I think I ruined my Osmo Action battery
1544 5 2020-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Was filming a sunset last night. When I stopped my Osmo Action, it was complaining, "Battery less than 10%." Oops. Now it doesn't seem to take a charge?

Time to buy a new battery?

Oh. I just plugged it into a phone's FAST charger and the LED came on RED. I'll see what condition it's in later.
2020-4-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I have drained my batteries to the point that OA automatically shuts down couple of times before (I am not proud, but they were out of necessity) . The hardware is designed to protect your batteries, even if you insist on using them as far as they go.

So, no, it is not your fault; your battery should have not died because you kept using it despite the warning.

If you have warranty, go for it.

2020-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tentoes, sorry for the trouble with the battery, solid red indicates the Osmo Action is charing, it usually takes 1hour and 30 minutes to fully charge the device when using a USB adapter of 5V/2A. Please let us know it the battery can be charged. If not and the battery is still under warranty period, we recommend to send in for the evaluation.
2020-4-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

I had it on charge using my spark's 3 way charger for several hours and it only got to 47%. Thought, "That's odd. I guess I won't shoot much." Took the camera and drone out, but at the location, osmo would not turn on. Put it on the car's charger for the trip home, but red led did not come on. Tried car charger with phone and that worked. Got home and posted message. Then put osmo on 2A charger in lab and red light came on. A couple hours later red light is off. Camera turned on and said 100%. Set it aside. This morning it still says 100%. I'll play with it today and see how long it works.

I don't remember when I bought this. Sometime last fall.
2020-4-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Seems to be fine now! Charges, works. Takes video.
2020-5-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Tentoes Posted at 5-7 09:02
Seems to be fine now! Charges, works. Takes video.

Good to hear that
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules