re: What's Smart about SC/Goggle/HDMI Out??
762 1 2020-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's "SMART" about the new DJI Smart Controller/Goggles HDMI monitoring system?  I find it to be overly costly, cumbersome to use and really highlights that DJI is ALL about selling their 'new' PERIPHERALS, totally redundant as they might be.  Makes absolutely NO sense, in terms of actual 'practicality' in the FIELD useage. They could have simplified the process but they do the same thing everytime; in this case, force users to purchase 'additional' FPV goggles & the Smat Controller just to get a wireless video feed out to another Monitoring device!  That's an added cost of $1300 or more!  One simplier solution, would've have been to update and utilize the Crystal Sky legacy monitor (same monitor that's on the Smart Controller), as a pass throught device, the same monitor that is already widely in use with DJI drones, which has HDMI capabilities. But alas, DJI doesn't care about supporting legacy peripherals devices, they want to sell you new ones!  My head is spinning.
2020-4-26
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I already own the smart controller and have been using it with a Mac. Not completely happ with how the smart controller connects to the FPV goggles, but hoping they did this to get the functionality out there quicker than they could release a dongle to support this without using the smart controller. Was hoping there would be an option to select OSD on/off on the output, but there is no option to display the OSD. Would be nice if the connection to the smart controller worked as an input as well. I would use the FPV goggles over the older goggles even without the head tracking sometimes. I think they are a little more comfortable to wear.
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules