8766 19 2020-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

Hi!

One feature I am really missing in the DJI Mavic Mini is activetrack, waypoints as well. Is this coming soon? Otherwise i really hope so. I've heard that MM will support the SDK at the end of April, but I am not really a fan of third-party apps that can make other features possible, due to warranty and other reasons. So I just wonder why we can't do it in the DJI Fly app?

Thanks!
2020-4-26
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

...hmmm...that would be great but...I don't think it's gonna happen till DJI releases the SDK.
2020-4-26
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Sweden

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-26 08:51
...hmmm...that would be great but...I don't think it's gonna happen till DJI releases the SDK.

Maybe not, but i think that it will happen soon in an app like litchi.
2020-4-26
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SDK has been postponed...
2020-4-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

While I understand many users want this feature... I have seen so many crashes on Mavic 2, due to the fact that in some movements the side OA is turned off... even from very experienced pilots, and also after crashing my Mini yesterday just in a blink of a second... Active track is asking for huge amount of disaster... when you realize the drone is going to hit something is probably too late...
But we will see... the spotlight at least seems very risk free.
2020-4-26
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Sweden

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-26 09:49
While I understand many users want this feature... I have seen so many crashes on Mavic 2, due to the fact that in some movements the side OA is turned off... even from very experienced pilots, and also after crashing my Mini yesterday just in a blink of a second... Active track is asking for huge amount of disaster... when you realize the drone is going to hit something is probably too late...
But we will see... the spotlight at least seems very risk free.

Yes, thats probably true.
2020-4-26
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Sweden

UweE Posted at 4-26 09:43
SDK has been postponed...

Has it? Till when then?
2020-4-26
Use props
JB 9
lvl.2
United States

Oh yeh. Active track with no sensors. Take it for a walk through the woods or bike trail and see how far it makes it.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_CEYAAveV8jIL
New

United Kingdom

JB 9 Posted at 4-26 10:16
Oh yeh. Active track with no sensors. Take it for a walk through the woods or bike trail and see how far it makes it.

Active track could be very useful for the mavic mini in a lot of different situations without the need for collision sensors. Think clear field or beach, hill walking etc. Just don't use it in an area where there are objects to collide with or if there are objects around have it so it is set to a safe altitude to clear them.
2020-4-26
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Sweden

djiuser_CEYAAveV8jIL Posted at 4-26 12:30
Active track could be very useful for the mavic mini in a lot of different situations without the need for collision sensors. Think clear field or beach, hill walking etc. Just don't use it in an area where there are objects to collide with or if there are objects around have it so it is set to a safe altitude to clear them.

That's exactly how I think too. That would be no problem I think.
2020-4-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think this is intentional not to hurt the larger drones in the range.
2020-4-27
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

viktorw Posted at 4-26 09:55
Has it? Till when then?

serious question in these times?

I read somewhere end of 2nd quarter.
But even then, Litchie will need some time to analyse, tests etc.
So you can be happy to get a result in 2020...

Anyway, except spotlight-mode, anything else woud be stupid with a Mini.
2020-4-27
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Sweden

UweE Posted at 4-27 02:53
serious question in these times?

I read somewhere end of 2nd quarter.

Maybe, but waypoints would have been good to have.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi viktorw, currently, there is no plan on adding Active Track and Waypoints to Mavic Mini. And I am sorry to tell that Mini SDK support may not be able to release in this month. I haven't received an updated support date for it, you may check out SDK site for the latest info https://developer.dji.com/.
2020-4-27
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am not sure I would pay Litchi to have my Mini having waypoints... but since the range in some area is lacking some 500 to 1000 meters for the usage I plan to do, perhaps the SDK based Litchi might be the most economical way to access what I need. I do not plan on upgrading to the new Air or aim for the Pros.
Keep us posted DJI.
2020-4-27
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Sweden

JB 9 Posted at 4-26 10:16

I mean, there are third party apps for tello that has it...
2020-4-27
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Well, for ppl who want AT, RAW etc there is now the MA2.
I'll stay with my mini
2020-4-27
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

m80116 Posted at 4-27 12:11
I am not sure I would pay Litchi to have my Mini having waypoints... but since the range in some area is lacking some 500 to 1000 meters for the usage I plan to do, perhaps the SDK based Litchi might be the most economical way to access what I need. I do not plan on upgrading to the new Air or aim for the Pros.
Keep us posted DJI.

At least give the MM the spotlight mode.
2020-4-28
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401545 ft
Guatemala

It is possible the truth to put an ActiveTrack, since not always in most cases you walk in places where the drone needs to avoid obstacles.

Let's also remember that the Mavic Mini's unique feature is its weight of 249g and you forget that because of that weight it's nice for trips, that function would be very useful and if it had more quickshots it would be wonderful.  The truth is that DJI must give more functions to the Mavic Mini, they don't realize how much more that drone can give

I think that it would not be a competition between themselves with the high range ones, it is clear the range of drones, the one who wants a MP2 will buy it.  The Mini has a good camera but I don't think these features are going to ruin the high end drones, it's ridiculous to think that, plus DJI must realize that the drones with the price of the Mini are already outperforming it.

And now don't come with the processor limitation because you can only see with the manual video mode.

2020-4-30
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

You could add Spotlight safely
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules