Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CRASHED - BYE MINI
4088 101 2020-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

40 is Care Refresh  for replacement right ?

I'd go for it... what are the terms ? AC is new or o rotation unit refurbished as new ?
2020-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 5-20 01:35
UPDATE:
Today damage assessment got completed, they ask 40 euros for replacement, 72 euros for a repair.
The assessment says front arm broken + long cable damaged...

Having experience with care refresh with Mavic 1, I can vouch for quality of refurbished drone. It will resemble new as it should and everything about it should be the same as new. I think you will know from this forum that it is a very rare day you see someone complaining about a problem with refurbished drone.
2020-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 5-20 01:35
UPDATE:
Today damage assessment got completed, they ask 40 euros for replacement, 72 euros for a repair.
The assessment says front arm broken + long cable damaged...

Having experience with care refresh with Mavic 1, I can vouch for quality of refurbished drone. It will resemble new as it should and everything about it should be the same as new. I think you will know from this forum that it is a very rare day you see someone complaining about a problem with refurbished drone.
2020-5-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

m80116 Posted at 5-20 01:51
40 is Care Refresh  for replacement right ?

I'd go for it... what are the terms ? AC is new or o rotation unit refurbished as new ?

The answer is this:

Remark: NO WARRANTY: Crash damage. No liquid damage. Front Left Aircraft Arm damaged. Front Aircraft Arm Motor (Long Cable) damaged. Dear customer, this quotation is by using your DJI Care Refresh, after payment being confirmed in our system, DJI will send a replacement aircraft. If you want to go for Normal Repair Process, please contact DJI Support to revise the current quotation. The normal repair cost will be €71.50 (Shipping Cost and Shipping VAT Excluded) according to DJI's damage assessment.

So yeah I guess is for a refurbished drone.
2020-5-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 5-20 04:35

Hello Hallmark007, that´s good to know... I mean my unit was mint, other than the crash allways kept in box and clean, so if most users have had great refurbished units pretty much as new, I will be happy.

Originally I was worried about not getting my exact unit back, due to the fact I know how well it has been treated + hours of use and also because I had the number plate registered... but since this is a small fee I´m not too bothered about it if I´m honest.

Look forward to get him back
2020-5-20
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

I've crashed mine a bunch of times but so far it keeps going. None of my falls have been from more than 5 feet or so...
2020-5-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Steve MartinUSA Posted at 5-20 10:13
I've crashed mine a bunch of times but so far it keeps going. None of my falls have been from more than 5 feet or so...

Hi Steve MartinUSA,
After analizing my crash site a second time, the top of the palm tree I hit was maybe 4 meters mximum... Not that high at all, and the floor was soil with some grass, also thought it would survive but I guess is a matter of angle, speed and luck xD
2020-5-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Ok, so finally... today I recieved my new or refurbished drone.
From outside looks brand new, stickers and feel It came packaged in a box like when you buy a nornmal mini but without the controller.
I also noticed the gimbal protector was not correctly attached, but well it seems Ok.
One thing I didn´t like is that DJI marked the drone as ¨delivered¨as soon as it left the Netherlands.
It also looks slighty darker plastic color to me... nor sure if is an optical ilusion, if this is a newer batch or they may have changed the platic material.
Will contact support now about how to re-register it with DJI Care so I can have a test... sadly since it has taken over a month, spring is gone here in Spain and have missed the awesome colors we had a week ago... oh well never mind.
Will report back after a flight test.

2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

On the picture from the top the mini really does look a little darker than mine....almost like the air 2.

Could be the lighting though.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 6-4 09:55
Ok, so finally... today I recieved my new or refurbished drone.
From outside looks brand new, stickers and feel It came packaged in a box like when you buy a nornmal mini but without the controller.
I also noticed the gimbal protector was not correctly attached, but well it seems Ok.

Good luck enjoy....
2020-6-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U Posted at 6-4 11:08
On the picture from the top the mini really does look a little darker than mine....almost like the air 2.

Could be the lighting though.

Its quite subtle, and yes the 3 pictures bellow show the mini more clear but it really looks a bit darker than the one I sent out... maybe he spent some days at the beach
2020-6-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Hi halmark007 thanks I will try to enjoy it yes, however there are soooo many birds right now where I live is crazy... I may be cautios and make small flights around to check all is fine but will not push it more than 20-30 meters away...

Good luck for anything in particular?
2020-6-4
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It happens. I'm glad you have refresh... you'll be back up in the air in no time.
2020-6-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

22340179 Posted at 6-4 13:09
It happens. I'm glad you have refresh... you'll be back up in the air in no time.

Yeah I even doubted getting DJI Care originally... but just for peace of mind is worth it...
2020-6-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Ramon Posted at 6-5 02:07
que lo disfrutes Javi.

Gracias Ramon!
Soy Julian pero se entiende jeje
Saludos!
2020-6-5
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 6-4 12:04
Hi halmark007 thanks I will try to enjoy it yes, however there are soooo many birds right now where I live is crazy... I may be cautios and make small flights around to check all is fine but will not push it more than 20-30 meters away...

Good luck for anything in particular?

I'm glad You have Mini back home. The traffic in the air is heavier, I haven't experienced bird attack yet but with lightweight Mini we have to be careful.
It definitely looks darker plastic IMHO.
2020-6-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 6-5 07:04
I'm glad You have Mini back home. The traffic in the air is heavier, I haven't experienced bird attack yet but with lightweight Mini we have to be careful.
It definitely looks darker plastic IMHO.

Thanks!
I had a little flight this morning just to check everything was fine and had some fun, however as I expected lots of birds started to fly around wondering what this is... by the middle of second battery all of the sudden a massive eagle flew over me, my heart went crazy and quickly flew back and landed... lol
2020-6-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 6-5 08:12
Thanks!
I had a little flight this morning just to check everything was fine and had some fun, however as I expected lots of birds started to fly around wondering what this is... by the middle of second battery all of the sudden a massive eagle flew over me, my heart went crazy and quickly flew back and landed... lol

If they're close to you can try firecrackers from your homepoint, birds are scared by loud bangs.

MM is a wonderful bug zapper during this time, my MM body at the end of each flight usually has some bug splatter mark.
2020-6-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Ramon Posted at 6-6 01:41
Todo queda en familia.

Hahahaha
Saludos!
2020-6-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

m80116 Posted at 6-6 03:50
If they're close to you can try firecrackers from your homepoint, birds are scared by loud bangs.

MM is a wonderful bug zapper during this time, my MM body at the end of each flight usually has some bug splatter mark.

Yeah the issue is that I could get in a lot of trouble if I do that...  I live in a Natural Park but also a "ZEPA" zone, ZEPA stands (in spanish) for "Zona de Especial Protección de Aves" which translates to "Zone of Special Birds Protection".

Basically I live in the area where all birds that migrate betwen Africa and North Europe have a rest before crossing the mediterranean sea or atlantic sea in their anual migrations... it is of extreme importance and laws are very strict all year long... in fact since I spoke with the Forest Police, they told me "just forget about flying"... have tons of videos but only posted one...

Agree about the bug zapper lol...
2020-6-6
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 6-5 08:12
Thanks!

Scary situation! I have experienced close calls by swallows (damn fast birds) and similar small birds, met a smaller seagull but he was not interested with Mini. I was lucky that no raptors found my Mini attractive yet.
2020-6-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 6-7 08:49
Scary situation! I have experienced close calls by swallows (damn fast birds) and similar small birds, met a smaller seagull but he was not interested with Mini. I was lucky that no raptors found my Mini attractive yet.

Yeah, piggeons seem also very interested... pretty similar size and colors xD
Crows also seem pusky but so far no real contact... and hope to keep it that way
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules