Osmo Mobile 3 hissing noise on two new devices
2969 7 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YYYZ
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

I bought two Osmo Mobile 3 devices and I noticed that both of them make the same noise either when I touch the phone to change the settings (very light touch) or when I move around normally, the noise gets into the video all the time so it ruins it.  I tested with 3 different devices without a case and with. Balanced all of them %100 vertically and horizantally.

Can people who own an OSMO Mobile 3 confirm if this is normal? I am not sure if the latest upgrade did this as I just got both of my units and I am extremley dissappointed. I saw one post before about the issue and DJI gave general responses and didn't get back to the users who reported it.

I found this video on youtube that shows the same noise:

2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi YYYZ, it is normal that the gimbal makes a hissing sound when it gets touched as the motor needs to keep its balance. But if it is too loud, you may send in the units for diagnosis. If needed, please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2020-4-29
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I have no noise in mine at all
2020-4-29
Use props
YYYZ
lvl.1

Canada

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 4-29 21:48
I have no noise in mine at all

Thank you for confirming, I think I am going to return both units and refrain from buying them since both units were brand new and they have this noise, sending them for repairs  will probably have the same outcome, I was excited for few minutes when I got them lol
2020-4-30
Use props
alk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889423 ft
United States

YYYZ Posted at 4-30 06:59
Thank you for confirming, I think I am going to return both units and refrain from buying them since both units were brand new and they have this noise, sending them for repairs  will probably have the same outcome, I was excited for few minutes when I got them lol

No this is completely normal sound when the motors are under a lot of stress they make this noise. Mine functions just fine and makes this noise when the motors are touched or under stress.
2020-5-3
Use props
YYYZ
lvl.1

Canada

alk Posted at 5-3 18:37
No this is completely normal sound when the motors are under a lot of stress they make this noise. Mine functions just fine and makes this noise when the motors are touched or under stress.

I am actually confused since some users are saying this is normal and others are saying it is not, 2 units have the same noise. My issue is the noise is noticeable in the videos

I balanced the phones 100%  with calibration, tried 4 different phones without cases. Why would the motors be under stress if I am not doing anything special and moving slowly, maybe I am doing something wrong since this is my first gimbal, does yours pickup alot of background noise? I noticed that the mic is too sensitive when using the mimo app.
2020-5-3
Use props
alk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889423 ft
United States

YYYZ Posted at 5-3 19:32
I am actually confused since some users are saying this is normal and others are saying it is not, 2 units have the same noise. My issue is the noise is noticeable in the videos

I balanced the phones 100%  with calibration, tried 4 different phones without cases. Why would the motors be under stress if I am not doing anything special and moving slowly, maybe I am doing something wrong since this is my first gimbal, does yours pickup alot of background noise? I noticed that the mic is too sensitive when using the mimo app.

That noise only occurs while you are poking your phone or the motors right? You are putting pressure on it and that's the sound it makes when you do that.

For regular use mine is completely silent.
2020-5-3
Use props
YYYZ
lvl.1

Canada

alk Posted at 5-3 20:44
That noise only occurs while you are poking your phone or the motors right? You are putting pressure on it and that's the sound it makes when you do that.

For regular use mine is completely silent.

It occurs when I am taking a video but it is intermittent, the light touching part should be normal since the motors are trying to balance ( I don't usually touch it while operating)

When it is operating, can you put your ear closer to the monitor and try to hear if it is making noises? Mine does record lots of background noise and also the hissing when it occurs. I am going to send it for repairs but the fact that two brand new units act the same is very odd.

Thanks again.
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules