Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EXIF data, are there any identifiers for the camera or drone .....
6968 14 2020-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stored in the EXIF/Metadata of either photos or movies?
I have boobed and mixed up the photos and movies from a few P3adv/pros and am trying to sort out which photos etc. belong to which drone. I know the naming number might suffice but as these can be reset etc. I am wondering if any identifiers for either or both the camera and drone are written to the EXIF?

I have had a look with Picture Information Extractor and do not see serial numbers but there might be some other parameter that is unique to the drone/camera combination that I am not recognising.
Thanks

2020-4-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I am no expert on the EXIF data, but you might find the image pixel dimensions are different between the two cameras?
2020-4-25
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 4-25 14:51
I am no expert on the EXIF data, but you might find the image pixel dimensions are different between the two cameras?

Ta, I'll have a look, thanks
2020-4-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am wondering if any identifiers for either or both the camera and drone are written to the EXIF?
The camera is always identified early in the EXIF info for any image.
P4 pro = FC6310
P3 Adv = FC300S

2020-4-25
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-25 18:40
I am wondering if any identifiers for either or both the camera and drone are written to the EXIF?
The camera is always identified early in the EXIF info for any image.
P4 pro = FC6310

Cheers,

I have to type more to pass the minimum message length
2020-4-26
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax it was worth a shot but it begins to look like the dimensions vary for a given drone, I guess this might be as I have been experimenting with resolutions.
Labroides, the P3 Adv does indeed show as FC300S. I can't check the P4 Pro and if of use to you a P3 Pro shows as FC300X.
It looks like I will have to match "time taken"s against flight logs off the drones.
Thanks guys
2020-4-26
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahhhhh, I thought I nailed it, I noticed that in the EXIF of .DNG's there is a "Serial Number"....... Bummer......it's the same for all the drones I have looked at including Adv and Pro ......humph :-(
2020-4-29
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Just curious, but is EXIF recorded on videos as well, position, height etc etc???
2020-4-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 4-30 00:02
Just curious, but is EXIF recorded on videos as well, position, height etc etc???

No ... just on stills
2020-4-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-30 05:36
No ... just on stills

Sorry Labroides but......
2020-4-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

That's interesting .. I've not seen that particular software before and it shows more than some other Exif viewers do.
The video files do have some metadata, but they do not contain Exif info.
The video metadata does not show as much information as Exif info does for stills.
For example there is no camera data so you can't tell what aperture, shutter speed or frame rate was used for videos.
It really doesn't have much useful information at all.

Also of interest for drone shooters, although the software shows many details, it does not show the relative height for stills.
2020-4-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

To show what I mean about not showing relative height ...
PIE data only shows Absolute Altitude and because of the way DJI calculate it, this can be wildly inaccurate.
I doubt that this night shot of cars in a storage yard was shot 40 metres underwater as PIE data would suggest.

However some other metadata viewers will also display the Relative Altitude.

2020-4-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lol. I had noticed, in PIE, some  'curious' heights in the EXIF's/Metadata's.
The one that caught my eye was being something like 74m below sea level when the drone was capturing a photo of my bald spot and I was stood on the sea shoreline. Can you give the names of the other Metadata readers please? An alternative to PIE could be handy at times.
2020-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-newbie Posted at 5-1 01:34
Lol. I had noticed, in PIE, some  'curious' heights in the EXIF's/Metadata's.
The one that caught my eye was being something like 74m below sea level when the drone was capturing a photo of my bald spot and I was stood on the sea shoreline. Can you give the names of the other Metadata readers please? An alternative to PIE could be handy at times.

Take your pick:
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... d&q=exif+viewer
2020-5-1
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had a look in the flight logs from the phone and it appears that there are identifiers in those.
Looking at the verbose CSV
Column 233 is the "fight controller serial number " which is shown in the App. From memory it relates to something in the drone and not the GL300xyz controller,
Column 234 is name assigned to the name by the 'owner'.

2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules