Mavic Mini ( MM ) Logs, FW update and Radio signal Losts...
2312 11 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203520 ft
Portugal

Greatings from Portugal !

On my last flight ( 23/04 ) and after the last update ( V01.00.0500 ), I received a message to repositioning my Antennas, but the bird was really close, analising the data, I can see a lot of losses in the radio signal.

That happened in two different locations , the first one in the left hand side of a bridge and the other on the right hand side... It's a concrete bridge...

Another IMPORTANT and very DISTURBING thing is that in BOTH flights in the .DAT file I can see all the up's and downs of the radio signal but on the .Txt files radio is always 100% even when I received a message to repositioning my antenna on log 063.txt ( weak signal Code: 80016) quite strange that difference between the logs.

PLEASE see how different both logs are related to “radio” signal…  

PLEASE use the HD flight player to better see the diferences…

1 - Any idea about that huge lack of radio signal whit the bird flying so close ( even at 1mt away!!! ) ???

2 - In which Log can whe relie on ???

3 - Is this a major issue with this NEW FW UPDATE ???

Yes, I updated Both MM and controller, and I recalibrated it...

Hope to get some answears for this problem...

Thank's in advance

Log TxT 064 :

Log DAT 063 :

Log DAT 064 :

2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Have you tried flying it in an open field free of interference? That is the only way to really gauge if your radio is working properly.
2020-4-27
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Portugal

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 14:26
Have you tried flying it in an open field free of interference? That is the only way to really gauge if your radio is working properly.

I'm going to do it tomorrow ( if weather permits ), but that location is used a lot by the Drone community of Lisbon so I think it will be free of interferences...
2020-4-27
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Of course the .txt file is being given an estimate calculated (probably) by the Fly App. It usually stays at 100% until the very end where it drops abruptly.

I don't like this kind of behaviour but I kind of understand it, many cars for example do the same with needle gauge indicators, water for instance becomes stuck at 90°C from (about) 85 to 106°C.
2020-4-27
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Portugal

m80116 Posted at 4-27 15:53
Of course the .txt file is being given an estimate calculated (probably) by the Fly App. It usually stays at 100% until the very end where it drops abruptly.

I don't like this kind of behaviour but I kind of understand it, many cars for example do the same with needle gauge indicators, water for instance becomes stuck at 90°C from (about) 85 to 106°C.

But that's the main issue and concern... according to the TxT Log I still have 100% of radio signal when I receive this warning, see below:

05m 56.2s        Tripod        16        142.7ft        39.7ft        0mph        119.9ft        71%        7.57V        3.786V        3.781V        N/A        0        100%        Sinal fraco. Certifique-se de que o controle remoto esteja voltado para a aeronave(Code: 80016)
(weak signal. Make shure the RC is pointing to Aircarft ( code:80016 )

2020-4-27
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Portugal

Yesterday I Updated AGAIN both MM + RC + 3 Batteries ( one at the time in the MM, made the "refresh" to all ) with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic , today went to that same spot with the same kind of results ( pointless to post them again ).

Tomorrow I will try to go to the outskirts of Sintra, probably a remote cliff or beach and I'm going to recalibrate everithing again and try to fly, later during the afternoon I will update this thread.

I bought this MM on the day before the Portuguese governement declare the state of emergencie, probably I will SELL it before this confination ends... That's how much I'm disapointed ...
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

PauloACSilva Posted at 4-28 06:02
Yesterday I Updated AGAIN both MM + RC + 3 Batteries ( one at the time in the MM, made the "refresh" to all ) with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic , today went to that same spot with the same kind of results ( pointless to post them again ).

Tomorrow I will try to go to the outskirts of Sintra, probably a remote cliff or beach and I'm going to recalibrate everithing again and try to fly, later during the afternoon I will update this thread.

I haven't seen much regarding range and firmware updates etc. Obviously the mini has range, you see people flying all over. You either have interference or a defective unit. After you test it in the open and it still fails to deliver, I would open a ticket.
2020-4-28
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Portugal

Deucalion Posted at 4-28 06:07
I haven't seen much regarding range and firmware updates etc. Obviously the mini has range, you see people flying all over. You either have interference or a defective unit. After you test it in the open and it still fails to deliver, I would open a ticket.

It´s really a shame for such an expensive "toy" that have so many troubles worldwide...
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

PauloACSilva Posted at 4-28 06:24
It´s really a shame for such an expensive "toy" that have so many troubles worldwide...

How was it flying before you flew it on the bridge?
2020-4-28
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Portugal

Deucalion Posted at 4-28 06:38
How was it flying before you flew it on the bridge?

Honestly I don't know, never paid attencion to .DAT logs, only to .TXT and those looked always "normal" with one or two warnings , when I started to read the .DAT files I realize all the problems with the lack of radio signal..
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

PauloACSilva Posted at 4-28 06:49
Honestly I don't know, never paid attencion to .DAT logs, only to .TXT and those looked always "normal" with one or two warnings , when I started to read the .DAT files I realize all the problems with the lack of radio signal..

The reason I asked was were you happy with the range before, until you flew it from the bridge?
2020-4-28
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Portugal

Deucalion Posted at 4-28 10:53
The reason I asked was were you happy with the range before, until you flew it from the bridge?

Never went to the limits or flew for many time, first because it's my first Drone, second because of the emergency state of the Nation, never have time for that, basically I have flew indoors and once or twice out but never far away from where i live, also because of the winds I have never took it over 30Mts hight, so on that specific day the weather was totaly perfect, also I use the UAV Forecast set for winds of 20Kmh on 50Mts hight, Rain on 30%, Visibility 5Km, Min Sats 9, Máx Kp 3... And on that day, just like today during the morning all parameters where great to fly...
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules