Motor Speed Error, FW Update Error
123Next >
29748 105 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

Before flying the other day, I was informed of a FW update for my Mavic Mini. I had V01.00.0040 installed so allowed the app on my iPhoneXR to install the FW upgrade to V01.00.0050. It appeared that the FW upgrade was successful and I began my first flight. Within a minute I received this error: Motor speed error. Land or return to home promptly. After powering off the aircraft, replace the propeller on the beeping ESC. If the issue persists, contact DJI Support (Code: 30246) The error was on the left rear motor.

I landed, restarted the drone and took another flight. The same error occurred.

Later, I connected the Mavic Mini to my MacBook Pro and launched DJI Assistant 2 and received a notification that there was a firmware incompatability with certain modules so I refreshed the firmware. The FW update seemed to complete successfully.

I went outside and took another flight and the error did not occur right away but soon I did receive the Motor Speed Error again. But I also received two another different error, [url=]Not Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 6 times).[/url]

[url=]I ended the flights and connected my Mavic Mini to my MacBook Pro several more times and ran DJI Assistant 2 again in an attempt to downgrade the firmware to V01.00.0040 but was unable to do so. Every time I attempted, I got an update failed error. I was not able to refresh the V01.00.0050 firmware either. I got Update Failer errors. Each time I uploaded the Error Log.[/url]

[url=]When attempting the Firmware updates, the FW would download to 100% but then during the Transmission phase, the percentage remained at 0% until eventually the Update Failed error would occur.[/url]

[url=]So I believe my Mavic Mini is defective and should be replaced under warranty.[/url]

[url=]Please Advise.[/url]
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Michael Erb, sorry for the difficulties on the firmware upgrade, did you switch the battery? If the new battery was not updated, it could show incompatible firmware, please ensure all the batteries have been updated.
When you received Update Failed error, is there any other detailed error code?

For the Motor Speed Error, please double-check whether the propellers are damaged or cracked. If not, we will need more details for analysis.
1. Flight Controller Aircraft Data:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the Mavic Mini is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

2. The specific time when the error happens.

3. The corresponding flight records.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the "flightrecord" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "flightrecord" folder.

Once you export the required logs, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you in advance.
2020-4-27
Use props
JacekPL
New
Flight distance : 11798 ft
Poland

I just updated the firmware to the latest version and I have the same problem. After several seconds of flight, Mavic Mini reported an error (Code: 30246)
2020-4-28
Use props
JacekPL
New
Flight distance : 11798 ft
Poland

JacekPL Posted at 4-28 03:17
I just updated the firmware to the latest version and I have the same problem. After several seconds of flight, Mavic Mini reported an error (Code: 30246)

update

I have also refreshed the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2 application - nothing helped, the error continued.

I decided to replace the propellers with new ones. I would add that the propellers I replaced were original and showed no signs of damage.
Exchange helped. I conducted a test flight and for now I have no error, Mavic Mini is stable.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JacekPL Posted at 4-28 03:38
update

I have also refreshed the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2 application - nothing helped, the error continued.

Thanks for sharing your experience, glad to know the issue was solved after swapping the propellers. We hope you enjoy flying.
2020-4-28
Use props
Tomasz M-k
New

Poland

my problem is exactly the same as JacekPL.
I bought a drone a week ago, this error appeared after a software update. the propellers show no signs of damage, the drone didn't have any collisions. I haven't changed propellers yet, if it helps after the exchange, I will inform you.
2020-4-28
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 20:22
Hi Michael Erb, sorry for the difficulties on the firmware upgrade, did you switch the battery? If the new battery was not updated, it could show incompatible firmware, please ensure all the batteries have been updated.

When the update failed message appears, there is no other detailed error code. It simply shows "Transmitting V01.00.0050" and the progress stays at 0% for at least 5 or 6  minutes then the Update Failed message appears with a link asking to Upload Error Log, which I do upload, then a confirmation appears that simply says Uploaded.

I have 3 batteries and have swapped each of them out and attempted doing this with each of them and all of the attempts have the same Update Failed result.

I should also mention that the Mini gets very hot during this process.

I have made a movie of two attempts  showing this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfbiei0bvlrsdkn/DJI%20update.mp4?dl=0

2020-4-28
Use props
aaflyguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10446 ft
United States

Hi Michael Erb, sorry for the difficulties on the firmware upgrade, did you switch the battery? If the new battery was not updated, it could show incompatible firmware, please ensure all the batteries have been updated.

I am unable to Export the Log from DJI Assistant 2. I get an error that says Export Failed. Please Retry. When I retry, same error.

Here is the Flight Records folder from my iPhoneXR Flight Records

Michael Erb

2020-4-28
Use props
DavidBXL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120686 ft
Belgium

Hello all,

I have the same issue and error code 30246

Context is the same:
No incident
A nearly new drone
No chocs at all.
Firmware updated...

Can fly +/- 2 min without any problem then error code 30246 coming out of the blue...

Last but not least:

Which of the 4 propellers, might be possibly damaged? No details on this.
What could be the real impact on hardware (if any) if this (error) message is ignored?
Is there any option to do a reset of this message or roll back to previous version?

Thanks for your sharing

2020-4-28
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

Hi Michael Erb, sorry for the difficulties on the firmware upgrade, did you switch the battery? If the new battery was not updated, it could show incompatible firmware, please ensure all the batteries have been updated.

Flight Record Folder
2020-4-28
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

DavidBXL Posted at 4-28 10:41
Hello all,

I have the same issue and error code 30246

In my case, I can no longer refresh the FW or downgrade when using DJI Assistant 2. My MacOS is High Sierra. I was able to use DJI Assistant 2 once to upgrade the firmware, but every time I try it now, the Update Fails. I am also not able to save the Flight Log using DJI Assistant 2, that fails as well. I have installed DJI Assistant on a second laptop with the same results.

I'm just about ready to give up on DJI. This is total BS.
2020-4-28
Use props
DavidBXL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120686 ft
Belgium

Let me bring my 2 cents to the discussion, as long as DJI is not reacting on this chain...

I may have found a solution/workaround on the current issue with error code 30246

I did not change anything, nor replace any propeller.

1st step:

Removed the battery from the drone.

2nd  step:

I gently passed my nail, over the hedge of each propeller (like if I was scratching them).
Possibly that Mavic mini has sensors on motors/propellers triggered a reset?

3rd step:

Restarted the whole things and took off.
After 5 min test, no more error code.

Hope the above will help all of you.
Tell me if this is working
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michael Erb Posted at 4-28 10:46
In my case, I can no longer refresh the FW or downgrade when using DJI Assistant 2. My MacOS is High Sierra. I was able to use DJI Assistant 2 once to upgrade the firmware, but every time I try it now, the Update Fails. I am also not able to save the Flight Log using DJI Assistant 2, that fails as well. I have installed DJI Assistant on a second laptop with the same results.

I'm just about ready to give up on DJI. This is total BS.

Could you please help export the firmware logs for further analysis? Please find it under ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log and then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.
2020-4-30
Use props
MoManjoo786
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492297 ft
South Africa

Same issue after upgrading firmware - definitely as a result of updating the firmware on my drone

Motor speed error. Land or return to home promptly. After powering off the aircraft, replace the propeller on the beeping ESC. If the issue persists, contact DJI Support(Code: 30246)
2020-4-30
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 02:54
Could you please help export the firmware logs for further analysis? Please find it under ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log and then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.

I do not have the exact path that you suggest. Here is a screenshot of what my ~/Library/ path looks like.

Library path screenshot
2020-4-30
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 02:54

My patience is thin.

Here is a link to all of the various DJI directories in my ~/Libnrary/Application Support/

DJI Assistant logs of various names
2020-4-30
Use props
djiuser_5BgbIyCHlopF
New

Argentina

I Had the same error for a week, didnt want to change the propellers, but the mini keept making the same error. Talk to DJI support and they want to take my mini to the factory in USA (im from Argentina, South America) and i had to pay the both trips. So i dicide to change the propellers from the ESC that was """""broken"""". Then i do a Test fly but then the mini makes the same error again but now it was from the opposite ESC!!!!!!!!! So again I change the propellers in that engine and do a new test fly for about 15 min, from that moment I didnt have the error 30246. it is very dissapointing DJI smh
2020-4-30
Use props
Martin Krajnak
New

Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-28 05:10
Thanks for sharing your experience, glad to know the issue was solved after swapping the propellers. We hope you enjoy flying.

Hello, i own Mavic mini for two weeks. I had a first flight and everything was ok. I get the update of firmware before second flight Also with the batteries... After few minutes of flight i get the same problem with "motor speed error..." I replaced the propelers and after that everything  ran good. Today, i have third flight and the same error comes... Is there the possibility to downgrade the update? Thanks.
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Sweden

Hi,

Same error here. Updated a few days ago and had a few flights since then. Today out of nowhere this happens.
The drone is only 2 weeks old and did never crash.

I noticed the motor gets hot when this error occurs after I land. Happens like 1-2 minutes after taking off.
2020-5-1
Use props
Jo Joly
New

Canada

You should try this…..if your propellers are fine the issue you are going to solve with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic you just have to refresh the .0500 firmware on your mini with each of the batteries (this with your desktop). since if you did the update from your cell it is very possible that one of the batteries was not programmed correctly and gives you a false Warning "Motor Speed error". Don't forget to also program the remote control. Just try a 5 minutes fly and it was correct for me
2020-5-1
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

Jo Joly Posted at 5-1 16:03
You should try this…..if your propellers are fine the issue you are going to solve with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic you just have to refresh the .0500 firmware on your mini with each of the batteries (this with your desktop). since if you did the update from your cell it is very possible that one of the batteries was not programmed correctly and gives you a false Warning "Motor Speed error". Don't forget to also program the remote control. Just try a 5 minutes fly and it was correct for me

I did refresh the firmware from my computer as well as all three batteries. It did not fix the error. And actually I can no longer refresh or downgrade using my computer. I get an update failed error. I have tried to refresh or downgrade at least a dozen times. Something is borked.
2020-5-1
Use props
fansc047eb8e
New
Flight distance : 16923 ft
United States

I was believing it was an issue with the firmware but after comparing my set of propellers to a new set of propellers I’m quit sure this was the problem.
Once you put the 2 propellers side by side on a flat surface you should see the difference.
It is very minimal and unless you have the reference of the flat surface and an old and new propeller side by side you can’t tell how flat your old one is.

This was for my rear right (looking from behind the MM).
The rear left was off as well but less.
The front ones were just fine.

Hope this helps
2020-5-1
Use props
fansc047eb8e
New
Flight distance : 16923 ft
United States

2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

I just dont think it‘s a coincidence so many Users are seeing this After Firmware Update.

I dont See anyone reporting this issue before DJI released the Update.
Very weird.
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_WxICPRpaioy6
New
Flight distance : 3819 ft
Norway

Hi, I also got that fault after i downloaded the new update...
2020-5-2
Use props
Tagathag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111772 ft
Greece

I had the update yesterday...today i have also the error!! What do you suggest guys?? To replace the "defective" propeller or all of them?
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_LXwRz1rJyVj2
lvl.1

Norway

I updated firmware yesterday, no problem flying today using the battery that was in the drone while I updated the firmware. I depleted that battery in the drone, swapped to a new battery and received the 30246 error. Restarted the drone, but the error came back. I then updated the firmware on the new battery and the error was gone.

Seems to me the error is caused by old battery firmware.
2020-5-2
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

I updated today and experienced the same problem. I had flown a week ago with no errors. Tried it twice with Sam result after resetting everything.
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_Z1RdKkc12NuJ
lvl.1

Belgium

Hello,
Last time it flew was in March, and no errors, nor colisions.
Before leaving home today, I updated the drone to the latest version.
First flight of today and got the error after around 3min, so I decided to land. Did a check on the motor and on the propellers of rear left. Did not see anything wrong.
Rebooted the drone and had another flight, which show no errors for around 5/6 minutes at around 10/20meters. Then decided to go higher, and at 85meters high, with no errors yet. When I was returning and about to land, it shows the error 30246 again, at around 5 meters high and after 8min of flight time.
Any suggestions?
2020-5-2
Use props
Chris Brusa
New

Canada

Same problem on my mavic mini after the update. Please DJI make a fix
2020-5-2
Use props
fansc7d6d90c
New
Flight distance : 9980 ft
United States

Just like everyone else, I too can replicate the issue after updating my firmware. I did so using my phone and then connected to drone as instructed. It seemed to be stuck at 45% for the longest time before finally completing and then all of sudden it got to 100%. Flew her today for the first time after the update and within 3 minutes I received the error and immediately landed her. My drone is still brand new, so how can the propellers need replacing? I’ve never crashed it. I had no problems before the update. DJI, please help us get back into the air. I’m not cheap, but it sucks to unnecessarily have to change the propellers. Are the sensors perhaps too sensitive now after the update?
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_Mzv90gqKwFHu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 527608 ft
United States

Updated firmware got the error. Changed the props with new ones, flew for almost 10 minutes, got the error. Very frustrating.
2020-5-2
Use props
sawaz97
New
United States

same error for me. switched left rear prop, took off now its saying its the right rear prop. this was the first flight after all the firmware updates i had just installed. no problems before firmware update, nothing but problems after update. DO NOT UPDATE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE, IT'S GOT BUGS!
2020-5-2
Use props
MoManjoo786
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492297 ft
South Africa

Replaced the left propeller after updating the firmaware, now its reporting the error on the right back motor
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_TQcp6n46jaM6
New
Flight distance : 41677 ft
United States

Brand new drone, updated to new firmware (500) before the very first flight. Getting the error on the rear left motor once in a while. I was very gentle with the props during transportation (combo case). No visual issues with props at all.
I can see the drone leaning backwards and left on every take off, before it stabilizes. But getting the error 1/2 of the flights.
Don’t wanna start replacing the props just yet
2020-5-3
Use props
MiniK
New

Singapore

Hi guys,

Just bought the mavic mini one month ago. Updated the firmware and also encountered the issue with the motor speed error warning. my right rear propellers was the issue and i had them replaced.
The error was not seen anymore after this and the motor was more stable (before, it has this cranky sound and feels like it was in stressed).

Strange was, in my flymore combo and a subsequent additional propellers replacement kit from DJI, i noticed that the label on the propellers was different from the rest of the propellers, new and exisiting.
If you look closely, the errant propeller was labelled as G1, instead of A3,B3,E4,F4 in all of my replacement kits and existing. so i was wondering could this be a defective prop manufactured at start. it could happen to older batch ( i got mine from a clearance sale, batteries was drained; signs of old stocks clearing, etc).

Just my guess and i think you really have to replace the propeller to eliminate this motor speed error warning..
2020-5-3
Use props
nickydawson76hotmail.co.uk
New

United Kingdom

Hi there, I updated my mavic mini earlier this week and took it out for a fly. 20secs into the flight I got an error for motor speed and to land straight away.
Left hand rear was beeping and was asked to replace props.

The props are brand new with zero damage.
I shut down and then restarted for another flight.
About 40-60 seconds into the flight I got the same message. I landed and this time the right hand rear was beeping, again brand new props with zero damage.

This has to be a software issues as it was absolutely fine before.

Please advise if there is a fix for this?
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240476 ft
Canada

I just experienced the same problem after updating the firmware. Tried twice with the same error messages.

Can I ask which ESC in your mini was beeping when you had the same problem?

Screenshot_20200503-195250__01.jpg
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY Posted at 5-3 15:57
I just experienced the same problem after updating the firmware. Tried twice with the same error messages.

Can I ask which ESC in your mini was beeping when you had the same problem?[Image]

Seems all on the right rear..... No?
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Canada

MoManjoo786 Posted at 5-3 04:51
Replaced the left propeller after updating the firmaware, now its reporting the error on the right back motor

How can you tell which one needs replaced? I couldn't tell which was beeping?
Thanks!
2020-5-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules