DJI purchase/repair
549 6 2020-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alim Poindexter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60509 ft
United States

Hope everyone is safe during this difficult time. Just wanted to share my experience in regards to my DJI purchase, which began around April 1st. I’ve read many reviews and watched many videos on the Mavic 2 Pro Zoom, and felt it was the best drone for my preferences. I even binged on the crash compilations in order to not make the same mistake (I did anyway). I’ve also read several posts on this Forum, that makes DJI look pretty unreliable. I don’t agree personally. I ordered my drone about 3 weeks ago on a Thursday. It arrived on Saturday morning, merely 2 days after ordering. Impressive?  I think so. Had a great outcome with the drone up until I crashed it on day 10, into you guessed it, a tree. The tree branches did not damage my drone, it was the 15 fall from the tree. Luckily I purchased the refresh plan, and was able to ship it to DJI for repair/replacement. It was shipped from MO to TX on the 16th of April.  April 27th is the projected arrival date, from TX back to MO (per UPS tracking). A turn around of about 11 days. I have absolutely no complaints, especially how quick the service/repair/replacement/shipment occurred for me. Maybe I’m in the minority but I think the total process has been painless and extremely quick. Updates have posted on a regular basis, and I couldn’t be happier about the DJI company’s response to my particular situation. Once my replacement drone arrives, I will post in regards to how the drone operates and if there are any issues. I hope this post changes the mind of a future pilot, and we can welcome new members to this community. Don’t  be discouraged, it can be a fun hobby, and not all posts are negative. Be safe, be patient, and happy flying!
2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Alim, we are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great and appreciate you shared the positive experience with our customer service, which means a lot to us. Hope you will receive the replacement drone soon, if there is anything we can help, please don't hesitate to keep us updated.
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_6adTT5Xm0Htu
lvl.1

United States

What method did you use to contact DJI when you started the process?
2020-4-25
Use props
Alim Poindexter
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_6adTT5Xm0Htu Posted at 4-25 22:48
What method did you use to contact DJI when you started the process?

I used the DJI Go 4 App. Just requested an online repair, the shipping label was emailed, and that was all. I am always logged in to DJI so all of the craft and personal information was entered already. I just had to enter damage/issue description. Hope that helps!
2020-4-25
Use props
Alim Poindexter
lvl.1
United States

Well, today it is April 28th around 220pm here in St. Louis. I opened the packaging to the replacement drone and received everything that I needed to fly. I updated the firmware to the drone and the controller via the DJI GO 4 app. As soon as it was all done, I had an error for Gimbal overload. This is before ever placing on props or flying the maiden voyage. I had the gimbal protector removed, all all stickers as well. The drone was on a flat, clean surface and plenty of clearance for gimbal movement. Restarted the software and the error went away. Took the drone to the local park (great weather today) and attempted to fly in a 20 meter radius just to make sure everything was working properly. Calibrated the drone then received an gimbal overload error as soon as it hit the sky. I landed the drone and calibrated the gimbal. I did not receive any additional errors until the end of the flight, around 25% remaining battery. Once again, gimbal overload error.
2020-4-28
Use props
Alim Poindexter
lvl.1
United States

Do I need to try a different process to correct this gimbal error, or do I need to send it back for repair?  Thanks in advance DJI!
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Alim Poindexter Posted at 4-28 11:25
Well, today it is April 28th around 220pm here in St. Louis. I opened the packaging to the replacement drone and received everything that I needed to fly. I updated the firmware to the drone and the controller via the DJI GO 4 app. As soon as it was all done, I had an error for Gimbal overload. This is before ever placing on props or flying the maiden voyage. I had the gimbal protector removed, all all stickers as well. The drone was on a flat, clean surface and plenty of clearance for gimbal movement. Restarted the software and the error went away. Took the drone to the local park (great weather today) and attempted to fly in a 20 meter radius just to make sure everything was working properly. Calibrated the drone then received an gimbal overload error as soon as it hit the sky. I landed the drone and calibrated the gimbal. I did not receive any additional errors until the end of the flight, around 25% remaining battery. Once again, gimbal overload error.

We are terribly sorry that the replacement drone you've received has the Gimbal Overloaded error, it is recommended to remove the SD card to see if the error persists. May we verify whether the gimbal can be controlled normally by the Remote Control? It is also suggested to reset the gimbal under Gimbal Settings.
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules