Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Rear legs Factory issues?
735 7 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Since last firmware, lotsa unexplained rear props related problems.

Previous firmware would give "uncommanded" descents.

Is it possible that lotsa Minis out there have defect rear left arms...thus needing more props replacements?

Factory related?
btw, for DJI info, my serial is:

1SZDGCC212D6P6

2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

I don't see how, since users are replacing the props and fixing the errors. If they were replacing the rear legs and fixing the errors, then I could see it being rear legs.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 07:34
I don't see how, since users are replacing the props and fixing the errors. If they were replacing the rear legs and fixing the errors, then I could see it being rear legs.

...hopefully, replacing props for these users won't be a regular hobby...
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 07:38
...hopefully, replacing props for these users won't be a regular hobby...

That certainly came to mind, but thus far (since the drone came out) they haven't shown a sign of progressively getting worse. Random users would just pop up with uncommanded descents or max power messages. I am sure that the props do wear out eventually, or probably get too banged up, but I have no worry that they just degrade into what the handful of users have experienced. Even when stored in the case.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 07:46
That certainly came to mind, but thus far (since the drone came out) they haven't shown a sign of progressively getting worse. Random users would just pop up with uncommanded descents or max power messages. I am sure that the props do wear out eventually, or probably get too banged up, but I have no worry that they just degrade into what the handful of users have experienced. Even when stored in the case.

Yep...but brand new machines with this issue is worrisome.
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 07:48
Yep...but brand new machines with this issue is worrisome.

True, and I was a little worried in the beginning. With the same things as you are throwing out.

1. Is it a hardware issue. Bad motors for example.
2. Is the drone trying to do more than it can.
3. Should I have not have slept with the drone under my pillow.

I am just trying to help with all the analysis that has been done on this thing since the uncommanded descents started, which was months ago.

I guess I agree with others that it would be nice if DJI said "This is what we have found and this is what we are doing to correct it." But they obviously don't. I am very happy with the drone and how stable, far,  high and long it flies. I think with the features it has and its stability the odds are in my favor (but certainly not 100%) that I won't lose it, and I have Care Refresh for everything else.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 07:58
True, and I was a little worried in the beginning. With the same things as you are throwing out.

1. Is it a hardware issue. Bad motors for example.

"Should I have not have slept with the drone under my pillow"

That would explain bad props
2020-4-27
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Not rear arms... unless they're bent (they normally sit a little bit at an angle) or wobbly. It can't be bad motors either since the error I feel is triggered mostly by excessive speed compared to a pre-programmed threshold. It is possible that an error might be thrown for low speed but this is yet to be verified.

In the meantime the best strategy is do as advised and replace the props until the problem is fixed. Don't take for granted new props are perfect, they might have come flattened from the factory or have become so for incorrect storage. Check props profile against each other.
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules