Mavic Air 2 Unboxing: Ultimate Product Highlights and Features
34289 237 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RAPTR
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 03:33
Hi,there. Please refer to DJI official website and click 'supported devices' for more information.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
[view_image]

Can someone please tell me why my  Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse running 64-BIT ANDROID 8.1.0 can't download DJI Fly? I just don't get it.
2020-5-21
Use props
Rc600r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286083 ft
Italy

Is it possible to change DJI Fly language? I have now Italian and want to switch to English (android device)
2020-5-21
Use props
Rc600r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286083 ft
Italy

Rc600r Posted at 5-21 05:24
Is it possible to change DJI Fly language? I have now Italian and want to switch to English (android device)

just found, changing language settings of the phone. :-)
2020-5-21
Use props
fansd59551e2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2340295 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Can't wait to have it!
2020-5-21
Use props
pinkbunny324
lvl.1

Portugal

such a cool drone!!!
2020-5-22
Use props
dougjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 581073 ft
Canada

Looks like an amazing piece of equipment!

Can anyone who already got their Air2 tell me if it is possible to select flying in ATTI mode on the Air2?

Thanks!
2020-5-22
Use props
pinkbunny324
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 22:28
Hi, there. For your information, the shutter can be adjusted with the range of 8s-1/8000s. Apature is fixed f/2.8.[view_image]

That´s very good to know! thanks for the information! Im so excited to get me one for me!!
2020-5-22
Use props
pinkbunny324
lvl.1

Portugal

Zuhlster Posted at 4-28 13:54
Sweet and exciting!

1-is it compatible with the DJI white goggles?

Yes good idea, I would like to see the full resolution too!!
2020-5-22
Use props
pinkbunny324
lvl.1

Portugal

I need a mavic air 2 so much!!!: )
2020-5-22
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

Very cool!
2020-5-22
Use props
Dudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 584734 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RAPTR Posted at 5-21 04:54
Can someone please tell me why my  Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse running 64-BIT ANDROID 8.1.0 can't download DJI Fly? I just don't get it.

I bought a new tablet to use with mine and I had the same problem. The DJI website says you need Android 6 & above and I found out from the forums that you also need to be running 64 bit. This new tablet matched both of those requirements so I was more than annoyed when the DJI Fly app didn't appear in the Play Store because it's "not compatible with my device."

Even so, I download the android APK directly from the DJI website & installed it. I've been using it for a few days, and the actual flight part of the app runs fine, I've used a few quickshots & made a hyperlapse clip and it's all been good so far other than a slightly choppy display. The only problem I have found so far is that the app crashes when trying to look at a panorama in the Album section of the app. I haven't used any of the editing functions.

All I can suggest is to try installing the APK but fly with caution until you've fully tested it. Best of luck...
2020-5-22
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great value.
2020-5-22
Use props
AndyVirt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Got the Mavic Air 2 fly more combo last week - first drone, so happy with it.  It really is a dream come true to have such amazing technology.
2020-5-23
Use props
Michael Carioti
New

United States

So is there no live streaming to facebook or youtube with the Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-23
Use props
avalencia06cox.net
New
United States

Hi, I haven’t used the DJI Go 4 app and I lost my drone in the mountains. I have the last gps coordinates from the DJI fly app but when I went to the coordinates I couldn’t find it. Is there a way to see the flight records without having connection to the drone?
2020-5-23
Use props
Jean_Valjean
New

Turkey

Hi everyone! I've just delivered my Dji Mavic Air 2. I haven't flown it yet. But somethıng is bothering me. When I shake it , something is moving inside it and it is clicking. I think it is coming from its back motor. (Motor is working fine.) What do you think I should do ? Do you think it is normal ?
2020-5-23
Use props
Speedacer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok on my screen iPhone 11 Pro Max whilst connected to Mavic air 2 I get 2 orange stripes top and bottom.
Are theses to do with obstacle sensors?
They seem to correspond with the vision sensors

They go when it’s up in the air
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_5zM3aEx9Nr6V
New
Hungary

Hi,
Ihave dji mavic air2.
I tried but did not work the active track ahead in other words the drone should be in front of me when a ride bike.
How can I do?
Tibor
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_S9OcKV56hdsh
New

United States

Just received the Mavic Air 2 Combo. First thing, neither battery last 34 min. Not even close. Secondly, the distance is suppose to be 6.2 miles. Ha ha ha. Mine never went even a mile away. Is the distance suppose to be the amount the aircraft has traveled once in the air? Like going in circles till the battery gets low?
2020-5-26
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

georgesdelaethotmail.com Posted at 5-5 01:48
when will be the update for using the dji smart controller with the air 2

Yes.. that's what we are all wondering. someone said it would be 2 weeks after the launch date.
or the end of May.. but which year?

I guess we exercise Patience like we did when we were waiting for it to ship.
2020-5-26
Use props
Phantomavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1091421 ft
Ireland

Hello everyone.... greeting from Ireland...my first post. Got the Mavic Air 2 a week back and having great fun while i rebuild my P4 which lost half a prop blade around 50 metres !!!!! Anyway, a few questions that someone may please be able to help me with.
1. I was filming today in H265/HEVC and when trying to play back on my Macbook air it was as choppy as hell.
2. I filmed a slow motion clip in HEVC and it was ok
3. I converted the HEVC clips to 4k using QTime player and they are now perfect.
So, my questions.... is this for any tech guru out there...... Im assuming that my 2015 Macbook Air is not powerful enough to run H265/HEVC, 1.6 Ghz i5, which is Ok as I am only a hobbyest and I don't shoot vids for a living, but, i have great 4K 24FPS in H264 which have been shown on TV.  Why did the drone revert to H265 ? I did select d-cinelike for a few vids ? Is this the default in that mode ? I didn't realise that the settings had changed until i played back the videos on my lap top.
It's not a big deal, as I will make sure I have H264 set when i go experimenting tomorrow, but any suggestions/ideas/info would be greatly appreciated.
But, its a great little drone  
Many thanks in advance
2020-5-26
Use props
Gadj8man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19016 ft
United States

Well just mine arrived last Friday.  Since I was playing with the Mini, I left it at work.  Glad I did.  I was patient and got lucky, updated all the batteries, and can’t wait to actually fly it ! Comparing it to Mini!! It’s a beast. So much firmer and substantial.  Can’t wait to put it through its paces.
2020-5-26
Use props
Phantomavic
lvl.1
Ireland

dougjeff Posted at 5-22 06:22
Looks like an amazing piece of equipment!

Can anyone who already got their Air2 tell me if it is possible to select flying in ATTI mode on the Air2?

Hi, i dont think you can select ATTI mode like on the Phantom series etc, but, I have flown mine inside and it works fine without GPS signal, but, REMEMBER REMEMBER REMEMBER, select the 'signal lost' to HOVER and not RTH otherwise there is a possibility that the drone will climb to your pre-selected height if it loses GPS signal and straight into a ceiling !!!!!   
2020-5-27
Use props
Phantomavic
lvl.1
Ireland

Choppy video..... update.....From filming this morning........yep, my 2015 MacBook Air cannot process HEVC H265..... I also found that when in 4K mode, and SMART, when you select above 30FPS it pre-selects HEVC H265 automatically and the H264 option is not there anymore, so, for myself and my steam driven mac, its 4K, 24 or 30 FPS which is WAY MORE than needed, good enough for TV and general hobby photos and videos and crystal clear and smooth playback.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_9ULnbLeHFDdD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I really wish DJI would provide some more information about when Airsense may be fitted into European spec Mavic Air 2 drones with supply chains now starting to recover.
2020-5-27
Use props
dougjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 581073 ft
Canada

Phantomavic Posted at 5-27 02:59
Hi, i dont think you can select ATTI mode like on the Phantom series etc, but, I have flown mine inside and it works fine without GPS signal, but, REMEMBER REMEMBER REMEMBER, select the 'signal lost' to HOVER and not RTH otherwise there is a possibility that the drone will climb to your pre-selected height if it loses GPS signal and straight into a ceiling !!!!!

Thanks for the response.

I have been thinking about ATTI mode in 2 ways:
1) I would like to practice in this mode so that I am competent to fly when this mode is selected due to poor environment. I think this would be better than trying to figure it out in a complex environment.
2) In some places I can imagine flying (eventually) I think GPS will have a lot of issues. Mostly around buildings downtown. In these cases I would prefer to start in ATTI and not worry about flaky GPS signals.

Any other options?

Thanks
Doug
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_Mstb3eSEOcnK
New

United States

Hello, just received my Mavic air 2 and I had one issue. The directional arc at the bottom of the app that tells where the drone is in relation to the controller, stopped working and was replaced with a dashed red arc with a red cell phone with a red line through it. Any ideas?
2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Mstb3eSEOcnK Posted at 5-28 13:01
Hello, just received my Mavic air 2 and I had one issue. The directional arc at the bottom of the app that tells where the drone is in relation to the controller, stopped working and was replaced with a dashed red arc with a red cell phone with a red line through it. Any ideas?

Maybe a signal lost or GPS?
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_OfR01g1kcZir
lvl.1

United States

My dji mavic air 2 overheated after 5-6 min flying . Can you please let me know how to fix & what is the problem ?
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RAPTR Posted at 5-21 04:54

Hi, the Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse is currently not listed on our recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 with the DJI Fly application and this might be the reason why. We highly recommend using a mobile device that was listed on our website to avoid any issues. Thank you!
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pinkbunny324 Posted at 5-22 06:24
That´s very good to know! thanks for the information! Im so excited to get me one for me!!

You are always welcome, please feel free to reach us if you have other inquires or concerns.
2020-5-30
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

georgesdelaethotmail.com Posted at 5-5 01:48
when will be the update for using the dji smart controller with the air 2

yes when is the update for the smart controller and mavic air 2?
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_wGAFaIoWqCxw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 579360 ft
United States

Why the photos in normal mode are blue? It wasn’t like that at the beginning but now the background is very blue?
2020-5-30
Use props
TJVasconcellos
lvl.1

Brazil

Great video about Mavic Air 2....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-dvlZZfmQw
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_wGAFaIoWqCxw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 579360 ft
United States

djiuser_wGAFaIoWqCxw Posted at 5-30 21:59
Why the photos in normal mode are blue? It wasn’t like that at the beginning but now the background is very blue?

Can someone replay?? I don’t want to only shoot with 48mp and smart photo.
2020-6-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

Crashed and lost my Mavic Mini yesterday (the drone lost signal for unknown reason and used automatic return home but i miscalculated the height, and crashed into a cliff)

So, after reading and watching many comparative reviews, it seems the “losing signal” is quite common in the mavic mini due being enhanced wifi, while the mavic air 2 will not have this problem by using different transmission system.

So, now im just waiting to see if DJI offers some kind of promotion or discount to buy the fly more combo for the mavic air 2 hehehe
2020-6-4
Use props
kyrgeorge
lvl.1
Greece

Hello all.
Just received the mavic air2.
I put on the propellers and I noticed that when i hand spin the back left propeller (mark with white) it sounds like the rotor makes a little scratching noise. I switch with another propeller and the sound still remains. (It sounds like that the rotor is somehow scratching inside)
I tested all the other rotors and there is no issue.
Please if any one can check the above, and confirm?
2020-6-4
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Drone Taiwan Posted at 6-4 00:38
Crashed and lost my Mavic Mini yesterday (the drone lost signal for unknown reason and used automatic return home but i miscalculated the height, and crashed into a cliff)
[view_image]

Hi The mavic air 2  fly more combo is discounted already.
If you price each of the items separately that you receive in the bundle, you will see that it adds up to more than 988 USD.
Its a bargain. Buy it or just the drone and then buy the other items as you need it.
2020-6-4
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

ET214 Posted at 6-4 15:03
Hi The mavic air 2  fly more combo is discounted already.
If you price each of the items separately that you receive in the bundle, you will see that it adds up to more than 988 USD.
Its a bargain. Buy it or just the drone and then buy the other items as you need it.

Hi
How are you! Hope all fine

Yea, i didnt look that much detail at the beginning, but you are right, the savings are Like 300 usd by buying the combo,
I will get my paycheck today, so will purchase it later tonight
2020-6-4
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Drone Taiwan Posted at 6-4 16:01
Hi
How are you! Hope all fine

That is good. You won't be sorry. It is a good drone and hopefully will get better with software updates.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules