New Smart Controller Firmware Released (26/04/2020)
123Next >
14971 82 2020-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauroT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

JohnDG Posted at 4-28 05:16
seems, DJI is planning to add the Mavic air 2 as they stated it already in the fact checks of the air 2

https://www.dji.com/be/mavic-air-2/faq

so a porting of DJI Fly app on SC
2020-4-28
Use props
moyang_mm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170620 ft
United States

MauroT Posted at 4-28 07:36
so a porting of DJI Fly app on SC

If DJI Fly app will be on SC in the future, technically Mavic mini will also be supported, since Mavic mini uses regular WiFi....
2020-4-28
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

moyang_mm Posted at 4-28 11:12
If DJI Fly app will be on SC in the future, technically Mavic mini will also be supported, since Mavic mini uses regular WiFi....

For sure will be not supported as SC is using occusync 2.0
2020-4-29
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If there more than one Version for the .700 update like the .650 update has 3 differnt updates with the same versions number.
2020-4-29
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FlyRacer Posted at 4-28 03:26
It is aleeady confirmed that the SC will be compatible

Yes, Just like they said the SC will get the Go 4 version the same time as android. The same as they said the CrystalSky will be updated to latest versions of Go 4. Not to mention that "all" new drones for DJI will have ADSB. They didn't say Oh only US and Canada they said "all Drones will". Notice the no support for The Goggles RE and Goggles. They say one thing and do something entirely different.

You have to wait for them to do it before you believe them.

2020-4-29
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 4-28 04:21
any references that it is confirmed ?
Didn't find much about it on the DJI website.

The Goggles RE is Occusync 2 yet no support according to their FAQ. The Air units for RE are Occusync 2.
But they decided to release a new FPV Goggle so they won't support RE from the SC. But will with the new FPV Goggle. You see the Goggle RE has major problems with its hardware (5.8Ghz) so it's now dead. Just like Crystal Sky and who knows when the SC will become obsolete. Most likely with the Mavic 3.  DJI are driven by Profit, not long term customer relationships. They are very transactional.
2020-4-29
Use props
moyang_mm
lvl.2
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 4-29 00:27
For sure will be not supported as SC is using occusync 2.0

SC supports both OcuSync and WiFi. Otherwise, how can it possibly connect to the internet?
2020-4-29
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Connecting to the internet using Wi-Fi is not the same thing as producing the stream that controls the aircraft.
2020-4-29
Use props
moyang_mm
lvl.2
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 4-29 16:06
Connecting to the internet using Wi-Fi is not the same thing as producing the stream that controls the aircraft.

Yes it is the same, to some extent. In fact, OcuSync 2.0 and WiFi use the same set of frequencies. There is no hardware limitation that prevents SC from supporting WiFi-controlled models, like Mavic mini. Whether or not DJI chooses to let SC support Mavic mini is a completely different question.
2020-4-29
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hope they make the mavic mini compatible too with sc. I mean it shouldnt be a big deal for them when the sc get the fly app
2020-4-29
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

bjr981s Posted at 4-29 03:03
Yes, Just like they said the SC will get the Go 4 version the same time as android. The same as they said the CrystalSky will be updated to latest versions of Go 4. Not to mention that "all" new drones for DJI will have ADSB. They didn't say Oh only US and Canada they said "all Drones will". Notice the no support for The Goggles RE and Goggles. They say one thing and do something entirely different.

You have to wait for them to do it before you believe them.

Yes, DJI promises a lot, confirms a lot, but only deliver sometimes. Just like the talk about Inspire 2 and several functions, for instance, ProRes RAW for the X5S that was promised, worked on, but not delivered... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=212804#pid2136031
2020-4-30
Use props
halleywelly
lvl.1
India

Hello Guys, I updated my Smart Controller when a message  pops up to do so, but after that it went black n dead and nevr started. Please suggest how to fix this issue.\?
2020-4-30
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

put screen time out to never in display settings, then put it back to whatever time out you want
2020-4-30
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Sweden

found the .36 version, it was in the download folder, just didn't install by itself, all good now.
2020-4-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Thailand

Failure to update here.

As per normal, attempting to do it via assistant is impossible because the second i turn it on it wipes out all devices using the home wifi connection within about 5m so download wont complete.

On the SC WiFi update itself (even with SD removed) it just goes to update, looks like its done but it never sticks and prompts you next time, and the time after, and the time after etc.

Not a huge issue as i cant see anything beneficial or new in the latest update for the M2.  I can try it on an ethernet cable connected machine in 2 months or so.
2020-5-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GlynH Posted at 4-27 22:49
You’re the lucky one!

I’m also in the UK, updated to the new v01.00.0700 firmware but no sign of 4.3.36 on my Smart Controller...I even looked in the ‘hidden’ place for the update check but it tells me I have the latest version installed at v4.3.32?

I am in AU and updated both my SCs they both have 4.3.36. I suspect that you did not actually complete the FW update and run DJI GO 4. You have to run it to have it update its config settings.

Cheers

2020-5-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

moyang_mm Posted at 4-29 13:14
SC supports both OcuSync and WiFi. Otherwise, how can it possibly connect to the internet?

The mini and the air 1 use enhanced WIFI. Not regular wifi.
2020-5-1
Use props
cagecko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411424 ft
United States

Updated the FW on my SC - also running the most current version on my FPV goggles - when I connect the SC to the goggles, nothing is coming up on the screen of the goggles... I was hoping to be able to fly my M2P using my goggles connected to the SC via USB C.... what do I need to do?
2020-5-1
Use props
Bimnomercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1414268 ft
France

I updated my Smart Controller on April 26 with the v01.00.0700, and the version of DJI Go 4 installed with this update was 4.3.36.
However, yesterday when I turned on my Smart controller, it announced a new update to DJI Go 4, something I did, but after installation, no difference was visible. The version number was still 4.3.36.

Does somebody have an idea ? Does DJI update without changing the internal version number?
2020-5-2
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Sweden

yeah they done that 3 times with the JAN SC firmware update
2020-5-2
Use props
Parkacru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121975 ft
Australia

Hi updated SC when prompted to last week, get drone out tonight to capture sunset, (first time taking drone out since update) now having error message pop up on controller about  “imu  initializing. Do not move aircraft until it completes” . The message will go away for maybe 10 seconds, take off drone into sky error message will pop up then get obstacle avoidance  flash up even though 50 metres up with nothing anywhere near drone. Brought drone back down, went back home. Have since calibrated IMU. Problem still persist also notice camera flickers dark for a second then back to normal camera wise. Problem seems to come and go every 10-20 seconds. Brought drone new just before Christmas. M2P
Any help please or is it a trip to the DJI store tommorrow
2020-5-3
Use props
Parkacru
lvl.2
Australia

Parkacru Posted at 5-3 03:18
Hi updated SC when prompted to last week, get drone out tonight to capture sunset, (first time taking drone out since update) now having error message pop up on controller about  “imu  initializing. Do not move aircraft until it completes” . The message will go away for maybe 10 seconds, take off drone into sky error message will pop up then get obstacle avoidance  flash up even though 50 metres up with nothing anywhere near drone. Brought drone back down, went back home. Have since calibrated IMU. Problem still persist also notice camera flickers dark for a second then back to normal camera wise. Problem seems to come and go every 10-20 seconds. Brought drone new just before Christmas. M2P

All good refreshed the update on SC and on drone. Took outside for a test flight problem gone away
2020-5-3
Use props
Turbo16v
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Parkacru Posted at 5-3 03:18
Hi updated SC when prompted to last week, get drone out tonight to capture sunset, (first time taking drone out since update) now having error message pop up on controller about  “imu  initializing. Do not move aircraft until it completes” . The message will go away for maybe 10 seconds, take off drone into sky error message will pop up then get obstacle avoidance  flash up even though 50 metres up with nothing anywhere near drone. Brought drone back down, went back home. Have since calibrated IMU. Problem still persist also notice camera flickers dark for a second then back to normal camera wise. Problem seems to come and go every 10-20 seconds. Brought drone new just before Christmas. M2P

Try to calibrate the vision sensor with the DJI assistant2.
2020-5-4
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 5-1 02:26
I am in AU and updated both my SCs they both have 4.3.36. I suspect that you did not actually complete the FW update and run DJI GO 4. You have to run it to have it update its config settings.

Cheers
With all due respect I did complete the firmware upgrade...twice.

Then I ran DJI Go 4 and went through all 4 batteries power-cycling between them just in case there was a battery firmware update available. Which there wasn’t.

Still running 4.3.32 here. Tried to update but it tells me that I have the latest version 4.3.32 which is obviously not the latest.

I even looked in the extremely well hidden place on the Me tab, clicked the almost hidden Settings icon in the top right of the screen and hit update from in there. Again it tells me that I have the latest version at v4.3.32

Following on from another thread using File Browser I looked in the download folder and there is a file called 0_apk which is 248MB dated @23 April 2020 but as I don’t know what it is I am too scared to click it.

Typical DJI half-thought out, poorly executed firmware upgrade.

I’ve said before it shouldn’t be like this...

-=Glyn=-
2020-5-4
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And I’ve just tried updating Go 4 for the umpteenth time and it now says update available?

It really would be nice to trust DJI to get these updates to just work.

I mean they control both the hardware & software so it should be doable.

I’m sick of walking the tightrope, gritting my teeth and wondering what will happen every time it comes to updating my Mavic 2 Pro and/or SmartController.

I’ve said it before it shouldn’t be like this...

-=Glyn=-
2020-5-4
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 5-4 10:23
And I’ve just tried updating Go 4 for the umpteenth time and it now says update available?

It really would be nice to trust DJI to get these updates to just work.

Thanks Glyn, just doing mine from the hidden place on the Me tab and is downloading as I type. Maybe Dji restrict updates to the UK only on certain days!
2020-5-4
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhantomPil Posted at 5-4 10:48
Thanks Glyn, just doing mine from the hidden place on the Me tab and is downloading as I type. Maybe Dji restrict updates to the UK only on certain days!

Glad you got it sorted!

Following my last post I finally managed to upgrade DJI Go 4 to the latest advertised v4.3.36 and it installed in no time at all.

But now just to confuse the issue I have been talking to a friend of mine tonight who has just spent the last two days trying to update his Mavic 2 Pro and without even doing anything specific is now running DJI Go 4 v4.3.44 on his Smart Controller!

How did that happen?

I hope he posts about the trials & tribulations he has just been through...

I’ve just looked for a newer update in all the usual places but it tells me that v4.3.36 I now have installed is the latest version...obviously it isn’t!

And the _0.apk that was dated late April in my Download folder has miraculously morphed into a 250MB file called DJI.go.4_36402.apk dated May 3

You couldn’t make it up could you?

I’ve deleted it and turned off ‘Download over WLAN or whatever the option is called as I *think* that's where it comes from and at the time I saw it the download was incomplete and it was a temporary file?

-=Glyn=-

2020-5-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Tried for 2 days to flash the firmware now and failed.

With WiFi (SD card removes) it downloads after an hour or two goes through the full update then comes back to the update screen with some chinese characters that Google tells me says "Upgrade Failed" with a box underneath to tap saying "try again".  Tap it and same thing.
Had 6 attempts that way.  There's 4gb internal storage free so should be ok.

Then tried assistant 2 and after 4-5 hours of downloading with numerous network fail errors and restarts the battery on the SC has run down to 10% so it wont start there either.
WiFi doesnt work too well as having the SC turned on anywhere completely wipes out WiFi reception for all other devices when its not connected to a drone.

So im at a loss.  Im not keen on a factory reset and having to reinstall google play, litchi and so on again.  That said,i also dont want the new DJI Go with nag screens so maybe better off just saying no to update every time i turn it on!

2020-5-5
Use props
Parkacru
lvl.2
Australia

Turbo16v Posted at 5-4 05:59
Try to calibrate the vision sensor with the DJI assistant2.

Yeah I did that while I was on there seemed easy enough. First time using DJI assistant
2020-5-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 5-5 20:45
Tried for 2 days to flash the firmware now and failed.

With WiFi (SD card removes) it downloads after an hour or two goes through the full update then comes back to the update screen with some chinese characters that Google tells me says "Upgrade Failed" with a box underneath to tap saying "try again".  Tap it and same thing.

Have you tried to update via a PC and Assistant 2 version 2.0.12. This version of assistant was released at the same time as the firmware Update for the SC.

DJI don't provide a later version is available for DJI assistant. I have no idea why they do that.

You will never succeeds if you have an unreliable network connection however.

Cheers

2020-5-8
Use props
Ed Ricker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3107398 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found the DJI FPV System/Smart Controller compatibility to be very flaky after this update. When using USB from Goggles to SC and HDMI-out from SC to laptop capture card, the FPV goggle feed shows up fine on the SC for about 5 minutes and then locks up. The video freezes. After this, a reboot of the goggles or Smart Controller will not fix the issue, and it's just a black screen with the DJI FPV logo.

It seems to be an overheating issue from the simultaneous USB input/HDMI output, because I can let it sit for a few minutes and try again and it works...for another couple minutes.
Any ideas???
2020-5-19
Use props
Daniel Mitrea
lvl.1

Romania

Thanks for the info!
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_2WYZeJzeW9yB
lvl.1

United States

Ed Ricker Posted at 5-19 12:25
I've found the DJI FPV System/Smart Controller compatibility to be very flaky after this update. When using USB from Goggles to SC and HDMI-out from SC to laptop capture card, the FPV goggle feed shows up fine on the SC for about 5 minutes and then locks up. The video freezes. After this, a reboot of the goggles or Smart Controller will not fix the issue, and it's just a black screen with the DJI FPV logo.

It seems to be an overheating issue from the simultaneous USB input/HDMI output, because I can let it sit for a few minutes and try again and it works...for another couple minutes.

Did anyone else update the firmware and then not be able to land their drone. The Left joystick no longer recognizes being in the landing position since the update leading the drone to fly right and descend into a crash
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_3TEdrz0ogvQs
lvl.2

United States

I recently purchased the Mavic Air 2. I noticed that in the Mavic Air 2  FAQ that the DJI Smart Controller will be compatible. I purchased the DJI Smart Controller and just received it yesterday, I was wondering when the firmware will be released for the Mavic Air 2 to work with the DJI Smart Controller. I am so eager to use them together. This controller is soooo freaking awesome!
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_pAtRdnUXItxH
lvl.1
Malaysia

If we refer to the latest firmware release in April 2020 that support phantom 4 v2 with occusync 2.0 supported on January 2020  Meanwhile need around 3 months to wait DJI working out on this. Don’t forget phantom 4 v2.0 is using dji go 4 and Mavic air 2 is dji fly app. We can said this delay caused by COVID-19 but
2020-5-23
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_3TEdrz0ogvQs Posted at 5-22 21:59
I recently purchased the Mavic Air 2. I noticed that in the Mavic Air 2  FAQ that the DJI Smart Controller will be compatible. I purchased the DJI Smart Controller and just received it yesterday, I was wondering when the firmware will be released for the Mavic Air 2 to work with the DJI Smart Controller. I am so eager to use them together. This controller is soooo freaking awesome!

Hopefully it will be soon ( a couple of months?).

in the meantime, maybe you have access to a  Phantom 4 pro v2 or a Mavic 2 that you can use the SC with.

Happy Flying
2020-6-2
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

ET214 Posted at 6-2 07:38
Hopefully it will be soon ( a couple of months?).

How do you know it’s so awesome since it isn’t compatible with your Mavic Air 2?  Confusing to me.
2020-6-9
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

DG Boiler Posted at 6-9 15:40
How do you know it’s so awesome since it isn’t compatible with your Mavic Air 2?  Confusing to me.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro. It’s compatible with that.
I used the Mavic 2 Pro when I first got it with the standard RC.
Then I got the smart controller. Great display and fast to deploy.
Basically power on the SC, next  the drone, then Go Fly

Simple
2020-6-9
Use props
fansb569aa36
lvl.1
Sweden

After the latest update, I don't get a picture just OSD info on the screen, after a few restarts I get a picture again
2020-6-13
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

ET214 Posted at 6-9 21:23
I have a Mavic 2 Pro. It’s compatible with that.
I used the Mavic 2 Pro when I first got it with the standard RC.
Then I got the smart controller. Great display and fast to deploy.

That’s awesome. I can only hope they bring the MA2 on board.
2020-6-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules