Mavic Air Stuck in start up. Won't respond or connect
5267 17 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else having this issue? I think it is stuck in the start up mode when you first turn it on. I can't connect it to a computer either. When I plug in the drone via USB, the computer tries to recognize it, but then it can't. The computer makes a sound when you plug the USB in, but then it makes the sound as if I unplugged the USB over and over.

I power on Mavic Air. It starts the testing process and makes start up beep. Then it will start blinking green, red and yellow back to green over and over. Holding function button does nothing. See my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavfOAEwAio

Also, when I plug the USB cable into any computer, the computer cannot recognize the drone. DJI Assistant cant see the drone because the computer cannot see drone. The computer makes a noise as if I plugged something in, but then it makes a noise as if I unplugged the USB cable. Very frustrating.
DJI needs to help!!!!

2020-4-27
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

FYI - Here are the things I have tried:

1.) Different fully charged batteries. Same result.
2.) Tried connecting drone to controller with WiFi, my mobile device can't see the drone's Wifi. I tried multiple devices. I don't think the drone is broadcasting because it is stuck in startup mode
3.) USB to computer using DJI Assistant. I tried multiple cables and computers. Same result, computer recognizes but then immediately disconnects and gets stuck in that loop.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

I'm having the same problem someone please help
2020-5-9
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_KXGKENc145UO Posted at 5-9 05:43
I'm having the same problem someone please help

After long discussion with DJI technical support. They determined that I should send it in for them to look at it. If you are having this same issue, then you probably need to send it to them to fix it. If you are out of warranty, there will more than likely be a cost for them to fix/replace it. Sorry for the bad news. I decided to buy the Mavic Pro instead.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Canada

Grrr totally what I didn't want to hear it flew perfectly then I decided to do the update it froze at 99% I turned off the drone to try and restart the update and it started flashing green yellow red and wont connect to anything rc connects to go4 app and assistant 2 drone will not it is out of warranty so sad right now
2020-5-9
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_KXGKENc145UO Posted at 5-9 07:36
Grrr totally what I didn't want to hear it flew perfectly then I decided to do the update it froze at 99% I turned off the drone to try and restart the update and it started flashing green yellow red and wont connect to anything rc connects to go4 app and assistant 2 drone will not it is out of warranty so sad right now

Are you able to connect the drone to a computer? I was not able to. When I plug the drone in the computer sees it but immediately unsees it. This happens over and over. If you are able to connect it to a computer, you may be able to use the DJI Assist 2 to factory reset the drone. This should fix the update issue.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Canada

Same for me also connects to pc and disconnects right away and wont  connect to go4 too. Did your drone ever get fixed and how much did it cost
2020-5-9
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_KXGKENc145UO Posted at 5-9 19:26
Same for me also connects to pc and disconnects right away and wont  connect to go4 too. Did your drone ever get fixed and how much did it cost

I didnt send it in yet. I bought a Mavic Pro instead. Probably going to trash the Air.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Canada

Jussaguy Posted at 5-9 19:37
I didnt send it in yet. I bought a Mavic Pro instead. Probably going to trash the Air.
Oh ok its really frustrating you try and keep the drpne up to date and safe to fly and a software bricks a expensive drone dont know what im going to do
2020-5-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried removing the SD card and reformatting in a  PC
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Canada

I don't have a sd card in it at all
2020-5-10
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 5-9 19:56
Have you tried removing the SD card and reformatting in a  PC

SD card has nothing to do with this problem. When you plug the drone into a computer, the computer attempts to see the drone. The computer gets stuck in a loop of seeing the drone and then unseeing the drone. This happens because the drone is stuck in startup mode.
2020-5-10
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_KXGKENc145UO Posted at 5-10 05:10
I don't have a sd card in it at all

DJI should have designed the drone so you can factory reset without using a computer or separate device, but you cannot.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Canada

Jussaguy Posted at 5-10 05:47
DJI should have designed the drone so you can factory reset without using a computer or separate device, but you cannot.
I totally agree or help more for their customers or a software that can tell u what is wrong with it
2020-5-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jussaguy Posted at 5-10 05:45
SD card has nothing to do with this problem. When you plug the drone into a computer, the computer attempts to see the drone. The computer gets stuck in a loop of seeing the drone and then unseeing the drone. This happens because the drone is stuck in startup mode.

The SD card corruption sometimes stops the AC from connecting to the RC.

Always use the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for the relevant AC
https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2

For the USB connect/disconnect issue, try reloading the driver .bat file (32 or 64bit depending on your windows version)
See the highlighted file path and relevant driver files.

2020-5-10
Use props
Jussaguy
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 5-10 19:02
The SD card corruption sometimes stops the AC from connecting to the RC.

Always use the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for the relevant AC

Tried it already. The computer doesnt even get a chance to pick up on the drone. I tried everything before and after talking with DJI.
2020-5-10
Use props
Leonovdmn
New

Russia

I have such a problem. DJI mavic 2 pro drone. At startup, it first loads normally, and after calibration of the camera, there is no sound signal about the end of loading the drone and the indicator on the battery is lit and the cooling cooler in the drone is constantly spinning. At the same time, the remote control does not see the drone. And when I try to connect to the assistant, the drone simply connects and disconnects from the computer without stopping and does not allow you to do anything. What could it be?
2021-3-14
Use props
Clint THPRD
New
United States

I was having an issue getting IMU to calibrate. Plugged it into PC to check Assistant, but it wouldn’t see the M2P. When I unplugged it, the indicators started flashing through red, green, yellow like it was running self diagnostic, but it just kept on those colors. I left it like that for about 20 or 30 minutes before the battery started getting pretty low. Swapped batteries, gave the M2P a reboot, same colors on indicators. Was able to connect with the smart controller, and it was reporting IMU issues still, and it still wouldn’t calibrate. I tried connecting to pc again, but it still wouldn’t show up in Assistant. After another reboot or 2, it is now to the point where everyone else here is reporting. Power light comes on, fan comes on, propellers twitch slightly, gimbal goes through a rotation sequence, and then nothing happens after. Smart controller sees the M2P for a sec, let’s you connect, but then bounces between weak signal, and disconnected.    So… any ideas? This particular M2P is a little over 2 years old, and this is the first time, other then when it was initiated that we have to do any calibration. Before COVID it flew a few times a month, since COVID it flies about 1 or 2 times a quarter.
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules