the time to relate this to us, also I would make mention for those who do not know, always be sure to REMOVE the GIMBAL LOCK prior to turning on the drone.
2020-4-25
Use props
Neal the Wheel
lvl.2
United States

Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum Posted at 4-25 11:41
Thank you for taking the time to relate this to us, also I would make mention for those who do not know, always be sure to REMOVE the GIMBAL LOCK prior to turning on the drone.

I was told in a mini group to remove the cd card, could this have been the problem???
2020-4-25
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Neal the Wheel Posted at 4-25 16:19
I was told in a mini group to remove the cd card, could this have been the problem???

Someone already try what Neal  found ?

2020-4-27
Use props
Neal the Wheel
lvl.2
United States

JGFly Posted at 4-27 07:54
Someone already try what Neal  found ?

so I was able to update 1 battery with the SD card removed, 1 battery was updated with the fly app when the FW was done, 1 other battery will not update either way. contacted DJI and was told to discharge battery and recharge and try again.....
2020-4-30
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I updated by MM, batts, and Flysafe using the app with no problems at all.  I have about 15 hours on the drone with several batts no problem.  I did replace my props for normal 100 hour maintenance last week so I am pretty sure they’re good.
2020-4-30
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Neal the Wheel Posted at 4-30 12:08
so I was able to update 1 battery with the SD card removed, 1 battery was updated with the fly app when the FW was done, 1 other battery will not update either way. contacted DJI and was told to discharge battery and recharge and try again.....

Thank for the feedback !

Did you try with Assistant 2
2020-4-30
Use props
Neal the Wheel
lvl.2
United States

JGFly Posted at 4-30 15:39
Thank for the feedback !

Did you try with Assistant 2

yes, the 2nd battery updated with assistant2 but the 3rd will not, need to contact DJI today.
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Neal the Wheel Posted at 5-1 06:36
yes, the 2nd battery updated with assistant2 but the 3rd will not, need to contact DJI today.

Maybe by discharging and recharging it. Read yesterday in a thread on DJI's recommendation.

Good luck !
2020-5-1
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Neal the Wheel Posted at 4-25 16:19

Could be??
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules