Poor image quality, lower range and recording stops
2289 13 2020-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

After the update to firmware 05.00 I have the strong impression that the power output of the air unit is lower than it was before.
flying the same flight paths then before I get very poor image quality and much quicker I am getting only two or even one bar of image transmission srtrength.

sometimes also the picture is very pixelated eventhough I am flying just around myself.

thirdly the recording of the video on the air unit very often stops after some fast moves or punches. It appears almost every flight when doing freestyle.

As reported in other threads the sound keeps on recording for a while but image is frozen or grey.

does anyone know if dji lowered the power output?

I am flying on

4S and voltage never droppes 13v
T-Motor F4/F55 HD stack
Air unit power from the plug directly to the F4

I have the impression that problems get more and more with every update and system is not stable.

2020-4-25
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Which setting of power output are you using?
2020-4-26
Use props
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

depending on where I fly.
but I it also appears with max output power.
2020-4-27
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Are you using a capacitor in your build?
2020-4-27
Use props
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

yes, the one which comes with the F55.
It's a Rubycon 35V 470microFarad.

Do you have the expereince that I should use more Farad?
2020-4-27
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

fans14253033 Posted at 4-27 04:40
yes, the one which comes with the F55.
It's a Rubycon 35V 470microFarad.

I don't know. I'm using a 1000 uf, but maybe this makes no difference in your case.

BTW, does it make any difference removing the SD card from the air unit? Because there are certain known issues related to that (stuttering when recording, etc..). Maybe you can give it a try, just to see if it helps.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

I haven't tried without sd card in the air unit. but will try. thank you very much.
2020-4-27
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Check your antenna mmcx connections. Then make sure they cant move around in flight.
2020-4-27
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What i can confirm - happening to me, too is that the onboard-recording (FPV Air Unit) stops randomly mid-flight every flight i tested since Ver .500
I tested recording 1080p with 128 GB SanDisk Ultra, Sandisk Ultra Plus and even Sandisk Extreme SD.
Currently i can only use the goggle-recording. Range is no issue on my FPV units.

So everbody stay save and fly@home

2020-4-27
Use props
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

Kryml Munsta Posted at 4-27 07:41
What i can confirm - happening to me, too is that the onboard-recording (FPV Air Unit) stops randomly mid-flight every flight i tested since Ver .500
I tested recording 1080p with 128 GB SanDisk Ultra, Sandisk Ultra Plus and even Sandisk Extreme SD.
Currently i can only use the goggle-recording. Range is no issue on my FPV units.

which power output are you using?
2020-4-27
Use props
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

mc54 Posted at 4-27 07:31
Check your antenna mmcx connections. Then make sure they cant move around in flight.

they can't move at all, but they are kind of squeezed and the antenna is bent close to the connector because I am using the transtec laser HD which is a very tiny frame...
2020-4-27
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

fans14253033 Posted at 4-27 11:52
they can't move at all, but they are kind of squeezed and the antenna is bent close to the connector because I am using the transtec laser HD which is a very tiny frame...

Did you try removing the sd card from air unit?
2020-4-28
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I just built a quadcopter with the DJI FPV system on it running off a 9v pololu. Everything works fine while flying except I am having the issue as well with the recording stopping on the air unit. Ive flown a few flights over two different days and it seems like the first flight the recording on the air unit cuts out around 2 minutes and the next flight or two cuts out around a minute.  I have tried switching from auto recording when I take off and manually starting and stopping the recording from the goggles but it does not matter, still does not last the full 3 min flight.

So does anyone know if there is a fix or if they are even aware/looking at the problem? The main reason I wanted this system was so I did not have to get a gopro lol
2020-4-28
Use props
basil174
New

New Zealand

I've got the same issue. Ive just brought the DJI Combo Yesterday.

I've updated all to .500
Im running the T-Motor f7 & F55a Pro11. on 4s.

On the first battery I has Huge Pixilation within the first 100m. The Stutter & Frozen Video (completely frozen) control.

I took the quad home, Put a new SD Card in, Checked all the firmware.. Went back out, Flew fine (amazing-first flight). I did get stutter once across 3 batteries. & the video Stopped Randomly after a couple minutes.

Im lost for words that it's not working properly.

2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules