Brazil

If not that's a huge bummer...
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ro_flyer, I have just replied to your post here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =213706&pid=2136804
Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Please stay tuned to the latest news on the DJI website.
2020-4-27
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 19:32
Hi ro_flyer, I have just replied to your post here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =213706&pid=2136804
Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Please stay tuned to the latest news on the DJI website.

Thank you Mindy. I will only purchase when it becomes a fact.
2020-4-27
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have any info regarding if the Mavic Air 2 will work with my crystalsky monitor? Sigh , should have waited for the Smart controller.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ro_flyer Posted at 4-27 20:22
Thank you Mindy. I will only purchase when it becomes a fact.

We understand, thanks for your support to DJI.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 4-27 20:54
Does anyone have any info regarding if the Mavic Air 2 will work with my crystalsky monitor? Sigh , should have waited for the Smart controller.

Hi Maxi3D, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support CrystalSky. We will forward your need to our engineers for attention. Please stay tuned to the latest news on DJI website.
2020-4-27
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy or any other mods. I can't seems to be able to post any threads on this forum. I get an error message telling me my theme is not selected. I can still post replies but not starting a post.   
2020-4-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Maxi3D Posted at 4-28 15:10
DJI Mindy or any other mods. I can't seems to be able to post any threads on this forum. I get an error message telling me my theme is not selected. I can still post replies but not starting a post.

I also sometimes get this... I think it's a glitch...
2020-4-28
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy,

Is there an estimated time the update to the remote will come out that will add support for the Mavic air 2?
2020-5-5
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

method007 Posted at 5-5 20:05
Mindy,

Is there an estimated time the update to the remote will come out that will add support for the Mavic air 2?

get ready for a generic and inconclusive answer without a specific date
2020-5-6
Use props
fansa3e8dc5f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3015 ft
United States

Barely works with the MA2 pro, so don’t hold your breath.....
2020-5-12
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 5-6 14:25
get ready for a generic and inconclusive answer without a specific date

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
2020-6-17
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa3e8dc5f Posted at 5-12 14:30
Barely works with the MA2 pro, so don’t hold your breath.....

Hi have you updated the firmware for both. Mine works wonders with the M2 Pro.
I have to be honest- it was the promised compatibility with the Smart Controller that prompted me to purchase the MA 2.
In hindsight,  I should have gone for the Phantom 4 Pro v2. it already is compatible and uses an app that I'm familiar with, not some simplified DJI Fly App
2020-6-19
Use props
Hollywood VR Games
lvl.2

United States

ET214 Posted at 6-19 07:29
Hi have you updated the firmware for both. Mine works wonders with the M2 Pro.
I have to be honest- it was the promised compatibility with the Smart Controller that prompted me to purchase the MA 2.
In hindsight,  I should have gone for the Phantom 4 Pro v2. it already is compatible and uses an app that I'm familiar with, not some simplified DJI Fly App
Very true MA2 app is so limited. Great drone but coming from Mavic Pro I miss the GO app. Just got a Mavic 2 Zoom just to use my SC. Bought my SC when I got my Air 2 because FAQ in Air 2 said SC will support Air 2. That was in May. Just got to wait it out not switching from DJI. Best drones out there. Slow firmware updates but better not to rush updates and let them work all bugs out before release.
2020-6-20
Use props
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Please stay tuned to the latest news on the DJI website.

Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LeeG Posted at 6-20 10:04
Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit

Sorry about that, Mavic Air 2 will support Smart Controller via the future firmware upgrade, please stay tuned with us, thank you.
2020-6-21
Use props
Maverick.Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4645085 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-21 02:59
Sorry about that, Mavic Air 2 will support Smart Controller via the future firmware upgrade, please stay tuned with us, thank you.

Spero non ci voglia molto tempo. siamo tutti in attesa.
2020-6-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

We all hope the the future is close. We have been waiting since they announced the drone.
2020-6-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

MA2 and DJI GS Pro?
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ET214 Posted at 6-21 09:59
We all hope the the future is close. We have been waiting since they announced the drone.

We understand how eagerly you want it, our engineers are working on it, please note the future update.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 6-22 01:13
MA2 and DJI GS Pro?

Mavic Air 2 doesn't support GS Pro, GS Pro is mostly used for industry drones to conduct mapping and so on. Mavic air 2 as a consumer machine does not currently support such functions and is not compatible with GS PRO.
2020-6-22
Use props
Maverick.Pro
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy, pubblicato il 6-22 alle 02:54
Mavic Air non supporta GS Pro, GS Pro è utilizzato principalmente per i droni del settore per condurre mappe e così via. Mavic air 2 come macchina di consumo non supporta attualmente tali funzioni e non è compatibile con GS PRO.

data di rilascio mavic air 2 e controller intelligente. i mesi sono passati ancora niente. siamo delusi.
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-22 02:49
We understand how eagerly you want it, our engineers are working on it, please note the future update.

Thank you. I hope it is soon
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Maverick.Pro Posted at 6-22 03:01
data di rilascio mavic air 2 e controller intelligente. i mesi sono passati ancora niente. siamo delusi.

We understand how you feel, our team is working really hard on it, hope for your understanding.
2020-6-23
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-23 04:17
We understand how you feel, our team is working really hard on it, hope for your understanding.

Thanks. Please ask them for a specific Month for us to expect update.   It would solve a lot of DJI bashing around the world.
2020-6-23
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
United States

Hi Mindy

Please define what “the future firmware update” refers to. Sounds like the very next one to me the way you worded it. Otherwise it would be “a future firmware update”.

See why words matter?  We really need an approximate month for this expectation with all due respect. Thanks
2020-6-27
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

one post she says there will be no support for the crystal sky and the next she says they are working on and updated. What is it going to be? I am sure the DJI support is run with a bunch of bots 90% of the time LOL
2020-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droneflier Posted at 6-27 09:25
one post she says there will be no support for the crystal sky and the next she says they are working on and updated. What is it going to be? I am sure the DJI support is run with a bunch of bots 90% of the time LOL

Hi Droneflier, I apologize if I gave any wrong information and any confusion caused, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support CrystalSky but it will support the Smart Controller, hope I've made it clear. Thank you.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DG Boiler Posted at 6-27 06:04
Hi Mindy

Please define what “the future firmware update” refers to. Sounds like the very next one to me the way you worded it. Otherwise it would be “a future firmware update”.

I wish I could give you an approximate month, but we don't have related information from the R&D team. Hope for your understanding.
2020-6-29
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Mindy glad to see you are human and not a BOT, most of the replies received from DJI are almost copy and paste answers, and most of the time the actual question or problem being presented is ignored and a non relevant reply is given given the impression AI is being used to reply to forum related issues
2020-6-29
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
United States

Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Please stay tuned to the latest news on the DJI website.

Mindy please update us. It’s been 3 months.
2020-7-14
Use props
fans377cf9e1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246801 ft
Austria

Please, give us some informations about the target date for Mavic air 2 support.
2020-7-17
Use props
Maverick.Pro
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

we are disappointed no answer
2020-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DG Boiler Posted at 7-14 05:29
Mindy please update us. It’s been 3 months.

Sorry that it takes so long to support Smart Controller, our engineers are still working on it. I also hope it will be available soon. Please stay tuned to the latest update on DJI website.
2020-7-19
Use props
TerminalVelocity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 02:15
Sorry that it takes so long to support Smart Controller, our engineers are still working on it. I also hope it will be available soon. Please stay tuned to the latest update on DJI website.

Hi Mindy - do you think we'll see the update before the end of the year (2020)?  Is there some sort of target date the engineering team is working to?
2020-7-19
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 7-19 13:16
Hi Mindy - do you think we'll see the update before the end of the year (2020)?  Is there some sort of target date the engineering team is working to?

I think we have all been fooled. Promise them the sun and moon   Give them dust.
2020-7-20
Use props
TerminalVelocity
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 7-20 08:47
I think we have all been fooled. Promise them the sun and moon   Give them dust.

It's really discouraging when something is advertised and promised to happen and then they won't openly talk about it.  You know they have an idea for a release date (even if that's never) and I can't get my head around why it's so top secret...even accounting for the COVID-19 ambiguity.   
2020-7-20
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 7-20 10:50
It's really discouraging when something is advertised and promised to happen and then they won't openly talk about it.  You know they have an idea for a release date (even if that's never) and I can't get my head around why it's so top secret...even accounting for the COVID-19 ambiguity.

I totally agree with you.
It is discouraging. But take heart. We know better now or at least I do.
Don’t buy any  of their products when announced...
All of my previous drones were purchased about 1 year after they were first announced.
This is the only  tech that I feel this way about.  All others not so. Their loss not mine.

They are not the only drone manufacturer; yes they have the  largest market share,
but how long will that last with their false claims and promises. This is not their first drone.

The pandemic is not an excuse. They released the drone during the pandemic, it was just premature. Not really ready for prime time.   If it was manned aircraft it would have been recalled.

Again this is my option and feelings on the matter. Others may or may not agree.

2020-7-20
Use props
TerminalVelocity
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 7-20 12:25
I totally agree with you.
It is discouraging. But take heart. We know better now or at least I do.
Don’t buy any  of their products when announced...

Yeah, good advice and I've learned quite a bit about DJI and other drone companies in the very short time I've been in the hobby.  I'm willing to accept whatever direction this goes, but my biggest problem is being held in limbo for months without much information being openly disseminated.  I will definitely be reluctant to purchase from them in the future given the other options currently available.  Thanks for the reply.   
2020-7-20
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Every manufacturing company including DJI have a schedule and in that are targets and dates.

And in that schedule will be the different targets that must be met before the firmware that will make the MA2 work with the Smart Controller.

So Mr DJI  you have a date or a targetted date.

Please give it to us

2020-7-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules