My first serious crash... what now?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mandruu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201335 ft

United States

Hey everyone, I recently picked up my neglected Phantom 3 Professional again and am sad to say a crash has put it out of commission.  

Unfortunately after over 40 flights, my Phantom 3 Professional dropped out of the sky from 250 ft.

I used to fly it quite a bit when I bought it way back at the end of 2015, but have had it stored since a major move. I decided to take some photos/videos of my house before we move (again) and had one great flight. Today I wanted to grab some pictures for a panorama, and realized there were updates for both the controller and drone. The update was successful, and it took some great pictures for about 5 minutes. Somewhere around 80% battery life the DJI Go app lost connection. Moments later the Phantom 3 Pro free fell and struck my neighbor’s roof.

The gimbal looks pretty messed up/cracked, and the body itself is not in the best shape. Does anyone have any experience with repairs through DJI? I was told over the phone a total replacement would cost $599, but repairs might be cheaper. If you have sent a repairable drone to them, how much did it end up costing?

I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth paying money to get this one fixed/replaced or just upgrade to something else. I have attached some pictures for reference at the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/Qqfg2SF

Thanks so much!

2020-4-27
Use props
Mandruu
lvl.1

United States

Apologies, only one picture showed up in that link. Here are some more: www.imgur.com/a/UaU6PLX
2020-4-27
Use props
Mandruu
lvl.1

United States

Lp6qrhS.jpg HhF6jUq.jpg 1P0AIID.jpg zXmJGSd.jpg ys2ycYz.jpg vZBdAAk.jpg
2020-4-27
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a browse of youtube videos dealing with opening the shell, look at several as some are better than others. If the shell halves are not broken they may realign themselves in the process.
With regards to the camera, again a DIY repair if you take care. You need to remove the gimbal assembly and see why the grey cover shown has broken i.e. has the internal circuit board above it broken? Again you tube videos etc.
2020-4-28
Use props
bdholsin
lvl.1

United States

I'm following to see how this turns out for the OP. My camera/gimbal is totally trashed after the exact same set of events.
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules