Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC MINI FLY AWAY
2599 10 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cucciocuccio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6270 ft
Italy

Dear Support, all

I want to share my story.
In occasion of my first flight my MAVIC MINI lost control at about 80/90 meters far from home point,  maximum wifi signal level, 60-70% of battery 20-30mt altitude.
Drone was returning home manually, until a strange behaviour: suddenly it changed drammatically direction and altitude. I immediately gave the RTH command, correctly received from drone. During the the RTH red alert IMU NOT CALIBRATED was displayed.
But after a couple of attempts to RTH, the drone fly away, at 230mt with 100% of wifi signal, drone disappear from coverage.
Having telemetry until 240 meters, I used Find my drone. Immediately i reached last transmitted coordinates (risking injuries!),  and with remote control connected I tried to reconnect the drone, without success.
I looked for over 30 hours covering an area of 90.000 square meters (fields), but i didn't retrieve the drone.
The Mavic Mini had 2 life days, 1km of flight and was covered by DJI Care refresh. For sure i'm desperate.
I suspect a bird attack but the video doesn't confirm it, IF happened, was behind the gimbal.
My case is CAS-4229609-C2C4X2

Please support give me info as soon as possible.

Thankyou
Steve
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Steve, we apologize for your loss, we see the data analysis has been finished, our team will contact you about the result via the email very soon, please sit tight, appreciate your patience.
2020-4-27
Use props
Cucciocuccio
lvl.1
Italy

Dear Support,

I have received the following answer:

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by the pilot's error. Please fly with caution.

I attached the video, where you can see that no obstacles was in front of flight path.
From a serious company like MAVIC i expect a better CUSTOMER handling. 15% discount for a new is something not acceptable. over 500 EUROS for a product that flight away suddenly.
I kindly ask to you to submit to your analisys department this new proof, in order to analizie better the incident.

best regards.
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkvrgakPKn0&feature=youtu.be

2020-4-27
Use props
Cucciocuccio
lvl.1
Italy

Dear Support,

How your Data analisys dept, can liquidate this case giving me 100% of responsibility?
You have the video: i was piloting in safe condititions, no errors on my side.

Hope i am wrong, but looks like you leave me alone.

I remember that drone received command RTH correctly.
Then it fly away using your sw logic instead come  back on home point.  He flyed for a long period, and i was luck that was a safe area with fields, further injuries are avoided for this reason.
Anyway i’m not a stupid, i have enac/easa pilot license, i have an insurance and drone was registered to autorithy in order to avoid any risks.

You suggested to me to fly with caution, and let me say that you must revise you RTH basic logic in order to be more safe.

PLEASE HELP ME.
Give me the certainty that DJI is a serious company.
because now this is the exactly behavior of the all drone companies...

Steve
2020-4-28
Use props
Cucciocuccio
lvl.1
Italy

Dear Support,

I cannot stop asking you for help. First of all because You are ignoring me, without  reason from my point of view.
Second because you are DJI and your quality standard should be different
Third because is my right to receive an answer, i'was just asking.

I submit data, purchase proof and now the video and You suddenly disappeared.

How do you think i can close this story in this way?
Anyway i repeat, i'm just looking for your help, hoping in your hand...
Never seen so glacial behavior.

with regards
Steve

2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cucciocuccio Posted at 4-29 22:46
Dear Support,

I cannot stop asking you for help. First of all because You are ignoring me, without  reason from my point of view.

Hi Steve, I'm terribly sorry for the late response, please make sure to reply directly to my post so that I could receive the notification and reply timely.
We appreciate you provide the video of the accident, rest assured we will forward to our data analysis team to double review, please wait patiently for further communication, thank you.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Steve, our team has checked the video and confirmed your drone should crash with the bird and rolled over, you also mentioned in the case illustration that the bird attacked the drone. The aircraft drifted away and dropped from the air due to the IMU damaged caused by the crash, the case will remain a non-warranty. But I will escalate your concern to the team to see whether there is any better resolution, please wait patiently for the email update, thank you very much.
2020-4-30
Use props
Cucciocuccio
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 00:31
Hi Steve, our team has checked the video and confirmed your drone should crash with the bird and rolled over, you also mentioned in the case illustration that the bird attacked the drone. The aircraft drifted away and dropped from the air due to the IMU damaged caused by the crash, the case will remain a non-warranty. But I will escalate your concern to the team to see whether there is any better resolution, please wait patiently for the email update, thank you very much.

Dear Mindy,

So heartened to see finally a reply, Thank you.
I replied yesterday by email to support.

Regards
Stefano Talotta

2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cucciocuccio Posted at 4-30 21:42
Dear Mindy,

So heartened to see finally a reply, Thank you.

Sorry again for the previous unpleasant experience, I have informed the team to take care of your email, hope you will get the replacement drone soon. If you need any further assistance, please make sure to reply to one of my posts and I will do my best to help.
2020-5-1
Use props
Cucciocuccio
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-1 00:42
Sorry again for the previous unpleasant experience, I have informed the team to take care of your email, hope you will get the replacement drone soon. If you need any further assistance, please make sure to reply to one of my posts and I will do my best to help.

Dear Mindy,

I provided payment for replacement of my drone using paypal button in quotation email.
Just one doubt, on friday after payment,i didn’t receive any receipt or email from DJI.
Anyway  thank you Mindy for your precious support

Steve
2020-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cucciocuccio Posted at 5-3 04:42
Dear Mindy,

I provided payment for replacement of my drone using paypal button in quotation email.

Sorry that the payment notification still hasn't been sent to you, no worries, the payment does have been received, we will send you the replacement aircraft as soon as possible.
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules