Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic minii
658 10 4-25 23:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZexcAWD9UyN0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135 ft
Canada

I would like to get some information about setting mavic mini. What is the best setup for the beginner
4-25 23:18
Use props
viktorw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4079541 ft
Sweden

Tips and tricks!

Hi!

I have a Mavic Mini and I am going to share my best tips and tricks for you and other people who are new to drones.
  • Set white balance to manual! This makes your footage much more cinematic and nice to look at. In camera view in the DJI Fly app, click on the three dots in the upper right corner and switch to the "camera" tab. Then hit "advanced shooting settings" and switch "white balance" to manual.
  • Set exposure to manual! This fixes that your brightness won't change under a video depending on where you put the camera. Make sure that the Mavic Mini is in video mode and click on "auto" in the bottom right corner. There you can change both "ISO" and "shutter speed". I recommend you to set the shutter speed to double the frame rate.
  • Set video resolution to 2.7K! This makes your footage much more detail. Make sure that Mavic Mini is in video mode and click the square over the record button. Then change resolution to "2.7K". If you want your footage to look even more cinematic, then change frame rate to 24 FPS.
  • Start with cinesmooth mode! This slows down the drones movements and leaves more time for training. Hit "p" in the upper left corner until it says "c".
  • Set the RTH altitude! The Mavic Mini has a return to home function, that means it will go to it's starting point automatically if the remote controler loses the signal with the drone. Click the status bar in the upper menu in the app and increase "auto RTH altitude" until it is higher than any buildings or obstacles in your vicinity.

That's my best tips for you when flyin the MM. I wish you luck with your new drone, and don't forget to wash your hands!

Mvh
Viktor

4-26 06:46
Use props
djiuser_ZexcAWD9UyN0
lvl.1
Canada

viktorw Posted at 4-26 06:46
Hi!

I have a Mavic Mini and I am going to share my best tips and tricks for you and other people who are new to drones.

Thank you Victor. I will follow your tips.
4-26 08:49
Use props
viktorw
lvl.3
Sweden

djiuser_ZexcAWD9UyN0 Posted at 4-26 08:49
Thank you Victor. I will follow your tips.

No problem! I am also quite new to my mini, I bought it for about 2 months ago. But one thing that I have found out is that it is really easy to get used to and after a bit of practise you will fly like a professional!

I wish you good luck! Isn't it nice that we can still have fun in difficult times like this?
4-26 08:55
Use props
djiuser_ZexcAWD9UyN0
lvl.1
Canada

viktorw Posted at 4-26 08:55
No problem! I am also quite new to my mini, I bought it for about 2 months ago. But one thing that I have found out is that it is really easy to get used to and after a bit of practise you will fly like a professional!

I wish you good luck! Isn't it nice that we can still have fun in difficult times like this?

Yes indeed. Also thank you for your response.
Where are you located?
4-26 10:07
Use props
viktorw
lvl.3
Sweden

djiuser_ZexcAWD9UyN0 Posted at 4-26 10:07
Yes indeed. Also thank you for your response.
Where are you located?

In Gothenburg, Sweden actually
4-26 10:47
Use props
Jeff 240 LTS
lvl.1
United States

viktorw Posted at 4-26 06:46
Hi!

Thank you for the information. I have read about setting the white balance on manual before. My question then and now is, are you expecting the pilot to change the WB while flying (sometimes there is already enough to do and the phone screen can be hard to see in the daylight) or just leave it alone? ... Some footage will be too dark and some will be overexposed, hence the AUTO setting being a better choice?. ... Not being critical, just seeking to understand.  
Thanks again,  Jeff
4-26 13:27
Use props
djiuser_ZexcAWD9UyN0
lvl.1
Canada

viktorw Posted at 4-26 10:47
In Gothenburg, Sweden actually

Glad to know you. I'm from Canada.
4-26 14:02
Use props
viktorw
lvl.3
Sweden

Jeff 240 LTS Posted at 4-26 13:27
Thank you for the information. I have read about setting the white balance on manual before. My question then and now is, are you expecting the pilot to change the WB while flying (sometimes there is already enough to do and the phone screen can be hard to see in the daylight) or just leave it alone? ... Some footage will be too dark and some will be overexposed, hence the AUTO setting being a better choice?. ... Not being critical, just seeking to understand.  
Thanks again,  Jeff

No problem. The thing is that if you set the whitebalance to auto, then it will not look so good. Because depending on where you are pointing the camera, the video will look warmer and colder. That will be much harder to color grade in post because the settings are changing. Same with the exposure, it is better to change the exposure when you are starting a new recording. Otherwise it will not look so professional.
4-27 02:41
Use props
-Lucifer-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 733494 ft
Canada

viktorw Posted at 4-27 02:41
No problem. The thing is that if you set the whitebalance to auto, then it will not look so good. Because depending on where you are pointing the camera, the video will look warmer and colder. That will be much harder to color grade in post because the settings are changing. Same with the exposure, it is better to change the exposure when you are starting a new recording. Otherwise it will not look so professional.

Mini picture
6-13 13:18
Use props
viktorw
lvl.3
Sweden

-Lucifer- Posted at 6-13 13:18
Mini picture[view_image]

Cool!
6-14 05:30
Use props