So, when will they be shipped?
2020-5-5
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

EMBE Posted at 4-28 21:40
Okay, interesting ... I was tempted to add this into my collection, but I think I would always  use my Mavic 2 Pro because of the better picture quality, and I really like to use my Smart Controller, which seems to be not compatible with Air 2.  What I do like are the 4k 60fps and HD 240fps. But I was rarely in a situation where I would have needed it. But anyway - I would look to have it ;)

Great drone - someone looking for a pretty good mid-range package: Go for it.

I can see your viewpoint.
2020-5-5
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 22:28
Hi, there. For your information, the shutter can be adjusted with the range of 8s-1/8000s. Apature is fixed f/2.8.[view_image]

Wow 8 seconds.  You could just about do astronomy with it.
2020-5-5
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_Lkdj2u7IDVtF Posted at 4-29 08:04
I have ordered this Drone, When are they shipping? is there a back order?

Start shipping on May 11.
2020-5-5
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

Only a few days until shipment starts!
2020-5-5
Use props
MaW-06
New

China

Hey guys, do you know if the remote controller of Mavic Air 1 can also be used for Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-7
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Super excited to try Spotlight 2.0 and POI 3.0...those look great!
2020-5-7
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

want one, but first, MP2
2020-5-8
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878471 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the Air 2 has Gesture control like the original ?
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_0xgmzxzlacSk
New

Thailand

I got my mavic air 2 yesterday. It work well several flights today. Then i take off again at another place, 2 minutes after take off with 3 meter height and 4 meters distance, my mavic air 2 rolling and falling down to ground i dont know why. I need the claim replacement but have to talk with service support about this.
2020-5-9
Use props
Dee Knight
New

United States

Still no update on shipping dates? Been processing since the 28th
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_qQPnJvYVLAOF
lvl.1

United States

Dee Knight Posted at 5-9 16:30

Just checked 10:30pmPST 5/9 and says partially shipped , bought the air 2 fly more combo with the DJI care refresh. Hopefully partially shipped means the drone
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_qQPnJvYVLAOF
lvl.1

United States

Dee Knight Posted at 5-9 16:30

Just checked 10:30pmPST 5/9 and says partially shipped , bought the air 2 fly more combo with the DJI care refresh. Hopefully partially shipped means the drone
2020-5-9
Use props
robr-a-c.com.au
New
Flight distance : 1650 ft
Australia

I noticed no dedicated zoom. But is there a function in the app that you get a digital zoom to view closer. I use a P4+ atm for livestock. But still spooks them when you get close. Also do have the low dba props which have worked well.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_CMHBE9MiBIMO
New

France

Will the new FPV DJI headphones be compatible with the new Mavic air 2?
2020-5-9
Use props
Dudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 584734 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been close to ordering  the combo pack for the last couple of days, but I wanted to check up on the features of the drone first and I'm glad I came across this post before I hit the order button. I've decided not to buy at this moment for these reasons:

1)The CE certification, this needs to be sorted first. I understand it's not so much DJI's fault & more the EU, but I don't want to spend a grand on a drone that will be restricted in 2 or 3 years time.
2) No flight plan ability. Even my old Bebop 2 has this function, and it's one I use quite a lot. I'm disappointed this functionality is missing from a drone as capable as the Air 2.
3) No gesture control, unlike its predecessor. Not a big issue, but would have been nice.
4) DJI's Customer Service. I bought my first DJI drone a couple of weeks ago, the Mavic Mini, and while I'm more than impressed with the drone so far, on one of its first flights a plastic cover came off one of the rear legs. No big issue, but it's not what you want on a brand new product so I contacted customer service. So far, they responded within a couple of days to ask if I had crashed the drone, since then I've heard nothing until today when I've had an email asking me to wait to hear from another department.

At the moment I use my Bebop for flight plans & when there is heavier wind, otherwise I'll use my mini for better image quality & mobility. I've been looking at the Air 2 to do both those jobs. If / When they sort out the certification and add the ability to plan flights, then I'll be ordering one.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_FzUoq2HbRUFD
lvl.1
United States

Good info. Is there a way to record sound onto the micro card while shooting video?
2020-5-10
Use props
Nomad Drone
New
United States

Is the new Air 2 compatible with my Smart Controller?
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_qQPnJvYVLAOF
lvl.1

United States

Nomad Drone Posted at 5-11 08:41
Is the new Air 2 compatible with my Smart Controller?

As it currently stand no it isn’t.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_CyZPG458WJtb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87267 ft
United States

Good drone My opinion is Dji should readjust the price to those who do not have AIRSENSE because, users who are paying for something they do not have in other countries such as Europe and Latin America.
mi opinion es que Dji debe reajustar el precio a los que no tienen AIRSENSE porque, usuarios que estan pagando por algo que no tiene en otros paises como europa y latinoamerica.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_R6RxGtWoN2XB
lvl.1

Chile

Does anyone know the box dimensions and weight for the mavic air 2 fly more combo?
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_HrCcSVuVkvRH
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

I just received the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo today. I opened the sealed box and noticed that there is some missing parts: RC Cable (Micro USB Connector), RC Cable (USB-C Connector), Communication Cable USB-C, ND Filters Set and the Battery to Power Bank Adapter. Right now I can not use the drone because I use an Android phone and can not charge the controller because of the missing cables. Will try with my own cables. I contacted DJI and they told me to fix the issue with the reseller.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_HrCcSVuVkvRH
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

djiuser_HrCcSVuVkvRH Posted at 5-11 12:51
I just received the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo today. I opened the sealed box and noticed that there is some missing parts: RC Cable (Micro USB Connector), RC Cable (USB-C Connector), Communication Cable USB-C, ND Filters Set and the Battery to Power Bank Adapter. Right now I can not use the drone because I use an Android phone and can not charge the controller because of the missing cables. Will try with my own cables. I contacted DJI and they told me to fix the issue with the reseller.

Never mind... All the "missing items" were on a zipper pocket on the top part of the bag. My bad.
2020-5-11
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

Dudge Posted at 5-10 05:40
I've been close to ordering  the combo pack for the last couple of days, but I wanted to check up on the features of the drone first and I'm glad I came across this post before I hit the order button. I've decided not to buy at this moment for these reasons:

1)The CE certification, this needs to be sorted first. I understand it's not so much DJI's fault & more the EU, but I don't want to spend a grand on a drone that will be restricted in 2 or 3 years time.

DJI have had plenty of oppertunities to clearly state that the drone you could by today have a C1 certification but they have not.  
They have said that it will comply to the EU rulesets and comply with the C1 certification, which it of course will, but to be certified as a C1 classified drone to be used in A1 category it has to be delivered as such when you buy it.

If you need a C1 drone then you can not buy it today.  

When the new rules are in force you would need to either use it under a licence for A2 category or use it under the A3 category with a licence for A1/A3 category, it weighs 70gr to much to be used under A1 category without a drone C1 certification.  

You wont be able to bring it with you to the beach to film you or your family unless you have A2 licence and the closest range to other people are 50 meters and that restriction is not coming 2 or 3 years it is coming directly when the new ruleset comes into force, if you would like to use it to film birds in the citypark it is a no-go with the same exception I wrote formerly.   

DJI have also had plenty of oppertunerties to say otherwise, they have stated that it will be able to operate under the upcoming rulesets.

DJI have not said when you will be able to buy a C1 certified drone.

2020-5-11
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Looks really cool.  I want one
2020-5-11
Use props
maven4336
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619974 ft
United States

Hope everyone is getting there phones to hook up, reading many threads on Mavic app ,
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_JNwA7VB2JTMY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240476 ft
Canada

Hi, what's the highest SD card write speed speced? I wanted to make sure I can use it for 4K 60fps and 1080p 240pfs. Any brand and model to recommend?

Thanks.
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_xvX9mVwDnUsU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17037 ft
United States

Air 2 buyer..... I'm desperately looking for the LIVE STREAM button!!!!!!!!!! When I find it I'll know I bought the PERFECT drone!!!!
2020-5-12
Use props
Ethan.QQ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16978 ft

China

2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_L5ZcEwDVoY0f
New

Australia

Hey, I was wondering if the new Mavic Air 2 can live broadcast to Facebook. Cheers
2020-5-13
Use props
fans12623565
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys. I purchased the new Air 2. Got a little problem. When the low battery return to home pops up on screen. It says " low battery returning to home" but nothing happens. It doesn't return. I have to click the return to home button. Does the Air 2 not have the auto return to home feature? Cheers
2020-5-13
Use props
jimmyyarielgmail.com
New

Puerto Rico

I got problems to connect controler to phone and mavic air 2
2020-5-13
Use props
Mammuto
New
United States

Hey can I shoot 21:9 videos? don't see anywhere can change ratio
2020-5-13
Use props
Gordon HayC
lvl.1

United States

I just got my Mavic air 2 and can someone tell me where the cable is for connecting my i phone to the controller
two cables came with the set up and neither one works on the phone...thank you Gordon

2020-5-13
Use props
Nicoloacute Piccolomini
New

Italy

Can I connect the DJI Goggles to my Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-14
Use props
Nicoloacute Piccolomini
New

Italy

Can I connect the DJI Goggles to my Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-14
Use props
Lucian Vaduva
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59114 ft
Germany

Is there anyone from Europe that can confirm that the AirSense its activated and working? I am from Romania and I can't manage to see any kind of notification or warning from this service, considering there is an airport at 2km nearby and also emergency helicopters fly all day long over my area.

DJI Mavic Air 2 review
2020-5-14
Use props
Gordon HayC
lvl.1

United States

Gordon HayC Posted at 5-13 22:45
I just got my Mavic air 2 and can someone tell me where the cable is for connecting my i phone to the controller
two cables came with the set up and neither one works on the phone...thank you Gordon

anyone please thank you
2020-5-14
Use props
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Gordon HayC Posted at 5-14 08:24
anyone please thank you

One user reported that he thought cables were missing, but he then found them in the zip pouch of the carry bag?
2020-5-14
Use props
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Lucian Vaduva Posted at 5-14 08:07
Is there anyone from Europe that can confirm that the AirSense its activated and working? I am from Romania and I can't manage to see any kind of notification or warning from this service, considering there is an airport at 2km nearby and also emergency helicopters fly all day long over my area.

DJI Mavic Air 2 review

I take it you missed all the discussion in the run up to the EU / UK launch then? There's no AirSense at all in the first batch of Air 2's outside of North America I'm afraid.

They said that it'll be added to other regions 'in the Summer', but you won't find it on the launch version in your region.
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules