mini or air2?
980 5 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flying toaster
lvl.1
Denmark

Hello im looking to get into flying drones and i was going to buy the mini but now im seeing that the air2 have been realeased and is within my budget, should i go for it?
BTW ive never flown a drone.
2020-4-28
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

In my opinion, the major difference is the weight, the Mavic Mini is 249g take off weight. Anything over 250g take off weight, like the Mavic air 2 means that you have to register your drone with the FAA and tell them your information. And in Canada where I live, you also have to take a drone pilot exam which I think you also have to do in the US
2020-4-28
Use props
flying toaster
lvl.1
Denmark

AidanDroneFan Posted at 4-28 05:43
In my opinion, the major difference is the weight, the Mavic Mini is 249g take off weight. Anything over 250g take off weight, like the Mavic air 2 means that you have to register your drone with the FAA and tell them your information. And in Canada where I live, you also have to take a drone pilot exam which I think you also have to do in the US

so maybe buy the mini, get used to it and see if i like it and then maybe upgrade to the air2 later?
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would buy the mini and keep it, even if you decide on an Air2  later. It's always a good idea to have a light drone that in many places does not require registration.
2020-4-28
Use props
flying toaster
lvl.1
Denmark

Ok, thx everyone for the responses, i've decided im going to order to mavic mini based on reviews and what you guys said.
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

flying toaster Posted at 4-28 10:28
Ok, thx everyone for the responses, i've decided im going to order to mavic mini based on reviews and what you guys said.

She's a blast to fly.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules