What do you love most about new DJI Mavic Air 2?
2432 26 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

BIG POLL – What do you love most about new DJI Mavic Air 2? You can only select 4 options!

I am anxious to hear your answer!

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 4 entry optional ), Total 76 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-4-27
Use props
peter_vercauterentelenet.be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4646713 ft
Belgium

Can someone tell me if the MA2 has airsense (ads-b)or not? It is not really clear for me because there is nothing mentioned about it.
Thx
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 4-27 22:25
Can someone tell me if the MA2 has airsense (ads-b)or not? It is not really clear for me because there is nothing mentioned about it.
Thx

Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. Currently, we are working hard on promoting the  AirSense technology globally.
2020-4-27
Use props
peter_vercauterentelenet.be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4646713 ft
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 23:43
Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. Currently, we are working hard on promoting the  AirSense technology globally.

Thank u. I live in Belgium so ordering a MA2 is probably to soon to have it equipped with airsense. At work I fly the M210V2 and I must say the technology is great.
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The flight time is indeed impressive.
2020-4-28
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. Currently, we are working hard on promoting the  AirSense technology globally.

Don't understand why this is not available, the current Mavic Enterprise has AirSense in Europe, so what's the issue?

If its hardware then any Mavic Air 2 units supplied into Europe won't be upgradable!
2020-4-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 4-28 03:15
Don't understand why this is not available, the current Mavic Enterprise has AirSense in Europe, so what's the issue?

If its hardware then any Mavic Air 2 units supplied into Europe won't be upgradable!

Correct

It was supply chain issues with the hardware because of Corona Virus.
2020-4-28
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

[4] Due to supply chain shortages related to the coronavirus pandemic, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. A version of Mavic Air 2 will be available outside of North America without ADS-B. The two models are identical in all other aspects such as flight and imaging performance.
2020-4-28
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

None of the above...
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. Currently, we are working hard on promoting the  AirSense technology globally.

Seems there is a problem posting a thread to Mavic Air2 forum for some reason, every time try to submit it keeps saying no theme selected, but it’s wrong. Just reporting.
2020-4-28
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

It is basically nearly everything the Zoom is, minus the zoom feature.
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Gregg F Posted at 4-28 09:55

I think it’s even more than that. Bigger sensor, 4k60, slomo 240, hdr video, next generation autonomous functions, slightly better transmission and battery life... i’m pretty impressed, to be honest
2020-4-28
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks much better especially the inward bevel on the top.  Looks more aerodynamic.
2020-4-28
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 4-28 12:45
I think it’s even more than that. Bigger sensor, 4k60, slomo 240, hdr video, next generation autonomous functions, slightly better transmission and battery life... i’m pretty impressed, to be honest

Yeah, and I just spent $1500 on a Zoom and an extra battery last month...
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 4-28 06:01
Seems there is a problem posting a thread to Mavic Air2 forum for some reason, every time try to submit it keeps saying no theme selected, but it’s wrong. Just reporting.

Thanks for your feedback, there seems a system glitch, you should be able to post now, please have a try.
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gregg F Posted at 4-28 09:55

I sold my zoom waiting for delivery of this new Air.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_2EvoDvAcN5yJ
New

Portugal

Just wondering, if I do buy the Air 2 right now, in Europe, will I then later receive a replacement with Airsense ADS-B for free?
2020-4-30
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

From whatI have seen so far it looks a pretty good deal.
1. Less than I paid for my Mavic Air fly more combo
2. Ocusync 2.0
3. Longer flight time
Only thing I’ve seen so far that  may put me off is that the controller will not hold an iPad mini.
2020-4-30
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Everything everything everything
2020-4-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ShermanFlyer Posted at 4-30 06:52
From whatI have seen so far it looks a pretty good deal.
1. Less than I paid for my Mavic Air fly more combo
2. Ocusync 2.0

I think with all the old mounts it will be ok for iPad ie mav mount polar pro etc.
2020-5-4
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 00:21
I sold my zoom waiting for delivery of this new Air.

Hi HM, Just curious why sell the Zoom and not the Mavic Air?

BTW thanks for the nic, decided to keep it

Pil.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhantomPil Posted at 5-4 10:59
Hi HM, Just curious why sell the Zoom and not the Mavic Air?

BTW thanks for the nic, decided to keep it

Well I would have sold the Air as well, but because it looks like it might be last design like this I thought I’ll keep it. I loved the styling of it and was disappointed they didn’t improve on it. Selling the Zoom, I thought I would use the zoom more, but it didn’t work out and the few times I actually used its best feature I didn’t see any real benefit. I travel a lot with small Air1 but flying in strange places with WiFi can be sketchy and noise can cause a bit of embarrassment. So just decided to sell the zoom. I usually sell all my gear to MPB in London , they’re open still as most business is done online, they’re paying €1050 for excellent condition M2Z , so this paid for the MA2 which I hope to use for travel, but can’t see to much happening for the rest of this year, but good time to travel at home .
2020-5-4
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 11:52
Well I would have sold the Air as well, but because it looks like it might be last design like this I thought I’ll keep it. I loved the styling of it and was disappointed they didn’t improve on it. Selling the Zoom, I thought I would use the zoom more, but it didn’t work out and the few times I actually used its best feature I didn’t see any real benefit. I travel a lot with small Air1 but flying in strange places with WiFi can be sketchy and noise can cause a bit of embarrassment. So just decided to sell the zoom. I usually sell all my gear to MPB in London , they’re open still as most business is done online, they’re paying €1050 for excellent condition M2Z , so this paid for the MA2 which I hope to use for travel, but can’t see to much happening for the rest of this year, but good time to travel at home .

Yeah I get it. I have one on order, things swayed it for me

lower noise -
stability -
compatible with SC - should get SC firmware by time of MA2 shipping
travel & portability - the ultimate travel drone?

not going to get into video/photo quality debates, but is good enough for my holiday snaps :-)

Pil.
2020-5-4
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

Occusync and long range. The range on the mini sucked
2020-5-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 4-27 22:25
Thx

In the United States/North America it does almost all the other models sold else where do not.  

The reasoning is the United is aggressively implementing all manned aircraft to have ADS-B Out/Air Sense.  All commercial aircraft are required to have it and according to the FAA over half of private/small/personal aircraft have already been equipped.  Certain regions require ADS-B when entering the airspace.  Often theses are in urban areas.

While in Europe the mandate for ADS-B Out for commercial aircraft has been extended 3 years.  And most existing smaller aircraft do not have it and no mandatory implementation date has been set.

ADS-B is only useful if the aircraft in the area are equipped with it.  Smaller manned aircraft and helicopters are by far a greater danger than commercial aircraft.  Therefore, it is not include in other models except the United States.  
2020-12-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I feel like the power of the Mavic Air 2 is the feature that truly separates it from the Mini 2.  Wind is less of an issue.  The battery to weight and power usage ratio allow more distance to be covered given the higher speed allowing pilots a greater range on a single battery.  I think the Mavic Air 2 is the Swiss Army knife of drones, capable and feature rich without too many setting for non-professional use.
2020-12-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

For me, it's the balanced props. They also track very well, so there's very little vibration in the aircraft. I may have just gotten lucky with the particular 4 props I have on mine, but mistracking props were the bane of my existence with my Mavic Pro I and my Phantom 4. The shaking was so bad on the Phantom, all 4 of the arms got stress cracks on the underneath. No matter how many different sets of props I tried... My Mavic Pro I, which I still have, is useless for video because all the props I have for it just shake it to pieces too.

My MA2, OTOH, is virtually vibe free in the hover, and very quiet at full speed in sport mode, with no detectable jello in the video like my MP I. The props are really nice on this machine.

I think the video downlink is better too, but I only had the first flight today and just using an iPhone 6s. After the basic inflight checks, it was right stick pinned forward in sport mode for 2 full battery packs, like I usually do, back and forth down the field at absolutely full speed to see if anything was going to come off or malfunction. That reduces the flight time to about 10 or so minutes, but it sure is a thrill and is a good stress test too. So far, it's great.

L
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules