Refurbished unit masked as brand new?!
849 18 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans35db0a30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1447 ft
Ukraine

Hi! Recently I bought Mavic 2 Pro. There was no any surprising, package is sealed, all inside looked new, with all the stickers and films, well-packed proper way. But after I activated flying unit and downloaded DJI Assistant 2 tool I found inside some curios flying data! They were dated November 21th 2019. I saved them locally to check later and forgot for some time. Last Saturday I discussed in chat with community of fans and they told me that probably i got refurbished unit because ther shouldn't be any data inside brand new Mavic 2 Pro. they also suggested me to check serial number with some app and online source. After I checked online source I got information about manufacturing date of my unit as Nov, 17th 2019. The Android app "D-Serial" told me that unit is refurbished and also shown manufacturing date as November. I decided to check with DJI online support, today I connected with them and they told me that my Mavic 2 Pro is brand new and manufacturing date is December, 25th 2019 (the same shown on the box). But after I asked them to explain me how it could be possible that I faced with flying data log inside the unit dated by November, they told me nothing and suggested to write e-mail to support.I also tried to download the data log to AirData that to see where it flied before me and why but the log was 2 Gb and it didn't accept so big transfer.

Dear All, what do you think about this case? Help me to check the log! And I also hope DJI support will bring me reasonable comments on my case.

Thanks a lot! Regards, Paul.

2020-4-27
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Did you pay regular retail price for it or lower?
2020-4-27
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-27 09:52
Did you pay regular retail price for it or lower?

I paid normal retail price, a little bit less than average, not more than 5% less
2020-4-27
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

No harm in contacting customer support for a resolve on this.
2020-4-27
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-27 10:03
No harm in contacting customer support for a resolve on this.

I've done it by online chat, they couldn't explain the data inside Mavic2
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For all dji drones it’s the serial on the box that represents the drone, and it’s the same for all drones, that’s a fact so what you were told was correct, now if you have other proof that shows this is incorrect then that’s different.
2020-4-27
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

beltskyy Posted at 4-27 10:08
I've done it by online chat, they couldn't explain the data inside Mavic2

Yeah, there's no other way your drone would have data, other than it being pre-owned/used.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Paul, sorry to read your experience, may we verify where did you purchase the drone? Could you please PM me the serial number for further clarification? For the flight log data, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you in advance.
2020-4-28
Use props
fansea47edc3
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-28 00:44
Hi Paul, sorry to read your experience, may we verify where did you purchase the drone? Could you please PM me the serial number for further clarification? For the flight log data, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you in advance.

I've just sent you by PM all you requested.
2020-4-28
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

hi! any news? I also wanted to notice, that after I unpacked product the aircraft had FW ver. 510, but RC had FW ver. 400
2020-4-28
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-28 00:44

Dear DJI Mindy! I gave you everything you asked. In two days spent a term what I have and ability to return my DJI back. Should I wait for some comments from your side or should I return my Mavic 2 Pro back to the shop as second hand? It's strange that so reliable company don't pay an attention for such cases...
2020-4-29
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

could SOMEBODY from the team of DJI reply me PLEASE? today is the last day and I have a last chance to return your product back to the sales point. should I do it, is it refurbished product? or give us any comment!
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

beltskyy Posted at 4-30 04:28
could SOMEBODY from the team of DJI reply me PLEASE? today is the last day and I have a last chance to return your product back to the sales point. should I do it, is it refurbished product? or give us any comment!

Hi beltskyy, I'm sorry for the late response. Did you send back the drone to the retail store? The flight logs you provided cannot be opened, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here?
2020-5-4
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

OneDrive link is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmQbHqPj-Kcbr2obKuVZJQWTt8Xn?e=9NJizE
GDrive link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XD0dRxP4kUiohwSye86O37vry5V4C41o
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

beltskyy Posted at 5-4 06:44
OneDrive link is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmQbHqPj-Kcbr2obKuVZJQWTt8Xn?e=9NJizE
GDrive link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XD0dRxP4kUiohwSye86O37vry5V4C41o

Thanks for the logs, we have forwarded to our engineers for further confirmation, we will keep you updated once we hear anything from them, thank you for your patience.
2020-5-4
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

thanks, looking forward to hearing from them!
2020-5-4
Use props
beltskyy
lvl.1
Ukraine

any news for this matter?
2020-5-6
Use props
fans94f678fb
lvl.1
United States

hi! it seems you forgot for me and my case. you didn't reply any my PM and here in this topic...
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans94f678fb Posted at 5-29 05:50
hi! it seems you forgot for me and my case. you didn't reply any my PM and here in this topic...

I'm terribly sorry for the late response, please reply to my post so that I could get the notification and reply as fast as I can.
Our engineers have checked the logs. Before the drone left the factory, it will go through many testing processes to ensure the drone is working normally. Usually, we will clear the logs but there are still data that may leave during the clear and random inspection. It is normal if there are any data, but it doesn't mean the drone is refurbished. Please rest assured to fly it. If there is any problem with the drone, please feel free to contact us.
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules