Can't make a smooth gradual stop.
1591 12 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nor'Easter
lvl.1
Canada

Hi everyone.  Been flying various DJI products over the years and have never had this problem before.  I have a MAvic Air that I purchased new last year.  Last year it flew nice and smooth and I never have a problem making smooth movements.

This year... When I ease off the throttle to come to a nice smooth stop the drone jerks suddnly to a stop, pitching the nose violently upwards no matter how smoothly I feather the throttle to a stop.  Happens btoh in forward and reverse no matter how slowly I am going.

Just wondering is anyone else has encountered this and if there is a fix.  I have done every thing possible to my controller settings, sensitivity, advanced settings etc.  Is this a known glitch?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

2020-4-27
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If it does the same thing after a reboot of the AC and controller, then you might try a controller stick calibration....??
Are you in sport mode?

2020-4-27
Use props
Maple2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Is this a problem with the drone stopping to fast or is the gimbal tilting down a bit when you go forward and tilting up a bit when you stop? If this is the case, I have the same problem. In my case I know that it is not the drone stoping to fast because in setings you can adjust how fast and how smooth the drone stops and this doesn't help. I have tried a gimbal calibration but this doesn't seem to help. I'm starting to wonder if this is normal for the mavic air. Are you sure your drone didn't use to do this?
2020-4-27
Use props
Nor'Easter
lvl.1
Canada

No this has nothing to do with the gimbal. Gimbal is fine.  It is the drone itself.  No matter how lightly I let off the stick, it suddenly stops as if I I had suddenly "reversed thrusters".  
2020-4-27
Use props
Maple2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Changing the EXP or sensitivity in setings wont help? It could very well be a firmware problem. Have you updated the firmware since you last flew?
2020-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can change this in the app.
For example by selecting the cinematic mode.
Make sure you start stopping on time because it needs (way) more distance to stop.
2020-4-28
Use props
Nor'Easter
lvl.1
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 4-28 05:06
You can change this in the app.
For example by selecting the cinematic mode.
Make sure you start stopping on time because it needs (way) more distance to stop.

Cinematic mode has nothing to do with it.  Thanks
2020-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nor'Easter Posted at 4-28 05:28
Cinematic mode has nothing to do with it.  Thanks

Maybe you have not changed it, but it will slow down the effect of your movement drastically.
When you let go of the controls, it will stop slowly in cinematic mode.
So that is exactly what you described right?
2020-4-28
Use props
Nor'Easter
lvl.1
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 4-28 05:32
Maybe you have not changed it, but it will slow down the effect of your movement drastically.
When you let go of the controls, it will stop slowly in cinematic mode.
So that is exactly what you described right?

Perhaps you misunderstood some key points that I made in my post...

1.  I have owned and flown many drones.
2.  Last year my drone did not behave this way, this year it does.
3.  I have tried every possible setting on the drone to fix this.

What are you implying is that it is normal for a DJI drone to come to a sudden and abrupt stop when you ease off the stick.  This is 100% false.  You are also suggesting that putting the drone into cinematic mode is the only way to fix this - also 100% wrong.

I'm am just looking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue, not instructions on how to fly a drone.  Thanks
2020-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nor'Easter Posted at 4-28 06:17
Perhaps you misunderstood some key points that I made in my post...

1.  I have owned and flown many drones.

I must have misunderstood your question.
Sorry about that.

I read it again and have no clue what is going on.
2020-4-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Have you by chance "updated" anything since the time when the AC was happy, and now when it is not?
2020-4-28
Use props
mr.jipi_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73248 ft
Canada

Smooth stop.

Coming from the 3DR Solo drone, I am new to the DJI world with my Mavic 2 Pro.

I’m trying to achieve the following for a specific shoot:

My mission from beginning to end is roughly a 2 km course, deep in nature, that ends with a complet stop. I’m trying to achieve this in 4min, all in a smooth (cinematic) single sequence for a Music Video. In the best scenario, there are 4 different angles/shot I would need to get smoothly in the same sequence in between Start and Finish.

Because it is very hard to achieve a flawless 4 min flight over 2 km flawlessly (for me at least), I was hoping to use the Waypoint's mode. It does 90% of the job but as you know, the transition are not very smooth. My biggest issue with it for this project has been the rough “stop” (brakes) at the end… I need the camera to very smoothly stop and stay still (hoover) for 30 seconds at the end of the music video. And with Waypoint, It is not a smooth stop like you can achieve manually or with the Cinematic mode.

- Is there any way to make the stops in Waypoint smoother? I could settle for a single A to B waypoint, without anything in between, if the end stop would be smooth. 

- Would it be possible to have the Waypoint system handle the first parts of the flight and then switch to manual mode SEEMLESSLY so I can do the braking part smoothly manually?

- Would Litchi allow me to achieve a smoother waypoint experience or at least a single point A to point B with a very smooth stop?

- Tripod mode could really help me but it is way to slow for the timing I need to get over such a long distance. Is there any way to raise the Tripod mode speed? Otherwise, is there a way to cap the overall Drone’s speed to 15km/h for example (like we can cap the altitude and range)? This would make it much easier for me to fly manually and achieve a perfect smooth fly from start to finish.
-

Thank you very much for your support.
2020-5-3
Use props
ProjectV88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123054 ft
Switzerland

Hello mate. I am new to drones but I am experiencing the same as you did and wondering if you found a solution.
2021-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules