Is anyone using the SDK controller with RTK
6090 11 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Heyman
lvl.2
United States

Is anyone using the SDK controller with RTK? If so what software are you using and what display device are you using?
Single SelectVote, Total 22 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

54.55% (12)
22.73% (5)
22.73% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-4-28
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-4-29
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

mbuonanno Posted at 4-29 00:17
**** The posts are shielded ****

Hi Jason,

at present these are the APPs compatible with the SDK RC:

DJI GS Pro  (iOS)
    DJI Pilot  (Android only)

Third-party apps can be compatible but I do not think that all RTK functionalities are available.
- Drones Made Easy  (only with DJI SDK remote from Drones Made Easy ?)

Map Pilot for DJI  (iOS)
    Map Pilot for DJI - Business  (iOS)
    Map Pilot Lite (iOS)

- Dronedeploy

SPH Engineering is testing its UgCS  (D-RTK2 compatible).

For more details read the folowing  Forum thread: SDK Remote info for P4R

Cheers,
Maurizio
2020-6-16
Use props
Euis
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Jason, I have been using my iPad with GSPro on it. It can be used to record RTK grade positions. It does not create the /survey folder with data for post-processing.
2020-6-17
Use props
TxRPLS
lvl.2

United States

Euis Posted at 6-17 22:31
Hi Jason, I have been using my iPad with GSPro on it. It can be used to record RTK grade positions. It does not create the /survey folder with data for post-processing.

Same experience for me. I have not tested with an android yet, I flew mine using the RoboDot base station by Robota. I did not use the D-RTK 2
2020-6-20
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3543 ft
United States

mbuonanno Posted at 6-16 01:37
Hi Jason,

at present these are the APPs compatible with the SDK RC:

Some potential good news. I emailed tech support at SPH Eng., the makers of UgCS software about P4 RTK support with the DJI SDK controller and below is their response I recieved back today.

"Dmitriy Santaev commented:

Hello. Thank you for contacting UgCS support.
DJI Phantom 4 RTK will be supported soon. For right now, UgCS supports Matrice 210 RTK.
It is expected to release UgCS for DJI version compatible with Phantom 4 RTK SDK controller in June."

Since we are nearing the end of June, seems like this should be ready anytime now. Fingers crossed.

Robert
2020-6-22
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

Euis Posted at 6-17 22:31
Hi Jason, I have been using my iPad with GSPro on it. It can be used to record RTK grade positions. It does not create the /survey folder with data for post-processing.

So with no /survey folder PPK is impossible.

Due to limited internet access, I can't fly RTK at many sites. But without an RCTM correction the Phantom 4 RTK doesn't appear to correct for non-standard pressure days, meaning the drone flies higher or lower than the programmed altitude. Without internet this drone seems quite useless.  I know I can solve this with a known point and D-RTK but getting a known point is pretty hard to do without internet and D-RTK is not user friendly.

I don't know if the SDK controller fixes the non-standard pressure issue. Now I need to know if any third party app writes to the survey folder.
2020-6-27
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3543 ft
United States

For those of you who have the DJI SDK Controller for the Phantom 4 RTK, it looks like the guys who make UgCS have released a beta that supports it now.

Dmitriy Santaev commented:

Hi Robert!
Check out UgCS for DJI Beta.
https://www.ugcs.com/beta-ugcs-for-dji-2-25-2
Please use it with caution as it’s still in experimental stage.

Best Regards,
Dmitriy Santaev
Tech support engineer.
SPH Engineering
www.sph-engineering.com
www.ugcs.com
2020-7-8
Use props
fans31104d30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

I'm using the P4RTK with and SDK controller and iPad. The problem is that, for some strange reason, the P4RTK does not produce a Survey folder with the necessary files for PPK. I had to buy an Android tablet and use DJi Pilot to be able to get the "Survey" folder. It would be so great if DJi could produce a unified app to use with a premium priced drone....
MapPilot works great with P4RTK and the SDK controller using an iPad. However it will cost 300 USdls to unlock the RTK features. The app is a lot better than any app from DJi. The only con is that we will not get the "Survey" folder also. The RTK data will be embedded in the photos as exif info. To use MapPilot we only need to start the RTK flow in GS Pro. After we can close GS Pro and make everything in MapPilot.
2020-9-7
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
France

Hi
Check Map Pilot on iOS.
2020-9-8
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

jivago Posted at 9-8 18:28
Hi
Check Map Pilot on iOS.

From the comment above and elsewhere you don't get a survey folder with an iPad and SDK controller.  Are you seeing something different?
2020-9-9
Use props
fans31104d30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

Hi jivago. MapPilot it's what I'm using. However it can not work with NTrip Casters because of a conflict with some TCP/UDP ports, mainly 2101 which is used by many casters. It works great with the  DJi's DRTK2 Antenna.
Skyveyor112, the photos, using MapPilot or GS Pro in an iPad, are organized as simple image files inside a common DCIM folder such as in the Mavic 2 Pro or Phantom 4 Pro. However they have the updated location data by RTK inside the EXIF info. The main problem is that you have no information for Post Processing Kinematics if you are not satisfied with the direct RTK data. I'm using and Android Tablet, the SDK Remote and DJi Pilot to be able to get the Survey folder. It's a huge drawback im many things from MapPilot - probably the best flight planning app for Dji's UAV's.
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules