Ronin S Universal Mount
720 3 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tivadze.david
lvl.2

Georgia

Hello,

Anybody know what is power consumption of RONIN S ?

I would like to use Universal Mount, but unfortunately the only info that I found is about voltage 13-17V, and nothing says about amperage.

Thank You in advance

2020-4-28
Use props
SnakeProof
lvl.2

United States

Are you looking to power it off a battery or AC adapter? It doesn't use a lot of power, I cut the end off of the universal mount 6 pin cable and replaced the D-tap with an XT-60 connector, mind your voltage doing this, any 4 cell lithium will be safe but plug a 3 or 5 in and you'll kill it. I've been using mine with a generic 4 cell LiPo battery for weeks with no issues. If you Google "imgur DJI Ronin pinout" you'll see my posts on opening the universal mount to add an additional  XT-60 plug so you don't have to use the mile long cable. You can see it on the bottom lefthand side of the photo.
IMG_20200428_005957_312.jpg
2020-4-28
Use props
tivadze.davidgmail.com
lvl.2

Georgia

Thanks a lot. I have 6S batteries on board so I need step down converter to drop the voltage to 13-17 volt, as DJI recommends.
That is why I need power consumption to choose the appropriate converter.
2020-4-28
Use props
tivadze.davidgmail.com
lvl.2

Georgia

I am also going to cut the supplied cable but from the side of 6 pin connection, soldering wires directly to PCB and to other side use something like XT30 or XT60
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules