Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Air 2 - Remote Controller And Tablet?
12Next >
7363 73 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

Hi guys,

the brand new DJI Mavic Air 2 features a brand new remote controller. Maybe you're wondering, if there is the possibility to use a tablet with the new device holder. You can find an answer in the specifications: The new remote controller support a mobile device size with 180 × 86 × 10 mm. So I think it's actually not possible to use the DJI Mavic Air 2 with a tablet

What do you think about this?

Single SelectVote, Total 42 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi,Anita_Holder. Thanks for your attention. Tablet holder will be available later. Please keep up with updates in DJI store. Here's the website: https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-4-27
Use props
R.R.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17075456 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-27 18:43
Hi,Anita_Holder. Thanks for your attention. Tablet holder will be available later. Please keep up with updates in DJI store. Here's the website: https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav

Do you know if the Mavic 2 standard remote will work with the Mavic Air 2
2020-4-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect that the usual aftermarket tablet adapters will work with the new remote.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

R.R. Posted at 4-27 19:06

Hi R.R., Mavic 2 standard RC is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please refer to more information about mavic air 2 here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/faq
2020-4-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

R.R. Posted at 4-27 19:06

It will not. The MA uses enhanced WIFI and the MA2 uses occusync 2
2020-4-27
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 4-27 20:31
It will not. The MA uses enhanced WIFI and the MA2 uses occusync 2

I don't think  the question was about the first gen vs the second gen air.

the real question is occusync 2 and will the current occusync 2 products ( m2p/m2z rc and scm working with the new m2a).  sounds like the answer is no for the rc and maybe for the scm.
eta:  correct "mc" to "rc"
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 4-27 20:55

the real question is occusync 2 and will the current occusync 2 products ( m2p/m2z rc and scm working with the new m2a).  sounds like the answer is no for the mc and maybe for the scm.

Wrong yes it will.
2020-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does that mean the Fly app will be updated to support officially tablets?
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I do not care for the new controller design. It will make me stand out while flying, I prefer to not stick out.
2020-4-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-27 20:55

the real question is occusync 2 and will the current occusync 2 products ( m2p/m2z rc and scm working with the new m2a).  sounds like the answer is no for the mc and maybe for the scm.

I wasn't comparing the two. I was just giving the difference in transmission.
2020-4-28
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 4-28 01:56
Personally I do not care for the new controller design. It will make me stand out while flying, I prefer to not stick out.

I'm used to standing out as I fly FPV with goggles on.....Hard not to doing that. Must admit that the new MA2 contoller looks a little duff.
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:04

the update that came out today (for iOS) included "iPad support" in the release notes. Did not get to try it out yet though
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-27 19:24
Hi R.R., Mavic 2 standard RC is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please refer to more information about mavic air 2 here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/faq

But will MA2 work with the smart controller?
2020-4-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the answers are here, dji gamora posted in comment #5: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/faq

Is Mavic Air 2 compatible with the Mavic 2 remote controller?
No

Is Mavic Air 2 compatible with the Smart Controller?
Yes. Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update.
2020-4-28
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

A related question: what App will be used, the Fly app (same as MM?)?
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 4-28 07:38
I'm used to standing out as I fly FPV with goggles on.....Hard not to doing that. Must admit that the new MA2 contoller looks a little duff.

Yea. That's what has probably kept me from FPV for so long. Someday hopefully!
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc
lvl.2

Sweden

Will Mavic Air 2 be compatible with DJI Chrystal Sky Monitor?
2020-4-28
Use props
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

Great to hear that! Thank you DJI Gamora!
2020-4-28
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

no it wont. DJI.dontcare.com promised a quick connect mount for the mavic 2.o and CS and it never happened.
2020-4-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 4-28 09:39

Yes, the same as the MM
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 4-28 08:05
the update that came out today (for iOS) included "iPad support" in the release notes. Did not get to try it out yet though

Thanks for the correction.  Hopefully they will update the Go 4 app to support the whole iPad screen too.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JohnK48 Posted at 4-28 09:39

Hi, there. DJI FLY is the compatible app for Mavic Air 2. Thanks for your attention.
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc Posted at 4-28 10:37
Will Mavic Air 2 be compatible with DJI Chrystal Sky Monitor?

Hi, there. The Crystalsky is not compatible with Mavic Air 2. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ice_2k Posted at 4-28 08:05
But will MA2 work with the smart controller?

Hi, there. Yes. Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update.
2020-4-30
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 02:04
Hi, there. DJI FLY is the compatible app for Mavic Air 2. Thanks for your attention.

When will I be able to download the version of the Fly app that supports the MA2?
2020-4-30
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

I currently use a tablet with the Fly app and the MM, but you have to have a holder. Probably no good holder right now,  but if you are creative you might think of something.
2020-4-30
Use props
djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 02:07
Hi, there. The Crystalsky is not compatible with Mavic Air 2. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi and thank you for your quick reply.

As I live in Sweden/Europe , can I buy a Mavic Air 2 from North America to get the ADS-B function?
2020-4-30
Use props
PunaPhantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1680374 ft
  • >>>
United States

As soon as this was available I ordered... we always get the latest birds... but you can just take it back - I'm not even going to accept it... I am sick and tired of the lack of attention to those of us who have invested substantially in your crystal sky system... with its $80 mounts (which I have no problem with as they work amazingly - unlike the $%^ monitors which burn out and require repairs at almost the same price as a new monitor...) - First it was we couldn't load 3rd party app... so there went Litchi, Auto Pilot et al. - then you allowed them in through the Amazon port... so fine... we invested in a couple... I am only proficient in one eye, it is imperative that my monitor renders the cleanest brightest image possible... specially because for some of our work I have to fly in-between some very expensive equipment... I digress... I'm just really really upset that DJI has dropped the ball on the CS line...

How about offering us a trade for a Smart Controller... In all other regards I have nothing but high praise for your company... on the many occasions we have used your repair facilities we have had a fair price rapid turn around... your birds are (for value) without competition, but damn it... give the Crystal Sky Team a kick up the butt... Mahalo...
2020-4-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PunaPhantom Posted at 4-30 16:27
As soon as this was available I ordered... we always get the latest birds... but you can just take it back - I'm not even going to accept it... I am sick and tired of the lack of attention to those of us who have invested substantially in your crystal sky system... with its $80 mounts (which I have no problem with as they work amazingly - unlike the $%^ monitors which burn out and require repairs at almost the same price as a new monitor...) - First it was we couldn't load 3rd party app... so there went Litchi, Auto Pilot et al. - then you allowed them in through the Amazon port... so fine... we invested in a couple... I am only proficient in one eye, it is imperative that my monitor renders the cleanest brightest image possible... specially because for some of our work I have to fly in-between some very expensive equipment... I digress... I'm just really really upset that DJI has dropped the ball on the CS line...

How about offering us a trade for a Smart Controller... In all other regards I have nothing but high praise for your company... on the many occasions we have used your repair facilities we have had a fair price rapid turn around... your birds are (for value) without competition, but damn it... give the Crystal Sky Team a kick up the butt... Mahalo...

"As soon as this was available I ordered... we always get the latest birds... but you can just take it back - I'm not even going to accept it..."

Ummm, so you ordered it and then will refuse delivery? Is that what you meant? I must be missing the point unless you just want to harass the company?
2020-4-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 4-30 05:09
I currently use a tablet with the Fly app and the MM, but you have to have a holder. Probably no good holder right now,  but if you are creative you might think of something.

I don't see why the same holder/adapter would not work on the new RC. I am sorta counting on it ;-) My issue will be in getting a new cable or cable adapter since this is a USB-C socket and the Mini RC has a micro USB-A.
2020-4-30
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-30 19:30
I don't see why the same holder/adapter would not work on the new RC. I am sorta counting on it ;-) My issue will be in getting a new cable or cable adapter since this is a USB-C socket and the Mini RC has a micro USB-A.

Two things: (1) you are right about the cable, I did not think about a USB-C, and (2) the new holder squeezes up and down, not side to side, but then my tablet holder has a ball joint and I suppose I can just orient it 90 degrees around.
Actually, I just took a look at my hold, and yes I can rotate it 90 degrees, but then noticed that it looks like that will not be necessary as it is shaped so the new control will latch on to it.  Yay.  I've also got to believe that they will include a USB-A on one end of one of the cables.  Not many phones are ready with USB-C sockets (or am I behind the times).
2020-5-1
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:04

Fly app already supports tablets.  At least it works with the tablet that I am using (Samsung Galaxy TabA 8 - with non Intel processor).  Really nice (and cheap).
2020-5-1
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 4-28 07:38
I'm used to standing out as I fly FPV with goggles on.....Hard not to doing that. Must admit that the new MA2 contoller looks a little duff.

Not too long ago I got reconditioned White Goggles (occusync1) and I am led to believe that they will work with the MA2, but don't know for sure.
2020-5-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 5-1 16:18
Two things: (1) you are right about the cable, I did not think about a USB-C, and (2) the new holder squeezes up and down, not side to side, but then my tablet holder has a ball joint and I suppose I can just orient it 90 degrees around.
Actually, I just took a look at my hold, and yes I can rotate it 90 degrees, but then noticed that it looks like that will not be necessary as it is shaped so the new control will latch on to it.  Yay.  I've also got to believe that they will include a USB-A on one end of one of the cables.  Not many phones are ready with USB-C sockets (or am I behind the times).

Yes, there will be a micro USB-B cable (D-shaped, not rectangular like the -A) supplied but I am pretty sure it will be too short for a tablet. The one sent with the Mini was too short for my Samsung Tab A. The USB-C socket to which I refer is the one on the MA2 remote as far as I can see. The Mini RC has a Micro USB-A socket.
2020-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnK48 Posted at 5-1 16:29
Fly app already supports tablets.  At least it works with the tablet that I am using (Samsung Galaxy TabA 8 - with non Intel processor).  Really nice (and cheap).

The last app just released added support for tablets, before that it was an unsupported solution.
2020-5-4
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 4-28 10:12
Yea. That's what has probably kept me from FPV for so long. Someday hopefully!

Love FPV and fly it a lot more than my Mavic. Just ordered the DJI FPV System on a multirotor, so looking forward to that.
2020-5-4
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 5-4 00:49
Love FPV and fly it a lot more than my Mavic. Just ordered the DJI FPV System on a multirotor, so looking forward to that.

Enjoy it.
2020-5-4
Use props
tulcakgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

JohnK48 Posted at 5-1 16:29

The Samsung was the competitor against the iPad mini 2 at the time.  Shouldn't my iPad mini 2 work just as well?

iPad mini 2 - Apple 7 system chip, GPU PowerVR G6430, RAM 1GB LPDDR3, Dual-core, 1300 MHz, Cyclone, 64-bit, RAM 1G

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 - Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 8916 system chip, Quad-core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit, GPU Adreno 306, RAM 1.5G
2020-5-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can anyone confirm those that have received there Mavic Air 2. The controller is it indeed USB C  where you plug your phone or tablet into?
2020-5-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules