29772 105 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240476 ft
Canada

Jo Joly Posted at 5-1 16:03
You should try this…..if your propellers are fine the issue you are going to solve with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic you just have to refresh the .0500 firmware on your mini with each of the batteries (this with your desktop). since if you did the update from your cell it is very possible that one of the batteries was not programmed correctly and gives you a false Warning "Motor Speed error". Don't forget to also program the remote control. Just try a 5 minutes fly and it was correct for me

How do you "program the controller"?
Thanks.
2020-5-3
Use props
aaflyguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10446 ft
United States

djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY Posted at 5-3 15:57
I just experienced the same problem after updating the firmware. Tried twice with the same error messages.

Can I ask which ESC in your mini was beeping when you had the same problem?[Image]

Mine was left rear
2020-5-3
Use props
aaflyguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10446 ft
United States

I just experienced the same problem after updating the firmware. Tried twice with the same error messages.

Can I ask which ESC in your mini was beeping when you had the same problem?[Image]

Mine was left rear
2020-5-3
Use props
fans9126f2e1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42844 ft
Spain

I had the same problem yesterday and I solved it making a software downgrade to the version 0.400. I connected the remote and the drone to the computer,USB with the cable. My operatic sistem Windows 10, I download DJI 2 assistant for Mavic. Today I was flying my Mavic Mini with the 3 batteries ( 1 hour and 20 minutes ) and didn’t show me message not even one ( Checked S,P,T modes ), yesterday with the version 0.500 show me the message always I tried to fly in two minutes time, and the motors were hot.
So it’s a software problem and I hope DJI solve it soon. P.D I didn’t have to change any propeller, were the same like yesterday.
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_IJihTqSKAuUs
New

United Kingdom

Coincidentally this is all happening after the latest firmware update even though everybody is changing the blades at the rear it still persists why is this? I have changed loads and still have the same issue after 6 minutes flight time this must be a known issue as I've seen everywhere are complaints about the same issue. Please hold your hands up DJ and and confirm that this is a problem.
2020-5-4
Use props
fans7b0c1d05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21152 ft
Slovakia

DavidBXL Posted at 4-29 02:13
Let me bring my 2 cents to the discussion, as long as DJI is not reacting on this chain...

I may have found a solution/workaround on the current issue with error code 30246

I was having the same issue after the update. 5 attemps to fly with the motor error appearing each time.

Thanks to @DavidBXL, I did the same thing scratching my fingernail gently over the offending propellers. I did find they were a bit bent/scratched and smoothed them off. I also refastened the properllers with a screw driver in case they were a bit loose. I also made sure all firmware on the controller and all batteries were the same.

Im now back in the air error free. Thanks for the advice!
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, for flight safety concerns, we added the detection of abnormal motor speed in the V1.0.5 firmware version. If such error occurs during flight, it is recommended that you first check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed.
You are recommended to replace the entire pair of propellers on the corresponding motor firstly. If there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage, please flatten the propellers and try again.
If the above operations do not work after multiple attempts, you are recommended to send back for further tests.

2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 03:31
Hi all, for flight safety concerns, we added the detection of abnormal motor speed in the V1.0.5 firmware version. If such error occurs during flight, it is recommended that you first check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed.
You are recommended to replace the entire pair of propellers on the corresponding motor firstly. If there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage, please flatten the propellers and try again.
If the above operations do not work after multiple attempts, you are recommended to send back for further tests.
It does beep, but I couldn't tell which ESC is doing it. Please advise. I don't get error code as others reported.
Thanks
Screenshot_20200503-195250__01.jpg
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Canada

I replaced one pair which were likely having problem.
But the error persises.

I still don't know which was beeping ESC!
Screenshot_20200504-094907.jpg
2020-5-4
Use props
fans9126f2e1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42844 ft
Spain

Downgrade the version to 0.400 until the patch or a new solution, it works to me. And you don’t have to scratch or change any propeller.
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Canada

fans9126f2e1 Posted at 5-4 05:56
Downgrade the version to 0.400 until the patch or a new solution, it works to me. And you don’t have to scratch or change any propeller.

Thanks for advice. I downgraded the firmware and tried to fly withinout any error.

So I would recommend this to everyone else with the same problem. It's pointless to replace potentially good parts and still to fly with a likely problematic bugs in the newest firmware.  

DJI should really make some sort of statement about it. sending back your mini doesn't seem to be a good idea.
2020-5-4
Use props
Oliris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291699 ft
Belgium

Hi!,
i haved yesterday the same issue after updating my firmware on my smartphone. today i updated again but by other flow. i updated al the battery one by one in my Drone connected on my pc. after this i updated also my command-box again on pc. the problem is now solved for me, no more errors !.
2020-5-4
Use props
fans53f50205
New

United Kingdom

I am having exactly the same problem. Nothing wrong with the propellors but I get the motor speed error every flight! Incredibly frustrating DJI!
2020-5-5
Use props
fans53f50205
New

United Kingdom

I am having exactly the same problem. Nothing wrong with the propellors but I get the motor speed error every flight! Incredibly frustrating DJI!
2020-5-5
Use props
Oliris
lvl.1
Belgium

fans53f50205 Posted at 5-5 08:40

Hi!,

Do you tested to update all the battery one by one and your command-box on your PC?
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_4mr3gq8m5zar
New
Flight distance : 75574 ft
Czechia

Same issue after updating firmaware. I could use my mavic mini only when was brand new. After first and the next updated is my mavic mini useless, i am afraid to fly with him because almost everery time mavic mini fall down from the sky. Now motor issue plus sometime almost everytime mavic mini just dicede to fall down especialy a moment when i get strong wind warning i have around 10 sec after mavic fall down. super maschine if you wanna waste some money probably i will try to return it because with every update is mavic mini more and more useless.
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_4mr3gq8m5zar
New
Flight distance : 75574 ft
Czechia

djiuser_4mr3gq8m5zar Posted at 5-5 12:24
Same issue after updating firmaware. I could use my mavic mini only when was brand new. After first and the next updated is my mavic mini useless, i am afraid to fly with him because almost everery time mavic mini fall down from the sky. Now motor issue plus sometime almost everytime mavic mini just dicede to fall down especialy a moment when i get strong wind warning i have around 10 sec after mavic fall down. super maschine if you wanna waste some money  probably i will try to return it because with every update is mavic mini more and more useless.

To be clear it is not falling it is more like if i am pushing full throtle down but i can not control it reduce it i can just watch it how mavic mini will hit the ground.
2020-5-5
Use props
Oliris
lvl.1
Belgium

djiuser_4mr3gq8m5zar Posted at 5-5 13:26
To be clear it is not falling it is more like if i am pushing full throtle down but i can not control it reduce it i can just watch it how mavic mini will hit the ground.

Hi!,

Do you tested to update all the battery one by one and your command-box on your PC?
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_il3FvxaXnWfb
New

United States

I too have got this error both before and after replacing my props.  Please provide a new update or allow me to turn off this setting?  My mavic mini is just a month old and directly after this update this started happening.  I have no issues with my drone. Please address this issue for your customers.  
2020-5-6
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not sure it's defective as I am getting the same error.  It may very well be a firmware issue.
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_mDPlfIUvCm15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5305 ft
United States

same case with my mavic mini, just bought last week and after the update the motor speed error occurred. Tried 3 times turning the remote and the drone off and on again but to no avail.

But i found a solution! When I started flying with the prop guard that came with the flymore combo, the warning never showed again! (So far) tried it twice, flew twice but no problem at all! Will update this if it occurs again but so far so good
2020-5-6
Use props
chris neiner
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 20:22
Hi Michael Erb, sorry for the difficulties on the firmware upgrade, did you switch the battery? If the new battery was not updated, it could show incompatible firmware, please ensure all the batteries have been updated.
When you received Update Failed error, is there any other detailed error code?

Are we supposed to do all of that before or after we get a replacement from Amazon because it's still under warranty?

2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_GaCeaWAoEzYp
New
Flight distance : 18711 ft
Netherlands

Hi, from all the postings here it's seems very likely that the problem is in fact with the firmware update. I understand it's meant to prevent issues but it's likely that the code triggers alerts too quickly? Does DJI recognize this and are you reviewing the update code for potential issues?
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New
Flight distance : 125 ft

India

Hello Everyone,
I'm getting this error after latest firmware update.
"Motor speed error. Land or return to home promptly. After powering off the aircraft, replace the propeller on the beeping ESC. If the issue persists, contact DJI Support(Code: 30246)".
The error is displayed just within on minute of flight. This has happened just after upgrading to new firmware V01.000500. And the error is generating for the left rear motor of drone.
I've seen various threads related to this, and came to conclude that there is some issue definitely with the firmware as it is creating same error to all the users. Now I'm downgrading to previous version using DJI assistant. Lets see what happens. But DJI is required to upgrade the firmware as soon as possible as its not the problem of individual but common.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

Yes, I found the solution of Motor speed Error.....you just downgrade to previous version of firmware i.e. V01.00.0400.
Your problem will be solved, you won't face any Motor speed Error then. This time the error is being distributed by DJI itself.....not expected from topmost drone company. Earlier when I was getting the Motor speed Error, at that time the rear left motor was heating up too.....but after downgrading the version, no problem is found related to heat.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

Can I ask which ESC in your mini was beeping when you had the same problem?

Yes, I found the solution of Motor speed Error.....you just downgrade to previous version of firmware i.e. V01.00.0400.
Your problem will be solved, you won't face any Motor speed Error then. This time the error is being distributed by DJI itself.....not expected from topmost drone company. Earlier when I was getting the Motor speed Error, at that time the rear left motor was heating up too.....but after downgrading the version, no problem is found related to heat.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY Posted at 5-3 16:32
How can you tell which one needs replaced? I couldn't tell which was beeping?
Thanks!

The beeping motor always jerks in a little manner with the beep.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

nickydawson76hotmail.co.uk Posted at 5-3 08:14
Hi there, I updated my mavic mini earlier this week and took it out for a fly. 20secs into the flight I got an error for motor speed and to land straight away.
Left hand rear was beeping and was asked to replace props.

2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

MiniK Posted at 5-3 05:16
Hi guys,

Just bought the mavic mini one month ago. Updated the firmware and also encountered the issue with the motor speed error warning. my right rear propellers was the issue and i had them replaced.

2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

Yes, I found the solution of Motor speed Error.....you just downgrade to previous version of firmware i.e. V01.00.0400.  Your problem will be solved, you won't face any Motor speed Error then. This time the error is being distributed by DJI itself.....not expected from topmost drone company. Earlier when I was getting the Motor speed Error, at that time the rear left motor was heating up too.....but after downgrading the version, no problem is found related to heat.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

JacekPL Posted at 4-28 03:17
I just updated the firmware to the latest version and I have the same problem. After several seconds of flight, Mavic Mini reported an error (Code: 30246)

2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

DavidBXL Posted at 4-28 10:41
Hello all,

I have the same issue and error code 30246

2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_2F1oYPENrNSo
New

India

MoManjoo786 Posted at 4-30 09:39
Same issue after upgrading firmware - definitely as a result of updating the firmware on my drone

Motor speed error. Land or return to home promptly. After powering off the aircraft, replace the propeller on the beeping ESC. If the issue persists, contact DJI Support(Code: 30246)

2020-5-9
Use props
calvz14z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5305 ft
United States

djiuser_mDPlfIUvCm15 Posted at 5-6 06:21
same case with my mavic mini, just bought last week and after the update the motor speed error occurred. Tried 3 times turning the remote and the drone off and on again but to no avail.

But i found a solution! When I started flying with the prop guard that came with the flymore combo, the warning never showed again! (So far) tried it twice, flew twice but no problem at all! Will update this if it occurs again but so far so good

yes, been flying a couple more times with props guard and still no motor speed error!
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1021142 ft
United States

My Mavic mini is only 1 month old and flown only 4 times and I got the motor speed error message immediately after the firmware upgrade. I changed the
props as it suggested and it still gave me an error message.  I assumed this error was a manufacturer defect as my mavic is basically brand new.

I had know idea that this issue was related to the firmware until today.  

Thinking it was a manufacturers defect and that I had purchased my Mavic mini through Amazon, I still had the opportunity to return it to Amazon for a refund or replacement.
I also purchased the Care Refresh policy but didn’t think I should have to go through the trouble of shipping a brand new product to DJI to troubleshoot since I still could get a new replacement through Amazon

And here’s my problem :  My Care Refresh policy is still tied to the Mavic I returned to Amazon.

If DJI had responded to my numerous email attempts I wouldn’t have returned it.  It’s been over a week since I wrote to the DJI support team about the motor error and care refresh questions.

At this point I don’t want to transfer the replacement mini to the existing policy (which has one month elapsed on it).  I want a refund and I’ll start a new policy with the replacement drone to start the 12 month coverage.

Can someone from DJI please get back to me about this?  Not one email response from them about the error and about canceling care refresh policy...
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1021142 ft
United States

djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE Posted at 5-10 14:48
My Mavic mini is only 1 month old and flown only 4 times and I got the motor speed error message immediately after the firmware upgrade. I changed the
props as it suggested and it still gave me an error message.  I assumed this error was a manufacturer defect as my mavic is basically brand new.

So as a follow up...DJI finally got back to me but won’t cancel or even transfer the policy to  the drone I purchased and had replaced by Amazon until I can prove in an email from Amazon that the drone was received  Customer support at amazon is limited and I have no clear way to contact them to get such proof.   So to sum it up, I am being forced to purchase a new policy if I want to fly my replaced drone because somehow DJI believe I have an advantage here or that there’s possible dishonesty  on my part....DJI use some common sense here....if I ask to cancel a care refresh policy that is ONE MONTH old and will purchase a new policy  it against the replacement drone I received directly from Amazon....how is this a disadvantage for you?  
2020-5-11
Use props
Chadian
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem with mine it's brand new!
Screenshot_20200511-170357.jpg
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_7WuWbaYc6nRQ
New
Flight distance : 625489 ft
Canada

Same problem on the first flight after the update

Will try to force update on battery or downgrade tomorrow
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_7WuWbaYc6nRQ
New
Flight distance : 625489 ft
Canada

Confirmed I downgrade the firmware today
And tonight I flight it for 10 minutes without the error.  Normally the error occurs in the 2-3 first minutes.
2020-5-13
Use props
Michael Erb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 02:54
Could you please help export the firmware logs for further analysis? Please find it under ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log and then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.

I have sent you all that you requested. Two weeks ago I did this. I have heard nothing back from you or DJI. What is going on? I cannot refresh the firmware nor can I downgrade the firmware. This is ridiculous. My Mavic Mini is essentially new and has only had a few flights. Not happy with DJI right now.
2020-5-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules