602 4 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dthawk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a minor incident on the morning of April 21 flight doing some photography. I bumped into a insulated power line. No electrical damage to my Mavic 2 Pro.  The drone did a couple of barrel rolls and recovered.  The gimbal wasn't working after the incident, and was locked and wouldn't respond. I flew the drone back immediately. After I landed. I had two props that needed to be replaced. No damage to the aircraft. No scratches or dings. I was lucky.  After replacing the props. It flew again with no issues. The Gimbal worked perfect ever since.
Except now I am having issues with the rear right motor. On Sunday 04/26 my rear right motor was locking up and would not spin freely before launch.  Removing and reinstalling the prop is now becoming difficult. I have to really apply some pressure to remove the prop and reinstall the prop.  I couldn't get the drone to take off on Sunday April 26.  I managed to remove the rear right prop a few more times, and got the prop to spin freely before take off, and it started flying again. I am thinking I might of did some damage to the rear right motor on 04/21/20 flight.   I will post my flight logs below and hoping you DJI pros can give me some advice if I need to get it repaired.

April 21 minor collision
https://app.airdata.com/share/AfFsGF

April 23 flight - no issues
https://app.airdata.com/share/iosfRm

April 26 flight - working again after reinstalling rear right prop
https://app.airdata.com/share/xockmJ

David H.
Dallas Texas
2020-4-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I think you may have a tiny pc. of the plastic lug that hold the props in place stuffed underneath the motor bell.

Look carefully, and I think you will find something...
2020-4-27
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 4-27 11:56
I think you may have a tiny pc. of the plastic lug that hold the props in place stuffed underneath the motor bell.

Look carefully, and I think you will find something...

YES SIR!  Thank you. This is why I post to this forum.  You described my problem to the T.  I did have a piece of the plastic lug from the prop that broke off and it was jamming my motor.  I took a small micro screwdriver and tweezers and removed it.  

PROBLEM SOLVED.  Thank you!
2020-4-28
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

No Problemo...
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dthawk Posted at 4-28 04:45
YES SIR!  Thank you. This is why I post to this forum.  You described my problem to the T.  I did have a piece of the plastic lug from the prop that broke off and it was jamming my motor.  I took a small micro screwdriver and tweezers and removed it.  

PROBLEM SOLVED.  Thank you!

That was close. I would have never thought of that solution.
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules