What do you find most worst about new DJI Mavic Air 2?
1234Next >
9365 137 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

BIG POLLWhat do you find most worst about new DJI Mavic Air 2? You can only select 2 options!

I am anxious to hear your answer!
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 187 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-4-27
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I think it is so big, especially with the new controller, it should not have been called "Air" any more.
2020-4-27
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

No Support for the DJI Goggles got to be kidding me
2020-4-27
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Honestly this is just a supped up MM and a downgrade on the Mavic2, I would rather buy the Mavic2 and keep my MM to do the day to day requirements - Will just wait for the price to come down
2020-4-27
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

From my perceptive on fast review of the specs etc:

-not true 48mpix, its basically 12mpix sensor with x4 bayer filer in front (but seems everybody play this game this days), dji at least mentioned this
-not having d-log for video
-not compliant with new eu certificates (at least i didn't see mentioning this anywhere), but again seems non of the new drones on the market are willing to pay this attention..
-side avoidance sensors wouldn't hurt.

Personally, i like controller design, they should start with this from beginning. Only what i would add i s true clamp design, so you can fold whole thing with phone/screen attached. I'ts really basic design idea, that should be standard (and it is)
2020-4-27
Use props
monstermac77
lvl.2
United States

For sure, the lack of DJI Goggles support is disappointing, but I think there is a decent chance this will be added with an update to the DJI Fly app.
2020-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lack of Airsense is a big disappointment.
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too big and heavy in my opinion. If I have to register this drone I may as well wait for the Mavic 3. Only possible advantage I see once we have a Mavic 3 is lower cost.
2020-4-28
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I'm waiting until dji ships out batteries for my MM. Not going for the hype!! Also, let's see how this MA2 flies and what the fly app looks like. Sure as he'll not going to be a beta tester for dji. It would also be nice to see what MD it supports
2020-4-28
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Wow.  I am very surprised to see the Mavic Air 2 lacking certain features that attracted people to the original.  I was only looking at the 4K/60fps.
2020-4-28
Use props
zeroing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1847 ft
France

- DJI Ifly? So no sensitivity settings for a smooth cinematic move like DJI go4....
- Not even a word for european certification. Who buy a drone that not match new regulation in january 2021? (or with so much restriction of use).
- Price : 849 euros / 799 dollars...Learn exchange rate DJI.
2020-4-28
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lack of ADS-B for Europe is a real miss. With the forthcoming CAA/EASA regs there's not much point in buying it. Hopefully, with the UK CAA delaying the new regs by 4 months due to the virus, DJI will have caught up and the units supplied to Europe will have ADS-B
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

zeroing Posted at 4-28 04:52

learn market size and local competition I'm in the same boat as you but this is not specific to DJI. Look at Apple products, cars, you name it. It is what it is
Not making the non-ADS-B version cheaper, now *that*'s lame.
2020-4-28
Use props
zeroing
lvl.2
France

It's could be a good explanation point, but the mini is 399$ / 399€, seems more fair.
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

the Mini doesn't have the Skydio 2 to fight in the US
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-28 07:07
learn market size and local competition  I'm in the same boat as you but this is not specific to DJI. Look at Apple products, cars, you name it. It is what it is
Not making the non-ADS-B version cheaper, now *that*'s lame.

I think you’ll find after taxes it is cheaper, you need to go back to when trump put tariffs on Chinese goods Dji drones and accessories were more expensive than European goods , now tariffs are higher in EU which carry higher taxes on goods from China than the US. Up to trump applying tariffs dji drones were a minimum of €100/150 cheaper than in Europe. So in reflection Mavic air should be €100 more expensive than US version but is only €50 the same will apply to Australia where dji drones are a lot more expensive than both EU and US . There is no drone out there that is better bang for your buck than mavic Air2.
Considering it’s the same price as orignal Mavic air, but has Ocysync almost twice the battery time 4K 60fps 1080 240fps and so much more, I’m surprised people will whine because it doesn’t have ADS-B, I mean how many drone crashes have you ever seen how many times have you failed to see a manned aircraft in the sky, considering on most days you could spot a helicopter 10 miles away, I wonder what people would actually do with ADS-B stare at it while flying only to be disappointed that manned aircraft never showed up in your radar.
Most light manned aircraft dont use ADS-B I wonder why.
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Droneflier Posted at 4-27 20:14
No Support for the DJI Goggles got to be kidding me

I think you’ll find it will support goggles didn’t Mavic air .
2020-4-28
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How can it possibly have a 10K range if it is using the same ocusync 2?
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Visual Air Posted at 4-28 08:22

Probably an improved version
2020-4-28
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

None of the above.
2020-4-28
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quad bayer Filter!
2020-4-28
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

To me the the Fly app is a killer, I will not use it. I use my CS with DjiGo4 on it because I just can't operate with a smart phone screen. Either CS or Smart Controller or I'm just not gonna do it.
2020-4-28
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-28 08:09
I think you’ll find after taxes it is cheaper, you need to go back to when trump put tariffs on Chinese goods Dji drones and accessories were more expensive than European goods , now tariffs are higher in EU which carry higher taxes on goods from China than the US. Up to trump applying tariffs dji drones were a minimum of €100/150 cheaper than in Europe. So in reflection Mavic air should be €100 more expensive than US version but is only €50 the same will apply to Australia where dji drones are a lot more expensive than both EU and US . There is no drone out there that is better bang for your buck than mavic Air2.
Considering it’s the same price as orignal Mavic air, but has Ocysync almost twice the battery time 4K 60fps 1080 240fps and so much more, I’m surprised people will whine because it doesn’t have ADS-B, I mean how many drone crashes have you ever seen how many times have you failed to see a manned aircraft in the sky, considering on most days you could spot a helicopter 10 miles away, I wonder what people would actually do with ADS-B stare at it while flying only to be disappointed that manned aircraft never showed up in your radar.
Most light manned aircraft dont use ADS-B I wonder why.

Actually I use it on my smart phone and almost never fly without aircraft showing up. All helicopters are using it, and I see them constantly. The Air 2 is just not a good product, cheap controller with no backup display, and the Air app just makes the whole thing just a toy.
2020-4-28
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

it's been out a day & already there's a moan-fest..    Seriously!
2020-4-28
Use props
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

PhasedSpaces Posted at 4-28 12:39
it's been out a day & already there's a moan-fest..    Seriously!

Maybe you're the only one who moans
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CrashampBurn Posted at 4-28 12:27
Actually I use it on my smart phone and almost never fly without aircraft showing up. All helicopters are using it, and I see them constantly. The Air 2 is just not a good product, cheap controller with no backup display, and the Air app just makes the whole thing just a toy.

I think it’s a lot more of a drone than your Mavic pro or your platinum, not sure how you know RC is cheap just going on those who have it in their hands it seems like they are impressed, obviously it’s no an M2P but I would say it’s more than a match for zoom and 500 quid cheaper, and as someone who owns all those drones I’ve mentioned including Mavic air which was and still is an exceptional drone, this drone and the price is a no brainer.
2020-4-28
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Anita_Holder Posted at 4-28 12:43
Maybe you're the only one who moans

LOLOL    -   Nah, this thread beat me to it!  Anyway, just yanking your leg...  :-)

2020-4-28
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:05
Lack of Airsense is a big disappointment.

airsense is avialiable in u.s. region i think. at least how it was presented on some review videos i've seen on youtube.
2020-4-28
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

No sense drone and last but not the least the death of the Mavic Air an advanced pioneer in the drones world.
RIP
2020-4-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Visual Air Posted at 4-28 08:22

Probably something to do with the controller which is almost as big as the smart controller although it does not have a screen ...
2020-4-28
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Definitely they need to use smartphones size battery ;)))   Air 2 is too big, too heavy and too fat. Plus huge controller. Should change name from Air to Brick, Stone, Earth or similar.

Propably i turn back to Air 1.  Still waiting for Spark succesor - hand gestures and smartphone as controller. I mean simple holiday drone - easy to use, quiet, lightweight with great cam.
Holiday drone  ( panorama, quick selfie, some quick shots and movie with good quality ). Not need 10 km ( in fact the law in many countries say about 100m ) , 8k hyperlapse, 64k/h speed, more sensors etc...  

Spark 2 with foldable arms and 4k / 60 / 120 bit  is enough.

Btw are there gestures and smarthphone control on Air 2 ?
2020-4-28
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

They should call it now the Mavic Brick! ...who has desiged that stupid controller? ...a lot of us will have to charge it only once until the Mavic AIR 3 will arive ...and the best thing is this controller is soooo big but there was no space for a pause-button ...A button that saves your drone from crashing nearly every day.
2020-4-28
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

zeroing Posted at 4-28 04:52
- DJI Ifly? So no sensitivity settings for a smooth cinematic move like DJI go4....
- Not even a word for european certification. Who buy a drone that not match new regulation in january 2021? (or with so much restriction of use).

Hi, Zeroing. Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.

1) Currently, DJI FLY does not suppot to adjust sensitivity. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

2) Mavic Air 2 does bear CE marking. And it matches the new regulation of EASA. The max transmission distance is 6km under CE standard. Please rest assured to use it in compliance with local regulations. Thank you for your understanding and support.

3) Due to the difference in product supply channels as well as exchange rates and tariffs incurred in different regions, the prices of the products in different regions will vary slightly. You may refer to the price information given on the DJI official website of your current region.

https://store.dji.com/fr/product/mavic-air-2?vid=91071
2020-4-28
Use props
bluebubble
lvl.2

Hong Kong

patfish Posted at 4-28 14:49
They should call it now the Mavic Brick! ...who has desiged that stupid controller? ...a lot of us will have to charge it only once until the Mavic AIR 3 will arive  ...and the best thing is this controller is soooo big but there was no space for a pause-button  ...A button that saves your drone from crashing nearly every day.

They merged the Flight Pause Button and RTH button. I checked the user manual (chinese version, hope versions for other countries can be update soon). Press short to make the aircraft brake and hover in place (only when GPS or Vision system are available. ) Press and hold the button to initiate RTH. Press again to cancel RTH.
2020-4-28
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

bluebubble Posted at 4-28 20:01
They merged the Flight Pause Button and RTH button. I checked the user manual (chinese version, hope versions for other countries can be update soon). Press short to make the aircraft brake and hover in place (only when GPS or Vision system are available. ) Press and hold the button to initiate RTH. Press again to cancel RTH.
[view_image]

that's good to know! ...thx!
2020-4-28
Use props
zeroing
lvl.2
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 18:46
Hi, Zeroing. Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.     1) Currently, DJI FLY does not suppot to adjust sensitivity. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.     2) Mavic Air 2 does bear CE marking. And it matches the new regulation of EASA. The max transmission distance is 6km under CE standard. Please rest assured to use it in compliance with local regulations. Thank you for your understanding and support.     3) Due to the difference in product supply channels as well as exchange rates and tariffs incurred in different regions, the prices of the products in different regions will vary slightly. You may refer to the price information given on the DJI official website of your current region.
https://store.dji.com/fr/product/mavic-air-2?vid=91071

Thanks for your answer.
2020-4-28
Use props
LT.MAVERICK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45830 ft
Belgium

Gelert Posted at 4-28 06:26
Lack of ADS-B for Europe is a real miss. With the forthcoming CAA/EASA regs there's not much point in buying it. Hopefully, with the UK CAA delaying the new regs by 4 months due to the virus, DJI will have caught up and the units supplied to Europe will have ADS-B

With the rules being delayed, I believe it just wasn't a priority for this release. On the other hand, why release it now? Most people are home in lockdown. You're not allowed to fly anyway. No point on buying one if you wanted to take it on your next trip abroad. Airlines are not operating.

Saw some reviewers on YT flying it in their living room or garden. Looked so silly to me.
2020-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

izotop Posted at 4-28 13:17
airsense is avialiable in u.s. region i think. at least how it was presented on some review videos i've seen on youtube.

Yes, USA only due to supply chain issues.
2020-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LT.MAVERICK Posted at 4-29 00:10
With the rules being delayed, I believe it just wasn't a priority for this release. On the other hand, why release it now? Most people are home in lockdown. You're not allowed to fly anyway. No point on buying one if you wanted to take it on your next trip abroad. Airlines are not operating.

Saw some reviewers on YT flying it in their living room or garden. Looked so silly to me.

Just because its not a regulation doesn't mean its not a really good feature to have,
2020-4-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules