665 9 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any info on whether a (better) replacement for M2P is coming any time soon?
If need to replace the batteries, but I'd rather not do that if a new model is coming out within a few months (Summer/Fall 2020).

Solved:
Related question: is there any device/way to cycle/discharge the batteries without actually running the drone?
Answer: use the battery-to-2xUSB adapter from the Fly More Kit, turn the battery on, hook up your phone, tablet or any other USB powered device.

Stay safe, fly drones!

2020-4-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Air 2 is supposed to be coming out. but very unlikely any thing from the M2P will work on the new drone
2020-4-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 4-27 12:33
Air 2 is supposed to be coming out. but very unlikely any thing from the M2P will work on the new drone

yeah, that's what I heard. Air is a good drone, but not suitable for my purposes, I need a better camera. A2 has 1/2" sensor, M2P has 1". Makes a huge difference in twilight times.
2020-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Becareful not to drain them too much,  taking them below 20% could damage the batteries.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Good to know your concerns have been solved, stay safe.
2020-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good question.
It should be, since I doubt a lot of EU users will invest in a 'non CE C1 compliant drone'.
2020-4-28
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:22
Becareful not to drain them too much,  taking them below 20% could damage the batteries.

So, what's the best "storage" charge level?
2020-4-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2 is no joke though.  The quality is amazing but if you are doing photos on the move then the P4PV2.0 is the better option.

M2 is incredibly reliable and proven to be time and time again.  This is what you want when flying any drone and even a drone doing commercial work.  I've made a bunch of money using it for jobs and it never failed me once.. well I mean the other drone I had before I RMAed gets a cut-out worse than the M2Z.  Sent it in because the gimbal horizon wasn't leveled when sliding one direction.  The new one they sent does the same or better than the M2Z.

You can try with an alternative option such as the new Autel but we don't even know if those are reliable.  If you get identical results from either and they cost the same price then you really have lost out on nothing but if you buy an Autel II and somehow it malfunctions and they don't honor a replacement then that is that.

I used to have DJI careplans on all my drones but because the system wasn't clear about tacking on a DJI Care coupon with my DJI Select Program I just didn't bother having it.  Now that it is time to refresh all the careplans as I've bought many from last year, I've opted to not refresh them.  When you get good at flying these things your confidence goes up, but up so much that you end up flying over open water or places that if something were to go wrong, you aren't getting it back.  Unless you have tons of money that you can get the highest insurance coverage for everything, then get it but if you are trying to save money then insuring something that is indeed proven to be reliable, you don't need any insurance.  The only thing is to look out for the 6 month warranty that if you see any defects to send it in to DJI and they will take care of it.  I had to send back the DJI RE Goggles.   You want everything to work.  It doesn't matter if it isn't too perfect but just perfect enough that it doesn't cause other problems such as it being lost and worse.  You want to be able to fly anywhere in the air w/ confidence as long as it's not a tornado or where a lot of precipitation exists.

The M2P is a great night drone, but not as great as the X7 or X5 due to the sensor size but those cost a lot more as you need either an Inspire 2 or and Inspire 1 to have a bigger sensor.
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 4-28 06:04
So, what's the best "storage" charge level?

About 50%,  The batteries will auto discharge to this level.
2020-4-29
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-28 22:16
M2 is no joke though.  The quality is amazing but if you are doing photos on the move then the P4PV2.0 is the better option.

M2 is incredibly reliable and proven to be time and time again.  This is what you want when flying any drone and even a drone doing commercial work.  I've made a bunch of money using it for jobs and it never failed me once.. well I mean the other drone I had before I RMAed gets a cut-out worse than the M2Z.  Sent it in because the gimbal horizon wasn't leveled when sliding one direction.  The new one they sent does the same or better than the M2Z.

Great info, thank you very much!
Yeah, Inspire and Xx are out of my price range and too much of a device for me.
I guess I simply need a new set of batteries.
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules