What do you find most worst about new DJI Mavic Air 2?
1234Next >
9368 137 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

haloXG_Sr Posted at 5-2 01:53
849 euro includes VAT (20% TVA in France), 799 dollars doesn't include sales tax, so that need to be added to get final price in dollars.
Sure that sale tax is much lower in every states than VAT in europe, but DJI cannot influence on that, except subsidiary price for european customers.

Sales taxes in the US is 0 to 10%, so converted price in euro including taxes is 730 to 800 euros
2020-5-4
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 05:50
11mph is fine for pilots who are competent in their flying. I understand you’re obviously new to this but give it time you’ll get the hang of it ;+):::: what craft do you fly .

lol i been flying since p3 kid, your dumb. im just not a forum troll like you. I probably have thousands more hours and exp than you.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Whoreable Posted at 5-4 11:41
lol i been flying since p3 kid, your dumb. im just not a forum troll like you. I probably have thousands more hours and exp than you.

Well at least you’re very fond of yourself. Good job....
2020-5-4
Use props
Mitch_111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

No waypoints and no goggles.  Make SDK available to Litchi ASAP.
2020-5-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mitch_111 Posted at 5-5 11:26
No waypoints and no goggles.  Make SDK available to Litchi ASAP.

Do you think they should make SDK available before they release the drone, might not be a good idea.
2020-5-5
Use props
Mitch_111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-5 14:57
Do you think they should make SDK available before they release the drone, might not be a good idea.

Didn’t intend to indicate they should make SDK available before the drone is released.  I would like it released ASAP thereafter so I can use Litchi/waypoints.
2020-5-5
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

The lack of certification and AirSense in EU. In my case, this is a Showstopper.
2020-5-6
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Grammar?  Lol...man, why focus on the negatives...let's get it in our hands first and then figure out what could be better.  
2020-5-6
Use props
SnapMonkey
lvl.2
United States

None, except Goggle support.
2020-5-7
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42359 ft
Costa Rica

IMO the app... DJi Fly is fine... but not as complete as DJI Go 4.. at least at this time.
2020-5-9
Use props
Taegha
lvl.1

United States

I'm hoping this is fixed in an update, but the Fly App currently DOES NOT offer the following for the Mavic Air 2 (at least for mine): Gimbal movement controls & Camera settings such as Sharpness, Contrast, etc.
2020-5-10
Use props
Taegha
lvl.1

United States

Other than that, nothing. This drone is fantastic. It is absolutely superior to the Air 1 and even more so to the Mini. Crisp HD transmission, super pleasant prop noise, Amazing maneuverability, Excellent wind handling, awesome Sony IMX586 1/2" censor that captures really good 48MP with the Quad Bayer setup. I actually have it in my hands and have been using it, so don't come at me with your opinions based on nothing.
2020-5-10
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Taegha Posted at 5-10 04:16
I'm hoping this is fixed in an update, but the Fly App currently DOES NOT offer the following for the Mavic Air 2 (at least for mine): Gimbal movement controls & Camera settings such as Sharpness, Contrast, etc.

What do you mean by gimbal movement controls?
2020-5-10
Use props
wischmi2
New

United States

I just took my air 2 out for it’s first flight and was totally disappointed with the range.  I have a phantom 3 advanced and I don’t get any farther away with the manic air 2.  How is that possible?  I expected to be able to fly much farther away.  Do I have something setup wrong?
2020-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

wischmi2 Posted at 5-12 18:25
I just took my air 2 out for it’s first flight and was totally disappointed with the range.  I have a phantom 3 advanced and I don’t get any farther away with the manic air 2.  How is that possible?  I expected to be able to fly much farther away.  Do I have something setup wrong?

The range you will get will not be any different to that of the P3A, just because it is a newer design does not mean the range will be better. It is still limited by the FCC rules regarding radio transmission.
2020-5-12
Use props
matthmu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98346 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I really love the new controller and I like the minimal grey design of the drone.

But WHERE the hell is the cinematic mode ???
(I do not mean the tripod-mode or cinelike-d color profile)I'm looking for cinematic mode like the Mavic Pro 1/2...
2020-5-12
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

it most definitely works further than the P3A, I've seen range tests online reaching 11km. That being said, depending on where you're flying it, you might not see a difference. If you're losing signal for instance after 1km because you lo longer have a direct line of sight between the drone and the controller, than you won't get better range from the MA2
2020-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it’s most likely set up and environment that’s the reason people don’t see optimum radio and video signal. MA2 has a stronger signal range than your older MA3 and if it doesn’t you need to check your set up and environment. If it still has less signal in both video and radio you could have a problem.
2020-5-13
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

The worst about new DJI Mavic Air 2 is that it isn't mine yet.
2020-5-13
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

2 weeks after pre-ordering it (and still not having it), the worst thing about the MA2 is that every single damn day a new issue pops up on the internet, a new limitation is discovered, a new missing feature and so on. I went from “omg, 8K hyperlapse?! 4K60?! HDR video?!?!” to “so no decent hyperlapse modes, no tracking modes with 60fps (despite DJI’s presentation video suggesting it), no freakin’ gimbal settings like even the Mini has, no Ads-B for Europe, no CE certification, 1080p-only for quickshots” and so on.... i really hope firmware updates are gonna be rolling in soon because these either feel like a massive crippling of the MA2 to prevent it from really competing with the M2 series or (hopefully) like a really rushed release of an unfinished product...
2020-5-13
Use props
Mk5_GTi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260266 ft
United States

I too feel like the range is markedly worse than my original Mavic even though it should be more.  I was on the side of a mountain with direct line of sight and not a single house, tree, or anything that should block the signal and it managed less than two miles before signal was completely lost. Places in my neighborhood that I easily flew with my original Mavic......Nope, not with the MA2.
2020-5-13
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Advanced Gimbal settings is my biggest gripe... I haven't gotten past that..  People suggest that  i go and enjoy it until the fix that. Who knows if it will be fixed? I think to just return the unit and wait a couple of months until everything is fixed and Smart Controller compatibility is included.. An $800 drone with no way to adjust the speed of the gimbal? This have been available on all their drones.. why leave this out? Rush to market?
2020-5-13
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear ya.  
2020-5-13
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Taegha Posted at 5-10 04:16

I AGREE; No advanced Gimbal Controls...
2020-5-13
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 5-13 13:34
2 weeks after pre-ordering it (and still not having it), the worst thing about the MA2 is that every single damn day a new issue pops up on the internet, a new limitation is discovered, a new missing feature and so on. I went from “omg, 8K hyperlapse?! 4K60?! HDR video?!?!” to “so no decent hyperlapse modes, no tracking modes with 60fps (despite DJI’s presentation video suggesting it), no freakin’ gimbal settings like even the Mini has, no Ads-B for Europe, no CE certification” and so on.... i really hope firmware updates are gonna be rolling in soon because these either feel like a massive crippling of the MA2 to prevent it from really competing with the M2 series or (hopefully) like a really rushed release of an unfinished product...

I'm thinking of returning mine and waiting till the updates roll out and it's a complete product release.  I've preordered cameras  and have had to wait 2-3 months for it to be released and shipped. When I get it in my hands there are hardly any complaints... they would live up to their claims and work as their predecessors did.
I could have bought a lens instead,,, Disappointed? yes.
2020-5-13
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

So far:
No EXP settings
No Gimbal settings
No camera settings
No goggle support
Only 1 IMU
Distance not living up to specs
2020-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-13 16:56
I'm thinking of returning mine and waiting till the updates roll out and it's a complete product release.  I've preordered cameras  and have had to wait 2-3 months for it to be released and shipped. When I get it in my hands there are hardly any complaints... they would live up to their claims and work as their predecessors did.
I could have bought a lens instead,,, Disappointed? yes.

I think we will see update soon for gimbal settings and stick Exp sensitivity and 4k quickshots. It seems those who have it are still using it well, it always takes sometime even with Cameras for problems to get ironed out.
I have an Xt 4 arriving today ordered February and I know it still has teething problems, but I will own it for the guts of 3 years. It’s just the way tech is these days.
2020-5-13
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

I've decided to postpone my purchase until gimbal smoothness and stick sensitivity adjustments are available.  Also the Quickshots only at 1080p is disappointing,  I'm certain DJI will iron these things out.

Coincidentally, a new Voigtlander 60mm f.95 Nokton lens was recently released.  At $1050, I'm tempted.
2020-5-14
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

MARTINEZX Posted at 5-2 14:02
Mini without sensors, without gestures, that fly away?... I hope that you can use Air 2 motors in Air 1... Only sound is interesting in A2 in my opinion. Mavic Mini is a prototype only for quick match 250 g... Build quality is under Spark and Tello, have no sensors, no waypoints, no gestures, no smartphone control and have many problems with fly and gone...

What you think when you hear rumours about Air 2? That you have all things as Air 1 have but more and better. But they cut a lot things and its huge. After few years i expected little bit much miniaturisation, i mean smaller and lighter body,  smaller battery but longer time, smaller sensors but more etc, hand gestures etc. I did not expect big, fat cow with biig, fat controller in 2020.... Of course if this is pizza delivery drone the size is ok... But why is called Air 2?

That's the point!   I was hoping for a smarter AIR the really replace my old one ---> same size, active tracking 3.0, 270° obstical avoidance, better APAS , Gesture control 2.0  ... but still a "Just in case" drone for a backpack to take with you on adventures/traveling.... now we have got a Mavic 2 light with a brick as controller????  I don't understand that concept at all! ...it defiantly doesn't replace the Mavic AIR 1.

Maybe they plan a new product like a "Mavic Action"?... a drone a lot of people are waiting for.

PS: My Mavic AIR 2 did arived in this moment ...the actual weight of the package is sadly not the promising :-/ ... lets see.
2020-5-14
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

matthmu Posted at 5-12 21:37
I really love the new controller and I like the minimal grey design of the drone.

But WHERE the hell is the cinematic mode ???

Tripod-mode is direct on the controller ... but there is no manual option to fine tune your picture (sharpness, contrast, saturation) and no control over the gimbal speed in the flyApp :-/ ...sounds a littel bit like a expensive toy with good specs
2020-5-14
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Ice_2k Posted at 5-10 06:33
What do you mean by gimbal movement controls?

You have no option in the FlyApp to adjust your gimbal speed! ... its default speed is way too fast for cinematic shots. Further you have no manual controls over the picture (sharpness, contrast, saturation) anymore. Sadly DJI tends to over sharpen their videos like on cheap smartphones.  - that points alone make a toy out of a good drone.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-13 23:24
I think we will see update soon for gimbal settings and stick Exp sensitivity and 4k quickshots. It seems those who have it are still using it well, it always takes sometime even with Cameras for problems to get ironed out.
I have an Xt 4 arriving today ordered February and I know it still has teething problems, but I will own it for the guts of 3 years. It’s just the way tech is these days.

Hi not true ‘ just the way tech is these days’. You  may accept that, but  most people do not.  
That way the manufacturers do their best to remain the Market leader in their industry. DJI may be losing its footing.  
Future firmware updates? When? It’s  software  that’s available in the lower end drones.

Please don’t attribute this to the pandemic , we are all going  thru issues surrounding the pandemic.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Duck Posted at 5-14 05:55
I've decided to postpone my purchase until gimbal smoothness and stick sensitivity adjustments are available.  Also the Quickshots only at 1080p is disappointing,  I'm certain DJI will iron these things out.

Coincidentally, a new Voigtlander 60mm f.95 Nokton lens was recently released.  At $1050, I'm tempted.

That may be  a wise decision.  
2020-5-14
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

The size did not bother me as much as I expected, and I like how much more sturdy it feels compared to the previous Air. Overall there are little things I could nitpick, most I think will be fixed with software updates, but overall this is a phenomenal drone and exceeded every expectation I had for an Air 2. The one big thing that really bothers me though is the app. The UI and features are a HUGE step down from the DJI GO app. I can understand a simpler app for the Mini, but why would they give us such a huge hardware upgrade and then make us switch to a dumbed down, poor designed app?? If you had the first Air you'll know very well how much of a joke this app is, and the UI is very non intuitive. The buttons are so small and you have to scroll through these tiny popup menus, which isn't obvious, it's just awful. The GO app was very well designed and easy to use. PLEASE DJI make the Air 2 work with the DJI GO app!!!!!
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-14 09:37
Hi not true ‘ just the way tech is these days’. You  may accept that, but  most people do not.  
That way the manufacturers do their best to remain the Market leader in their industry. DJI may be losing its footing.  
Future firmware updates? When? It’s  software  that’s available in the lower end drones.

I don’t accept it , and I do believe updates will come, I think almost 80% market share is pretty much market domination, so I don’t think they’re loosing business. I think when you look at what they’ve just produced with this drone, it’s incredible value and they’re is nothing better out there. We’ve seen updates for M2 mini etc so yes update come .
2020-5-14
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

The Duck Posted at 5-14 05:55
I've decided to postpone my purchase until gimbal smoothness and stick sensitivity adjustments are available.  Also the Quickshots only at 1080p is disappointing,  I'm certain DJI will iron these things out.

Out of the box I find the sensitivity of the controls and gimbal to be perfect, and the tripod mode helps to slow it down. I agree they shouldn't have removed customizations that were in the original AIR, but honestly even if they were there I'd probably leave them as is.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-14 10:11
I don’t accept it , and I do believe updates will come, I think almost 80% market share is pretty much market domination, so I don’t think they’re loosing business. I think when you look at what they’ve just produced with this drone, it’s incredible value and they’re is nothing better out there. We’ve seen updates for M2 mini etc so yes update come .

Hi when do the updates come?  They released a product to market with a beta software or crippled software installed and then tell us to look at the DJI Fly APP  for the Mavic Mini that has the Advanced features . Leading everyone to believe that it would be there in this Mavic Air 2.  I have one, I flew it for  about 2 minutes and now its sitting on a shelf because it's not as advertised!

It would be like Apple releasing a phone where you couldn't adjust the volume of the speaker or adjust the brightness of the display. How would you feel in  that situation? A lot of people would just stop buying Apple products..
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-14 12:04
Hi when do the updates come?  They released a product to market with a beta software or crippled software installed and then tell us to look at the DJI Fly APP  for the Mavic Mini that has the Advanced features . Leading everyone to believe that it would be there in this Mavic Air 2.  I have one, I flew it for  about 2 minutes and now its sitting on a shelf because it's not as advertised!

It would be like Apple releasing a phone where you couldn't adjust the volume of the speaker or adjust the brightness of the display. How would you feel in  that situation? A lot of people would just stop buying Apple products..

Return it, if you’re not happy with it, have the strength of your convictions. I’ve been buying dji drones for a long time, I know exactly how it works. It’s exactly the same with Autel only a lot worse, skydio spent its first month updating FW and the drone is still not right, but that’s American made and if it’s anything like karma it’ll go the same way. You have a M2 you should know how it works.

Cannon Nikon Fuji all these companies introduce FW months and years after release. I could understand a newbie whining but not someone who knows how it works.
I remember Apple at 12 years old, they produced some real sh*t you'll also remember they had just sacked Steve Jobs , bad example Apple , remember iPhone 4 they had to send everyone a case because phone was burning peoples ears.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-14 12:13
Return it, if you’re not happy with it, have the strength of your convictions. I’ve been buying dji drones for a long time, I know exactly how it works. It’s exactly the same with Autel only a lot worse, skydio spent its first month updating FW and the drone is still not right, but that’s American made and if it’s anything like karma it’ll go the same way. You have a M2 you should know how it works.

Cannon Nikon Fuji all these companies introduce FW months and years after release. I could understand a newbie whining but not someone who knows how it works.

Hi I am working on it... ( returning it) .
I do understand that there are bugs to fix, but to point us to a guide  for an app  to fly the darn thing that doesn't even address this particular unit is amazing. Assumptions are made ( and you know what that they say about assumptions.)

I have not had any problems with  any of the Mavic Pro, or the Pro 2 or the original Air ( except the noise level).  Granted I have always not just jumped on the buy wagon on release day, but the lure of Occusync 2 and the noise level and battery life was just too good to pass up...
If  they hadn't  promoted it with the ' ease of use and the silly guide  then I would have waited.

I  really just want others to be aware and maybe raise a big stink so the engineers can get a push on the updates especially before all the people that have ordered it receive it and start complaining.

Not moaning...  but disappointed in a market leader.  All of  my friends say that I love DJI because I had not looked at any other drone..., it wasn't love, it was respect. I hate to use it in the past tense.
Too much time on my hands not going outside.
2020-5-14
Use props
Mr_Frosty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94895 ft
United Kingdom

Worst things I find after a couple of days out with are that you cannot take the battery or SD card out when it's folded up. Same with the cable port not used that yet

Just something that is a bit annoying I guess it helps you remember to put the SD card back in but still.

Other then those it's great stoked with it even without the AirSense it's so worth it
2020-5-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules