What do you find most worst about new DJI Mavic Air 2?
9366 137 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

not a fan of fly app, mavic air 2 should work on go 4 app!
2020-5-14
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

zeroing Posted at 4-28 04:52
- DJI Ifly? So no sensitivity settings for a smooth cinematic move like DJI go4....
- Not even a word for european certification. Who buy a drone that not match new regulation in january 2021? (or with so much restriction of use).
- Price : 849 euros / 799 dollars...Learn exchange rate DJI.

The reasons I don't consider buying MA2 are the lack of EASA classificacion C1 and the lack of Air Sense. The different price can't be justified by different taxes applied in US and EU. For example the Mini is 399 USD in the US and 399€ in the EU and that is barely acceptable but the MA2 difference. And not to mention the lack of Air Sense that would have reduced the cost and therefore the price.
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

amferreira Posted at 5-15 16:21
The reasons I don't consider buying MA2 are the lack of EASA classificacion C1 and the lack of Air Sense. The different price can't be justified by different taxes applied in US and EU. For example the Mini is 399 USD in the US and 399€ in the EU and that is barely acceptable but the MA2 difference. And not to mention the lack of Air Sense that would have reduced the cost and therefore the price.

Again you’re not thinking that through, base price was the same your right, but US were paying heavy tariffs at that time, since then tariffs have been dropped and new deal in place. You would also notice that M2P and Z also more expensive in the US because of tariffs. You should also consider Australia who pay a further 10% on their drones directly due to taxes.

In Europe they’re many countries where vat is not the same UK vat is 3% less than Ireland , Germany less than UK. So dji are forced to come up with a base price for all European countries because if vat was lowest in Greece we’d all buy from Greece because we can.
2020-5-16
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 01:37
Again you’re not thinking that through, base price was the same your right, but US were paying heavy tariffs at that time, since then tariffs have been dropped and new deal in place. You would also notice that M2P and Z also more expensive in the US because of tariffs. You should also consider Australia who pay a further 10% on their drones directly due to taxes.

In Europe they’re many countries where vat is not the same UK vat is 3% less than Ireland , Germany less than UK. So dji are forced to come up with a base price for all European countries because if vat was lowest in Greece we’d all buy from Greece because we can.

Mesmo com a diferença de impostos nunca houve uma tão grande diferença entre US/EU e para além disso o modelo EU tem menos a funcionalidade Air Sense pelo que o custo base devia ser  menor.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

amferreira Posted at 5-16 10:01
Mesmo com a diferença de impostos nunca houve uma tão grande diferença entre US/EU e para além disso o modelo EU tem menos a funcionalidade Air Sense pelo que o custo base devia ser  menor.

Again you have that wrong. Mavic Pro1 €1300 $999 so you can see 4 years ago price difference was 33% and Euro was stronger then than now. Believe me I have followed this for a long time now. I have made many inquiry's about this and it relates to taxes and base price for all of Europe and it’s really that simple.
I don’t know and neither does anyone if ADSB will increase price of drone, I’m sure we will learn later .
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_0MsfnFTPz5hq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44790 ft
France

The range in my suburban neighborhood is limited to approx 700m, clearly not the advertised 10km.
2020-5-16
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 4-30 19:53
Are you kidding? There is no way I am not using it with my tablet and a fully tiltable aftermarket mount. Not spending $1000 and using a tiny phone ;-)

my Air 2 works with my Ipod mini and fully tilting mount, I may have misunderstood but it does work like this.
2020-6-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Somers Posted at 6-5 12:36
my Air 2 works with my Ipod mini and fully tilting mount, I may have misunderstood but it does work like this.

Yes, we are in agreement.
2020-6-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer the GO 4 app - other than that I have found the MA2 to be a great little drone with excellent features. I've owned the Spark, Mavic Air 1, Mavic Pro 1, MP Alpine white, MP Platinum, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 1 V2 - the MA2 is, speaking from personal experience, by far the best bang-for-buck drone out the lot!
2020-6-6
Use props
HazeMon$ter
lvl.2

United States

You don't need different colors...just skin it!  
2020-6-6
Use props
AxxN.RR
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Controller is big...
2020-6-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I really have very little complaints about the Air 2.  The size, weight and power are well balanced to give the performance of a larger drone.  Do I wish the camera was better, sure.  But often when flying the Pro I could not discern any superiority overall.  It seemed more situational.  I personally think the size, speed, power and ability are incredible for a full size drone in such a compact form factor.  Side sensor would be a nice addition.
2020-11-18
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

Not being able to choose jpeg or raw. or choose jpg or jpg + raw
2020-11-18
Use props
fakeusername
New

United States

I can't use the Smart Controller I paid $700 for.
2020-11-19
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fakeusername Posted at 11-19 03:28
I can't use the Smart Controller I paid $700 for.

What speaks against? If you say why it doesn't work for you, maybe we can help you ... Fake News?
2020-11-19
Use props
the-cake-is-a-lie
New

United States

You are correct, wrong forum.
2020-11-19
Use props
Crippled MA2
lvl.1

United States

I wish waypoints was on there.  It claims it supports "hyperlapse waypoints" which are not really settable waypoints.  Bait and switch.  Please fix!!!
2020-11-19
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

1. Not true 48mp camera. Wish i researched this more before buying because I would have just kept my Mavic Pro 1 which was great.
2. No scroll wheel to control Shutter speed! I hate more then anything having to touch the screen to adjust my shutter speed from shot to shot. Why wouldn't they include the 2nd scroll wheel???
3. Not being able to choose ONLY RAW. WTF is this? what a waste of space and I have to manually delete the jpgs or risk taking up uneeded disc space. This is so simple to change it amazes me its not done.
4. HDR mode doesn't work with filters on the lens, at least with ND PL filters. So noisy its unusable
5. The DJI Fly app sucks
6. No Portrait mode. I know the Mavic Pro 2 doesn't do this either but I really miss this option. 7. Just noticed this, maybe there is a setting for this? The Panos now merge themselves into a JPG file. I no longer have a PANORAMA folder containing the RAW and JPGS taken for a pano. So this is bad in 3 ways, my panos are no longer RAW files, I cannot simply delete all jpgs from the folder if I dont need them because ill end up deleting my pano and if the pano is automatically created you have no control if it gets screwed up.

after listing all this I realize I might not like it as much as I thought and probably shouldn't be recommending it to people like I have been. DJI can easily fix most this issues with updates but  we all know how that goes.

2020-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules