What do you find most worst about new DJI Mavic Air 2?
1234Next >
9462 137 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kg4OmQgKwM8E
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 18:46
Hi, Zeroing. Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.     1) Currently, DJI FLY does not suppot to adjust sensitivity. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.     2) Mavic Air 2 does bear CE marking. And it matches the new regulation of EASA. The max transmission distance is 6km under CE standard. Please rest assured to use it in compliance with local regulations. Thank you for your understanding and support.     3) Due to the difference in product supply channels as well as exchange rates and tariffs incurred in different regions, the prices of the products in different regions will vary slightly. You may refer to the price information given on the DJI official website of your current region.
https://store.dji.com/fr/product/mavic-air-2?vid=91071

MA2 does not matches new regulation of EASA. No C1 classification, accordingly no "C1" class identification label  on MA2. Extremely limited use after 1/1/2021.
2020-4-29
Use props
LT.MAVERICK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45830 ft
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 00:27
Just because its not a regulation doesn't mean its not a really good feature to have,

Don't get me wrong, it is a good feature but it just wasn't on their list to implement it in the current timeframe.
2020-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LT.MAVERICK Posted at 4-29 00:45
Don't get me wrong, it is a good feature but it just wasn't on their list to implement it in the current timeframe.

The USA got it,  its a supply issue I think.
2020-4-29
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

zeroing Posted at 4-28 04:52
- DJI Ifly? So no sensitivity settings for a smooth cinematic move like DJI go4....
- Not even a word for european certification. Who buy a drone that not match new regulation in january 2021? (or with so much restriction of use).
- Price : 849 euros / 799 dollars...Learn exchange rate DJI.

And No ADS-B ....
2020-4-29
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 00:25
Yes, USA only due to supply chain issues.

(humor)
Europe did not have supply chain issue to get coronavirus before US.
Why not the same for ADS-B ?
2020-4-29
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

djiuser_kg4OmQgKwM8E Posted at 4-29 00:39
MA2 does not matches new regulation of EASA. No C1 classification, accordingly no "C1" class identification label  on MA2. Extremely limited use after 1/1/2021.

Doesn't the sub-900g weight put it automatically in the C1 class?
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_kg4OmQgKwM8E
lvl.1

Germany

Ice_2k Posted at 4-29 03:02
Doesn't the sub-900g weight put it automatically in the C1 class?

No, there is no automation in EASA certification process. And weight is only one of several requirements. Others are ie a class identification label on the drone, maximum speed in level flight, maximum sound power level, direct remote identification, ....
2020-4-29
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOLA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know, I guess it's popular to point out 'problems' with a new product. I think it's a big upgrade from the Mavic Air - that's all you can really compare it to. I think a controller with the display holder on top is actually a good idea. It should help you keep your eyes up - where they should be when you're flying.

In any event, I won't be buying it. I'm sure it's a great drone, but how many do I need?  Plus, the new (possible) government (U.S.) restrictions that appear to be coming will most likely kill the consumer drone market anyway. No sense dumping more money into a drone at this point.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...... carry on.  :-)
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI P5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59610 ft
Singapore

The remote control mobile phone mounting unable to tilt up
20200429_204956.jpg
2020-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI P5 Posted at 4-29 04:50

I wonder how you add a sunshade to this?
2020-4-29
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

monstermac77 Posted at 4-27 22:43
For sure, the lack of DJI Goggles support is disappointing, but I think there is a decent chance this will be added with an update to the DJI Fly app.

How can it support goggles if it doesn't have an HDMI port?  Just found out - wirelessly...
2020-4-29
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 18:46
Hi, Zeroing. Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.     1) Currently, DJI FLY does not suppot to adjust sensitivity. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.     2) Mavic Air 2 does bear CE marking. And it matches the new regulation of EASA. The max transmission distance is 6km under CE standard. Please rest assured to use it in compliance with local regulations. Thank you for your understanding and support.     3) Due to the difference in product supply channels as well as exchange rates and tariffs incurred in different regions, the prices of the products in different regions will vary slightly. You may refer to the price information given on the DJI official website of your current region.
https://store.dji.com/fr/product/mavic-air-2?vid=91071

about point 2:
how exatcly mathces new EASA regulation? then itz chould wear clear graphical C0-C4 markings next to CE sign etc, ehich from sticker images in battery department etc, does not.

2020-4-29
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Flying Wolf_NOLA Posted at 4-29 03:55
I don't know, I guess it's popular to point out 'problems' with a new product. I think it's a big upgrade from the Mavic Air - that's all you can really compare it to. I think a controller with the display holder on top is actually a good idea. It should help you keep your eyes up - where they should be when you're flying.

In any event, I won't be buying it. I'm sure it's a great drone, but how many do I need?  Plus, the new (possible) government (U.S.) restrictions that appear to be coming will most likely kill the consumer drone market anyway. No sense dumping more money into a drone at this point.

Care to elaborate on these new regulations?
2020-4-29
Use props
wolframmitbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 157379 ft
Austria

Weight and size compared to MM1. Anyway I ordered already
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

izotop Posted at 4-29 11:52
about point 2:
how exatcly mathces new EASA regulation? then itz chould wear clear graphical C0-C4 markings next to CE sign etc, ehich from sticker images in battery department etc, does not.

Hi, Izotop. As the new CE standard is not released yet,  none of the drones can do the certification.  Please rest assured that Mavic Air 2 matches the new regulations.
According to the conclusion given by our legal affairs, even after the new policy is launched, the products currently on the market will have a product protection period of two years, which means Mavic Air 2 can be used as usual. Two years after the release of the new policy, our drones can continue to fly in the airspace under the old CE standard. For airspace flight under the new CE standard, the relevant government operating guidelines should be complied with.

2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_kg4OmQgKwM8E Posted at 4-29 00:39
MA2 does not matches new regulation of EASA. No C1 classification, accordingly no "C1" class identification label  on MA2. Extremely limited use after 1/1/2021.
Hi, there. Please refer to my answer in 55#. Thanks for your attention.
2020-4-30
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 22:15
Hi, Izotop. As the new CE standard is not released yet,  none of the drones can do the certification.  Please rest assured that Mavic Air 2 matches the new regulations.
According to the conclusion given by our legal affairs, even after the new policy is launched, the products currently on the market will have a product protection period of two years, which means Mavic Air 2 can be used as usual. Two years after the release of the new policy, our drones can continue to fly in the airspace under the old CE standard. For airspace flight under the new CE standard, the relevant government operating guidelines should be complied with.

hi.
Thank you for answering, but next time i would prefer, to not delete you original posting about this, and some questions from other users, too. -
If i may ask further: how can you know, it is fully compatible with new certification, if rules aren't out yet? If i understand correctly, Air 2 will be "fully" valid till next two and a half years, after that same as other "old" CE drones (so, not officially usable in urban areas etc), right?
2020-4-30
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOLA Posted at 4-29 03:55
I don't know, I guess it's popular to point out 'problems' with a new product. I think it's a big upgrade from the Mavic Air - that's all you can really compare it to. I think a controller with the display holder on top is actually a good idea. It should help you keep your eyes up - where they should be when you're flying.

The name is meaningless.  Would a rose smell any sweeter with a different name?  The MA2 has the same body style as the M2P & M2Z so it should be compared.  It should be compared with any drone so as to get a better understanding of it.  There are no rules to comparisons anyhow.
2020-4-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There will be no change in Europe until EASA rules are implemented and these have been put back until December 2020, at the earliest but it’s not likely it will be sometime in 2021, and from when rules are implemented there will be a 2 year moratorium on legacy drones which Mavic air2 will be one of them .
2020-4-30
Use props
weidji
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158196 ft
United States

Droneflier Posted at 4-27 20:56
Honestly this is just a supped up MM and a downgrade on the Mavic2, I would rather buy the Mavic2 and keep my MM to do the day to day requirements - Will just wait for the price to come down

How long are you think that when its will be down the price? Mavic Air 2
2020-4-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI P5 Posted at 4-29 04:50

Are you kidding? There is no way I am not using it with my tablet and a fully tiltable aftermarket mount. Not spending $1000 and using a tiny phone ;-)
2020-4-30
Use props
Gijs4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243665 ft
Netherlands

The lack of Waypoints 2.0 mode!! Such a shame
2020-4-30
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 22:15

so you mean we'll have to buy new drone in 2 years, as this one will be quite limited...it might meet the new regulations but without the markings it will be considered legacy....so basically quite low move out of dji...
2020-5-1
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just ordered mine and been told it will have the C1 stamp and "maybe" the AirSense installed,, Not really bothered about either anyway, what with Brexit at the end of year and I dont go plane spotting. Am used to the Inspire so the Air2 and the remote will be small for me
2020-5-1
Use props
ed_duffy
lvl.1

United States

2 biggest disapointments with the Mavic Air 2:  no upward and side sensors, no goggle support.  Otherwise, it's amazing!
2020-5-1
Use props
ed_duffy
lvl.1

United States

Droneflier Posted at 4-27 20:14
No Support for the DJI Goggles got to be kidding me

I absolutely agree.  I loved flying the original Air with the DJI goggles.
2020-5-1
Use props
ed_duffy
lvl.1

United States

monstermac77 Posted at 4-27 22:43
For sure, the lack of DJI Goggles support is disappointing, but I think there is a decent chance this will be added with an update to the DJI Fly app.

Hope so...won't buy the new Air w/o goggle support.
2020-5-1
Use props
TheGman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783885 ft
United States

MARTINEZX Posted at 4-28 14:34
Definitely they need to use smartphones size battery ;)))   Air 2 is too big, too heavy and too fat. Plus huge controller. Should change name from Air to Brick, Stone, Earth or similar.

Propably i turn back to Air 1.  Still waiting for Spark succesor - hand gestures and smartphone as controller. I mean simple holiday drone - easy to use, quiet, lightweight with great cam.

That’s the mini bro
2020-5-1
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Droneflier Posted at 4-27 20:14
No Support for the DJI Goggles got to be kidding me

And they won't put a VR Mode into their apps.
2020-5-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 4-28 08:22
How can it possibly have a 10K range if it is using the same ocusync 2?

TX Power levels in the Controller and the Drone.
Higher sensitivity RXs

You could control a RC occusync 2 product on the Moon if you had the required RF Power.

Cheers
2020-5-2
Use props
haloXG_Sr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645522 ft
Finland

zeroing Posted at 4-28 04:52
- DJI Ifly? So no sensitivity settings for a smooth cinematic move like DJI go4....
- Not even a word for european certification. Who buy a drone that not match new regulation in january 2021? (or with so much restriction of use).
- Price : 849 euros / 799 dollars...Learn exchange rate DJI.

849 euro includes VAT (20% TVA in France), 799 dollars doesn't include sales tax, so that need to be added to get final price in dollars.
Sure that sale tax is much lower in every states than VAT in europe, but DJI cannot influence on that, except subsidiary price for european customers.
2020-5-2
Use props
Toonleap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358533 ft
Panama

No upward and side sensors. The rest looks great. Guess the MAVIC 3 will give us that and much more.
2020-5-2
Use props
turmfunker
lvl.1
Germany

The worst?

That was easy: That I cannot fly it !

My phone Samsung S5 and my tablet Sony Z3 compact worked perfectly with my 3 Phantom 3 over the years. They have both the expected Android 6 (6.0.1) and though I cannot use them with the different app.

Almost have ordered, but fortunately checked if being able to install the app, which FAILED.

So sorry, that "my" Mavic Air 2 will remain in China...
2020-5-2
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

TheGman Posted at 5-1 21:39
That’s the mini bro
Mini without sensors, without gestures, that fly away?... I hope that you can use Air 2 motors in Air 1... Only sound is interesting in A2 in my opinion. Mavic Mini is a prototype only for quick match 250 g... Build quality is under Spark and Tello, have no sensors, no waypoints, no gestures, no smartphone control and have many problems with fly and gone...

What you think when you hear rumours about Air 2? That you have all things as Air 1 have but more and better. But they cut a lot things and its huge. After few years i expected little bit much miniaturisation, i mean smaller and lighter body,  smaller battery but longer time, smaller sensors but more etc, hand gestures etc. I did not expect big, fat cow with biig, fat controller in 2020.... Of course if this is pizza delivery drone the size is ok... But why is called Air 2?

https://youtu.be/gHJVeRBHLX0   time 0:16
2020-5-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bjr981s Posted at 5-2 01:00
TX Power levels in the Controller and the Drone.
Higher sensitivity RXs

Makes sense thanks.
2020-5-2
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Lack of Waypoints support and Expo controls.
2020-5-2
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

11mph tripod mode
no slow motion follow me/apas
no photo/video edit of sharpness ect
no true d-log
no tripod hyperlapse
2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Whoreable Posted at 5-2 21:29
11mph tripod mode
no slow motion follow me/apas
no photo/video edit of sharpness ect

11mph is fine for pilots who are competent in their flying. I understand you’re obviously new to this but give it time you’ll get the hang of it ;+):::: what craft do you fly .
2020-5-3
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Single Compass and a Single IMU. What happens if they fail?
2020-5-3
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

And again a new RC and a new charger, at least one charger for all drones would be a small step. My charger charges almost all batteries in the hobby area, is not rocket science ... Can the battery be charged via the MA 2, as with the MM?
2020-5-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules