New Upgrade after Mavic Air 2 Release
2103 25 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

And here it cames, a new proof of the bad Mavic Mini support after DJI Mavic Air 2 release, the app is almost cloned to DJI Fly(I guess a adapted sourcecode)  at this point we can check how the team only give us a dumb white balances upgrade, girls and boys,
1.Boomerang and Tiny planet just give a specified parameters to the API, and the graphic function to generate the planet is software by the app, do you DJI guys lose too many time on make  copy/paste of these sourcecode functions, port them to DJI Fly app and recompile ?

2.We dont want 3 different advanced tracking modes, for us, MM owners, active traxk is ok, and the software is able to make it, so why dont you enable it?

3.The most of the people knows about the ambarella chipset is able of film/photo in 4k, again, why dont you enable this option?
Maybe, you dont care about our money, but we all spent around 550€ on the MM, and now people who is going to pay only 300€ more for a Mavic Air 2 is going to receive the double of features than us, ONLY, because YOU DONT WANT TO ENABLE or PORT to our DJI FLY and firmware code, its not related to the Mavic Mini Hardware because its ready and enabled to work these features.

At this point i start to think i think, if i think if i shoud start to make my own REVERSE ENGINERING sniffing the protocol and making my own API to control the gadget
2020-4-28
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

I’m pretty patient, but my patience is already running out. How much long will you guys cry because of 4K? Seriously, how much can you write the same again and again? It was explained why the Mavic mini does not have 4K. Let me remind you again ... Technically, the chipset supports 4K, but ONE of the reasons why it is off is the problem with cooling. The Mavic mini uses passive cooling and its not enough to dissipate heat effectively. Sorry for my english, but you will understand if you want
2020-4-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

The Mini is what it is, be realistic in your expectations.  At best hopefully we’ll see an improvement to the App were the white information at the top of the screen is improved for visibility and White Balance location moved to the camera view screen.  As far as active track is concerned the addition of Spotlight would be nice (and safe), Panoramic photos should be great additions.
2020-4-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I think we all would want to have as many options and features as possible, but we have to be realistic... and the new MAVIC AIR 2 is not only 300 euro more, with dji care and fly more combo it will surely go over 1000 euros, which is double of the mini... Hopefully we will see some more goodies come along like panorama, aeb, spotlight... maybe... but mini is already a pretty decent for what it was originally.
2020-4-28
Use props
MiniWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306132 ft
United Kingdom

For it's price the mini is a great bit of kit.  The updates since launch have improved both the drone and the app significantly.

I would love to complaim about missing features - 4K, active tracking, missing quickshots. However, I knew what the features of the drone were when I bought it.  I did not buy the Mavic Mini thinking missing features would ever be added.  It is an entry-level drone into DJI's product line-up.
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Software limitation are indeed irritating.
2020-4-28
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

TDZHDTV Posted at 4-28 01:27
The Mini is what it is, be realistic in your expectations.  At best hopefully we’ll see an improvement to the App were the white information at the top of the screen is improved for visibility and White Balance location moved to the camera view screen.  As far as active track is concerned the addition of Spotlight would be nice (and safe), Panoramic photos should be great additions.

Improve for visibility is not available even for MA2. It's a shame.
2020-4-28
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Renato61 Posted at 4-28 02:10
Improve for visibility is not available even for MA2. It's a shame.

I am pretty sure, that this will come soon, it shouldn't be a big thing.
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

"At this point i start to think i think, if i think if i shoud start to make my own REVERSE ENGINERING sniffing the protocol and making my own API to control the gadget"

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just buy a Mavic Air 2?
2020-4-28
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Speaking about 4K, the 1080 output of the MM upscaled to 4K has pretty much the same resolvance of any canon EOS DSLR (which are known to be as sharp as mushy pillow).
Mavic Mini costs about 500 EUR, a decent Canon EOS DSLR about three times as much.
2020-4-28
Use props
fans0c7ce0cb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

When I bought the Mini I knew its limitations and hoped that some software features may be added in the future, like manual WB and manual control on video mode that are already added. Of course I would like more features like 4k but that is impossible with 40 Mps that the Mini has, it would have to be over 60 Mps and other cameras that use the same sensor (Mavc Air, Osmo Pocket, Mavic 2zoom) have 100 Mps.
The Mini was limited by design on weight, heat dissipation and market share that limited the features it has. A Mini too good would hurt sales of the Mavic Air and if it was launched after the MA2 maybe it would have had more features (last firmware upgrade brought more software related features). In the future I can only see DJI adding software features like AEB and Panorama that were on the Spark that the Mini replaced. Active track and waypoints will never be added to the Mini until a third party company adds the Mini to their app, for example Litchi.
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Donsir_LTU Posted at 4-28 01:00
I’m pretty patient, but my patience is already running out. How much long will you guys cry because of 4K? Seriously, how much can you write the same again and again? It was explained why the Mavic mini does not have 4K. Let me remind you again ... Technically, the chipset supports 4K, but ONE of the reasons why it is off is the problem with cooling. The Mavic mini uses passive cooling and its not enough to dissipate heat effectively. Sorry for my english, but you will understand if you want

I understand your answer, but i jUst complain about What i can get, and what we are limited just  because THEY WANT, Not 4k video? Ok, what about Boomerang, Tiny Planet, active tracking(follow me) and planning mode? They are just api commands to the controller
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Reverse engineerng grabs my spare time, mavic air 2 sends out money from My pocket.....
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 4-28 06:54
I understand your answer, but i jUst complain about What i can get, and what we are limited just  because THEY WANT, Not 4k video? Ok, what about Boomerang, Tiny Planet, active tracking(follow me) and planning mode? They are just api commands to the controller

You are getting angry for no good reason. This is how producers differentiate between their different products, it applies to everything from drones to cars. Just because they COULD add those functionalities to the Mini doesn't mean they HAVE TO. It's a big difference When the plans were made about their different models and how they would share the market, they made some choices about what features would go into what drone. Then, the requirements went to the technical department and they decided that, for some of those features, they can have it just be different in the software. This doesn't mean they automatically owe it to us to add this feature to every drone where it's possible to.

Besides, you knew what features you were getting when you bought it and while I understand some stuff missing is ok to make people upset (like the manual WB or the manual video controls, that were not mentioned anywhere but you would just assume it would have them, being so basic stuff for any camera) there are these bigger features that we really have no right to demand. You knew it didn't have them when you bought the Mini and you decided to get it anyway.

You don't get similarly annoyed I hope when you buy a car and then the car maker releases a nicer, more expensive model, do you?

2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 4-28 06:56
Reverse engineerng grabs my spare time, mavic air 2 sends out money from My pocket.....

I would find spare work with your spare time and use the money to buy a Mavic Air 2
2020-4-28
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-28 07:02
You are getting angry for no good reason. This is how producers differentiate between their different products, it applies to everything from drones to cars. Just because they COULD add those functionalities to the Mini doesn't mean they HAVE TO. It's a big difference  When the plans were made about their different models and how they would share the market, they made some choices about what features would go into what drone. Then, the requirements went to the technical department and they decided that, for some of those features, they can have it just be different in the software. This doesn't mean they automatically owe it to us to add this feature to every drone where it's possible to.

Besides, you knew what features you were getting when you bought it and while I understand some stuff missing is ok to make people upset (like the manual WB or the manual video controls, that were not mentioned anywhere but you would just assume it would have them, being so basic stuff for any camera) there are these bigger features that we really have no right to demand. You knew it didn't have them when you bought the Mini and you decided to get it anyway.

2020-4-28
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

Deucalion Posted at 4-28 07:16
I would find spare work with your spare time and use the money to buy a Mavic Air 2

would you find for me too ? i need money to buy inspire 2.. LOL
2020-4-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I'm quite happy with my MM, especially after the latest fw update. But the ONE thing I would really want is a dark background on the top of the screen in order to see my signal strength, sats, mode etc. Pretty please DJI??
2020-4-29
Use props
Žmu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1755912 ft
Croatia

I shall say this only unce
249 g

People always start the comparison and never mention the weight.

Maybe You should start asking DJI to make mavics pro, air,... lighter.

IMG_20200430_151732.jpg
2020-4-30
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

At this point after the lastest upgrade looks like the New vídeo récord modes are ok, What I dont finish to understand, is why not add Boomerang and Tiny Planet modes, they are just distance parameter commands to the controller, and even they are ready to run code functions, just making a small port From the MAir code to the MM one,,, same reason for basic Follow me model, I even think that a simple add on like "continue filming opción " When returning From a quickshot would simulate it if you fastly update ROH meanwhile move and change your position
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I just took a look inside the lastest DJI FLY app folders, curiously, inside them, we Have quick shot Comet ,quickshot Planet and focus track vídeo tutorials, IT looks like our DJI Fly app is a capped version of the resting apps with more enabled features, I just wonder how much we should wait to get these features enabled on MmIni and DJFly, IT looks like they are rewarding us like doggies...
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I add extra comment, Hyperlapse  navigation circle and hyperlapse free vídeo tutorials are inside the folders too
2020-5-8
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 5-8 05:35
I add extra comment, Hyperlapse  navigation circle and hyperlapse free vídeo tutorials are inside the folders too

Buy a more expensive drone. The mini is good enough for that price
2020-5-8
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 5-8 05:35

Doesn't the air2 use the same app? it's therefore got to have the media for functions of both drones. Doesn't mean the mini is capable of doing them.
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I am not sure but i suspect that the sourcecode is almost the dame,excepting the new advanced modes for the upgraded hardware,but i am pretty sure that they just comment (disable)the functions which the cut us..

Hyperlapse is just a time sequence of photographies over a specific time ,,, just select programmed picture to 2seconds and set the drones making pics for a while,the hyperlapse process after this is made by the app.

Boomerang (named Comet on the video inside the app folders is a simple new flight parameters to the controller ,focusing a target,and Planet os similar , excepting that the app is the one which mades the Planet graphic stuff

2020-5-8
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

I've upgraded to a Tello
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules