Land and not reset Home Point?
1068 10 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

Is there any way to land the MM and NOT have it reset the home point.   Want to land somewhere, then take off again and return home.  Dont want  to explain the reasons, just looking to see it this is possible.
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

No. You will have to manually set the home point back to what you want after you take off. You can do that by tapping on the map at the lower left and moving the home point.
2020-4-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

You can easily set the HP to the location of the transmitter one you takeoff again
2020-4-27
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I think as long as you do not stop the motors when you land at your "point", the original HP is retained.
You stop the motors....well....you'll then have to use the dynamic home point (your controller) to re-establish the "new HP"...
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Flycaster Posted at 4-27 10:55
I think as long as you do not stop the motors when you land at your "point", the original HP is retained.
You stop the motors....well....you'll then have to use the dynamic home point (your controller) to re-establish the "new HP"...

How do you land a mini without stopping the motors?
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s what DHP is for , one thing I will say is as a pilot you should be at or very close to wherever you choose to land and it should always be in your VLOS.
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 11:01
That’s what DHP is for , one thing I will say is as a pilot you should be at or very close to wherever you choose to land and it should always be in your VLOS.

Does DHP apply to a Mavic Mini?
2020-4-27
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 11:01
That’s what DHP is for , one thing I will say is as a pilot you should be at or very close to wherever you choose to land and it should always be in your VLOS.

Understood.  I know all these things.  After landing and resuming flight I would prefer to use RTH and have RTH available in case of problem.

Anyway, can you please define the term DHP?  It is not in the User Manual.
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Btw, I looked into this before because I fly around a bit and thought if I had to land I would like to take off again. Anyways, by the time I land remotely, there is too much stuff between me and the drone to maintain connection. So for me, it is more about forcing it to land in such a situation (because it loses connection before it lands). Taking back off again is obviously not even possible in that situation.

DHP is dynamic home point, basically, the home point is wherever your RC is.
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 11:07
Does DHP apply to a Mavic Mini?

Well dynamic home point, I realize it’s not auto on mini but you can set homepoint anytime by using update homepoint.
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AE1M Posted at 4-27 11:19
Understood.  I know all these things.  After landing and resuming flight I would prefer to use RTH and have RTH available in case of problem.

Anyway, can you please define the term DHP?  It is not in the User Manual.

I understand for other dji drones dynamic home point can be used, with mini it’s similar and probably more reliable but it’s called update homepoint it should be in the manual.
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules