Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 Unboxing: Ultimate Product Highlights and Features
123456Next >
34216 237 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

cover.jpg

It’s time to take your aerial content to the next level with Mavic Air 2! Empowering creativity in every content creator, Mavic Air 2 features 48MP photos, SmartPhoto, 4K/60fps video, HDR functionality, FocusTrack, up to 34 minutes of flight time, and much more! Join us as we unbox Mavic Air 2 and take a look at all its features.

Mavic Air 2 Unboxing

The following video is an unboxing for the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo:

Inside the Box

Aircraft .png

Aircraft

Remote Controller.png

Remote Controller

Fly More Combo.png

Fly More Combo

• Mavic Air 2 Aircraft ×1
  • Remote Controller ×1
  • Intelligent Flight Battery ×1
  • Low-Noise Propellers ×3 (pairs)
  • RC Cable (USB-C Connector) ×1
  • RC Cable (Lightning Connector) ×1
  • RC Cable (Standard Micro-USB Connector) ×1
  • Control Sticks ×1 (pair)
  • Gimbal Protector ×1
  • Battery Charger ×1
  • Manual ×1
  • AC Power Cable ×1
  • USB 3.0 Type-C ×1
  • Battery Charging Hub (Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo)
  • Battery to Power Bank Adaptor (Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo)
  • Shoulder Bag (Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo)
  • ND Filters Set (ND16/64/256) (Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo)

Highlights and Features

10km 1080p Video Transmission34-Min Max Flight Time
HDR FocusTrack
48MP Photo & 4K/60fps Video8K Hyperlapse

Camera Performance

It’s all in the details. Mavic Air 2 gives you stunning camera features for cinematic footage. Let’s take a look at what it can do.

48MP Photo
From mountains to shimmering reefs, Mavic Air 2 produces stunning photos thanks to a 1/2-inch image sensor that is supported by Quad Bayer technology. You can capture stunning 48MP photos of your favorite shots in crystal-clear resolution.

48MP Photo.png

4K/60fps Video
Mavic Air 2 offers exceptional video at 4K/60 fps, 2.7K/60 fps, and 1080p/240 fps, which is perfect for a content creator looking to improve their craft. D-Cinelike retains excellent details, letting you transform colors like a pro.

4K:60fps Video.gif

HDR Video
This where things start to get interesting. Mavic Air 2 comes with HDR video that is supported by high-performance Quad Bayer technology. Thanks to the sensor architecture, HDR ensures you can capture layered images with exceptional detail and color.

HDR Video.gif

SmartPhoto
Mavic Air 2 features SmartPhoto [1], which integrates HDR, HyperLight, and scene recognition for a perfectly optimized shot. Hyperlight improves photos taken in low-light situations by combining images and removing noise. Scene recognition optimizes camera shooting parameters based on the recognition of the sunset, sky, grass, snow, and trees. HDR uses advanced algorithms to optimize the dynamic range of your image. SmartPhoto provides an intelligent approach to drone photography that makes it easy to take stunning photos.

Smartphoto.png

HDR Panorama
For users looking for an ultra-wide epic shot for a social media thumbnail, article cover, or content reel, Mavic Air 2 delivers DJI’s most advanced panorama mode that impresses with vivid colors and details.

HDR Panorama.jpg

Stabilization

Using DJI’s renowned 3-axis gimbal system, Mavic Air 2 gives you cinematic stabilization even in windy and unstable environments. This means you can get perfect footage no matter how demanding your shot may be.

Cinematic Shots
FocusTrack is an incredibly easy-to-use suite of intelligent shooting modes that give you full control over your cinematic aerial experience.

ActiveTrack 3.0
If you are looking for a drone that follows you around at the same time as filming, Mavic Air 2 can do this while avoiding obstacles using ActiveTrack 3.0. Using DJI’s best tracking technology to date, you can re-identify your subject after they’ve been lost in a high-speed scene, using algorithms to predict their position. Both obstacle avoidance and object recognition have been improved.

ActiveTrack 3.0.gif

Spotlight 2.0
This intelligent flight mode offers you a hassle-free way to keep your subject in the center of the frame while you fly. Simply select your subject and fly, it’s as easy at that!

Spotlight-2.0.gif

POI 3.0
Point of Interest 3.0 uses advanced positioning technology to create an automated flight path and a fixed point that Mavic Air 2 flies around, keeping your subject in the center of the frame. POI 3.0 can also track objects like people, cars, and boats, giving you more options for creative filmmaking.

POI 3.0.gif

8K Hyperlapse
This is an excellent feature for content creators that wish to transform great footage into professional, cinematic scenes. Mavic Air 2 puts time and movement into the palm of your hand, letting you showcase the transition from day to night in the same shot. 8K Hyperlapse is an incredible way to explore your creative narrative, simply select your shooting location, and the app will create an automated scene in seconds! [2] No post-editing is needed, and the possibilities are endless with four different Hyperlapse modes to choose from.

8K Hyperlapse.gif

QuickShots
Every content creator dreams of footage that will light up their social media feed. With just a few taps, QuickShots give you stunning flight sequences that unleash your creative potential. Story templates take everything to the next level with music, special effects, and filters. And thanks to added electronic image stabilization, QuickShots on Mavic Air 2 are smoother and more impressive than ever before.

QuickShots.gif

Flight Performance & Safety

Mavic Air 2 combines a safe flight with impressive flight performance, giving you the confidence to conquer the skies.

OcuSync 2.0
The new generation OcuSync 2.0 offers video transmission up to 10 km as well as delivering a 1080p FHD resolution livestream straight from the drone. [3] The 1080p livestream can be directly edited in the app and shared on social media. There is also reduced interference due to different frequency bands, smoother image transmission with H.265 encoding, and better signal performance compared to previous versions.

OcuSync 2.0.gif

Obstacle Sensing
For the ultimate flight experience, Mavic Air 2 has forward, backward, and downward sensors. In addition to this, an auxiliary light improves vision and safety in poor lighting conditions and helps you land safely.

Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) 3.0
APAS features advanced mapping technology for reliable obstacle avoidance in complex scenarios [4]. The obstacle avoidance is the best DJI currently offers on any of their drones, giving a safer flight experience wherever you are.

Dual-Frequency Flight
Mavic Air 2 is built for any adventure. To improve anti-interference in different shooting environments, 2.4/5.8GHz dual-frequency communication automatically adjusts to a channel with the least interference in real-time during flight. [5]

Battery Life
Thanks to an upgraded propulsion system, Mavic Air 2 offers up to 34 minutes of battery life, so you no longer have to rush to get the perfect shot. Mavic Air 2 offers a longer battery life than the Mavic Air, which means you can fly longer and extend your creative potential.

DJI Fly App

The DJI Fly app offers an incredibly simple user interface for content creators. You can access camera settings, advanced functions, and creative templates that help you capture and share cinematic masterpieces.

DJI Fly App.gif

Accessories

Mavic Air 2 accessories empower creativity in every user.

Remote Controller
The remote controller features an upgraded battery life and an ergonomic design for ultimate comfort when you are shooting. You can attach different smartphones easily using the new clamp, and integrated antennas offer the best possible flight experience.

Controller-1-1068x935.png
ND filters
Mavic Air 2 comes with two ND filter sets that let you control exposure for the perfect shot. The ND 16/64/256 set can be purchased as part of the Fly More Combo and is great for adjusting shutter speeds in harsh lighting conditions, while the ND 4/8/32 set is perfect for shooting bright images with low ISO values.

ND filters.jpg

DJI Care Refresh

DJI Care Refresh is a comprehensive protection plan for DJI products, which is now available for Mavic Air 2. For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh provides up to two replacement units within one year, and covers accidents like water damage and collisions. You also get free two-way shipping and VIP access to DJI technical support. For a full list of details, find out more here.

djicare.jpg
Up Your Game

Content creators, social media users, and aerial photographers will be delighted with Mavic Air 2. Compared to its predecessor, Mavic Air 2 features an improved transmission system, flight time, and more, taking your creative work to the next level. So, now that you’ve unfolded your adventure, it’s time to up your game!

1. Photos taken in SmartPhoto mode have a resolution of 12 MP.
2. 8K resolution can only be used in Free and Waypoint modes.
3. Unobstructed, free of interference, and when FCC compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience. Always fly your drone within your visual line of sight unless otherwise permitted.
4. APAS is are not available while recording in 4K at 60 fps and 1080p at 240 fps. APAS performance is limited while recording in 4K at 50 and 48 fps, as well as 2.7K at 60 fps and 1080p at 120 fps.
5. Due to local policies, some countries do not support 5.8 GHz transmission.

2020-4-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome
2020-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice info!
2020-4-28
Use props
Gijs4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243665 ft
Netherlands

The waypoint mode is that the 2.0 version like in the Mavic 2?
2020-4-28
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Why does it say one battery instead of 3???
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Nice Job, well done

I want one
2020-4-28
Use props
PSlab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42300 ft
United States

What is the Color Depth Bit for the new Mavic Air 2?  Is it 8 or 10?
2020-4-28
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

PSlab Posted at 4-28 08:03

It’s 8bit
2020-4-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice presentation!
2020-4-28
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334662 ft
United States

Sweet and exciting!

1-is it compatible with the DJI white goggles?
2- is there somewhere you can download a full resolution 48mp image to view full res?
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_t0K4yXsA25Z1
New

Australia

Can you change apature and shutter speed in flight
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_t0K4yXsA25Z1 Posted at 4-28 15:21

Just SS....
2020-4-28
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Air 2 has no variable aperture ... so you can only change shutter speed and ISO.
2020-4-28
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Okay, interesting ... I was tempted to add this into my collection, but I think I would always  use my Mavic 2 Pro because of the better picture quality, and I really like to use my Smart Controller, which seems to be not compatible with Air 2.  What I do like are the 4k 60fps and HD 240fps. But I was rarely in a situation where I would have needed it. But anyway - I would look to have it ;)

Great drone - someone looking for a pretty good mid-range package: Go for it.

Me, I will safe the money for later and stick with my Mavic 2 Pro and the two Mavic Mini (don't ask why I have two ... happened somehow ;) ). And I will wait for the Mavic Pro 3 with 4K 120 fps and 8K 60 fps ;)
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Zuhlster Posted at 4-28 13:54
Sweet and exciting!

1-is it compatible with the DJI white goggles?

Hi, there. Mavic air 2 is not compatible with the DJI goggles. And we don't have a full resolution 48mp image to download for now. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. For your information, the shutter can be adjusted with the range of 8s-1/8000s. Apature is fixed f/2.8.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PSlab Posted at 4-28 08:03

Hi, there. The color depth is 24bit. Thanks for your attention.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gijs4 Posted at 4-28 05:54
The waypoint mode is that the 2.0 version like in the Mavic 2?

Hi, there. Waypoint mode is not available for mavic air 2. We care much about your feedback on our product, I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.
2020-4-28
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing info
2020-4-28
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

4K at 60 fps and 1080p at 240 fps & 8K hyperlapse
2020-4-29
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

EMBE Posted at 4-28 21:40
Okay, interesting ... I was tempted to add this into my collection, but I think I would always  use my Mavic 2 Pro because of the better picture quality, and I really like to use my Smart Controller, which seems to be not compatible with Air 2.  What I do like are the 4k 60fps and HD 240fps. But I was rarely in a situation where I would have needed it. But anyway - I would look to have it ;)

Great drone - someone looking for a pretty good mid-range package: Go for it.

I think I am like you, I will wait for the Mavic 3.
2020-4-29
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Seems to be of great value the Fly More Combo!
2020-4-29
Use props
fans52aadc55
New

United States

Pre-Ordered. Not my last drone, But my first! Excited.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_s6CaXHSWv06C
New

Italy

Nice!!!
Just a question..where can I find the list of compatible smartphones? Thank you!
2020-4-29
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Another amazing product by DJI excited for what's next!!
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_s6CaXHSWv06C Posted at 4-29 03:17
Nice!!!
Just a question..where can I find the list of compatible smartphones? Thank you!

Hi,there. Please refer to DJI official website and click 'supported devices' for more information.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
2020-4-29
Use props
Optique Video
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

I want to review this product in French for quebec, canada, I sold 2 already with DJI affiliate and I know more are interested, we need french Canadian reviews  , send me one I'll send back after the review!
2020-4-29
Use props
Gijs4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243665 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 22:40
Hi, there. Waypoint mode is not available for mavic air 2. We care much about your feedback on our product, I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

How to you mean Waypoint mode is not available for Mavic Air 2?
See below printscreen from your own product page:
2020-4-29
Use props
Gary Osborn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35180 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Will any tablets fit the controller or is it just for phones
2020-4-29
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Gijs4 Posted at 4-29 05:22
See below printscreen from your own product page:[view_image]

Waypoints (I think up to 5) are only available in Hyperlapse mode at the moment.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_Lkdj2u7IDVtF
New

United States

I have ordered this Drone, When are they shipping? is there a back order?
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_nWGXwvadYnEr
lvl.1

United States

Do you want to build your own branded custom URL shortnerhttps://tracknlink.pro/ then you have to follow some instruction and you will see that you can easily build your own custom URL shortner. Basically, you think that this process is much harder but I will tell you that It’s very easy to create and cheap, only you will have to purchase the short domain and hosting and you will easily build this. When you buy the short domain then you have full right to create the custom URL.
2020-4-29
Use props
SN47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457021 ft
France

Any update planned to add DJI Fly the capability to use DJI Goggles with at least the Mavic Air 2, and if possible the Mavi Mini ???
2020-4-29
Use props
NatureDigital
Second Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

Wow definitely on my list.
2020-4-29
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 4-28 06:51
Why does it say one battery instead of 3???

Its 3..  Probably just a typo.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_HVZLukMrdQd8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14350 ft
United States

I would like to know if my crystalsky monitor will work with the mavic air w?
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_HVZLukMrdQd8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14350 ft
United States

Mavic Air 2
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gijs4 Posted at 4-29 05:22
See below printscreen from your own product page:[view_image]

Hi, Gijs4. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problem. I didn't make it clear. Mavic air 2 only supports Waypoint as a sub-mode of the Hyperlapse. The aircraft automatically takes photos on a flight path of two to five waypoints and generates a timelapse video. There's no Waypoints function like Mavic 2.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rustic17 Posted at 4-28 06:51
Why does it say one battery instead of 3???

Hi,Rustic17. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've transferred this issue to the corresponding department. Mavic air 2 Fly More Combo provides 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries in total. Please check detailed list in DJI store: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2?vid=91101
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SN47 Posted at 4-29 11:51
Any update planned to add DJI Fly the capability to use DJI Goggles with at least the Mavic Air 2, and if possible the Mavi Mini ???

Hi, SN47. Mavic air 2 is not compatible with DJI Goggles.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
2020-4-29
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules