The Crystal Sky officially will not work with the Mavic Air 2
7751 31 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All,

Well, I just heard that the Crystal Sky officially will not be compatible with the new Mavic Air 2 as the Mavic Air 2 will work on the DJI Fly software platform. So the question is where does this leave us Crystal Sky users?

So much for the DJI Fly software being a "starter basic software package” for the Mavic Mini. That's what they told us the reason was to create the new software because as DJI put it, “They wanted a basic software”with not all the controls of the DJI Go 4 software.   
Well now that they decided that their new intermediate drone will be using the same software. So much for that explanation that they gave us!

I am not buying this new drone. If a company does not stand behind it's customers and their products, what good is the company and how can we trust a company like this?

What happened to DJI? They used to be a half way decent company?

2020-4-28
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

DJI lies like all Chinese... they can stick their products up their wet market...  I won't be wasting any money on any more DJI or Chinese garbage...
2020-4-28
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

I can now slowly imagine that more drones will fly with the fly app and the DJI Go APP will slowly run out. One more reason to sell the Crystalsky and end this tiresome topic.
Also no new EU classifications on the Air 2, no Air Sense! I don't buy the drone either and wait and see.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jazzyjeff. Crystalsky is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We care much about your feedback on our product, I've transferred your feedback to our engineers. Thanks for your advice.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-28 23:13
I can now slowly imagine that more drones will fly with the fly app and the DJI Go APP will slowly run out. One more reason to sell the Crystalsky and end this tiresome topic.
Also no new EU classifications on the Air 2, no Air Sense! I don't buy the drone either and wait and see.

Hi, Sascha.ES.

Mavic Air 2 does bear CE marking. And it matches the new regulation of EASA. The max transmission distance is 6km under CE standard. Please rest assured to use it in compliance with local regulations.

Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. Currently, we are working hard on promoting the AirSense technology globally.

Crystalsky is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We care much about your feedback on our product, I've transferred your feedback to our engineers. Thanks for your advice.
2020-4-28
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 23:58
Hi, Sascha.ES.

Mavic Air 2 does bear CE marking. And it matches the new regulation of EASA. The max transmission distance is 6km under CE standard. Please rest assured to use it in compliance with local regulations.

I would rather have an answer if the FLY APP will ever be available on the Crystalsky!
2020-4-29
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-28 23:13
I can now slowly imagine that more drones will fly with the fly app and the DJI Go APP will slowly run out. One more reason to sell the Crystalsky and end this tiresome topic.
Also no new EU classifications on the Air 2, no Air Sense! I don't buy the drone either and wait and see.

Sacha,

It may be tiresome to you but when you spend anywhere from $600 to $2000 bucks on a tablet that DJI said would work with all their drones and it in fact does not, that my friend is fraud. Maybe you are independently wealthy and that much money is not an issue for you? I don't know but I will tell you that if you were not the victim of this you will be. Trust me, this is only the beginning with this company.
2020-4-29
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-29 09:24
I would rather have an answer if the FLY APP will ever be available on the Crystalsky!

No chance, the DJI Fly App is a 64 Bit program therefore it works with only certain phones and tablets. If you use a tablet than you have to put up with the dim screens again which is the reason we all bought the Crystal Sky in the first place.
2020-4-29
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 23:54
Hi, Jazzyjeff. Crystalsky is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We care much about your feedback on our product, I've transferred your feedback to our engineers. Thanks for your advice.

Ok Gamora,

Question , the DJI Smart Controller and the Crystal Sky are both 32 bit architecture and therefore will not run the DJI Fly software for the Mavic Mini. How is it that you guys are going to be launching compatibility with the Mavic Air 2 if the software (DJI Fly) the Mavic Air 2 uses is 64 bit software? Are you going to make the Mavic Air 2 compatible with DJI Go4 which is in the Smart controller as well as the Crystal Sky? If so, why can't you support the Mavic Mini with the DJI Go 4 like I have been saying from the start?
2020-4-29
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

In the end, the only remaining option is to use the Crystalsky with the drones that are supported.

But at some point, the monitor will no longer have any value.

The Smart Controller is an alternative, but has only a small display. Well...
2020-4-29
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Don't waste your time... DJI are arrogant bunch who don't care about their customers...
I have given up on the CS getting any decent updates... the last firmware update is designed to shorten the life of the CrystalSky with an attempt and DJI hope for people who's CS fail, that they might be gullible enough go and buy the SC...

All I'm hoping for now is with the world wide boycott of Chinese made products because of the chinese virus pandemic, that it will lead to DJI being one of the first companies to close forever.
2020-4-29
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 23:58
Hi, Sascha.ES.

Well, thats only half of the truth..
To be really EASA compliant it will need EASA manufacturer drone certifying , which will get it a classification like C1. After this the manufacturer can add the needed classification sticker on the drone body.
As the Air 2 is not certfied it will be obsolete after the transition period has ended Jan 1st 2023.
Luckily the start of the EASA rules has been set back from Juli 20 to Jan 21 due of Covit-19.  So that gives it an addition 6 month of legal lifetime ;)
2020-4-30
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Coyut Posted at 4-30 00:39
Well, thats only half of the truth..
To be really EASA compliant it will need EASA manufacturer drone certifying , which will get it a classification like C1. After this the manufacturer can add the needed classification sticker on the drone body.
As the Air 2 is not certfied it will be obsolete after the transition period has ended Jan 1st 2023.

Half truth from DJI mob is still half more than usually given...
They don't care if the MA2 is redundant in 6 months, I'm sure they'll have a new UAV out for the suckers to spend their money to make it (temporarily) "legal"...
In 6 months the MA2 will be about as supported as the CrystalSky...
2020-4-30
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I'm another early adopter of the CrystalSky tablet who has been burned by DJI and now has an expensive paperweight. Sad thing is that DJI rolled out the last CrystalSky firmware which disabled your ability to sideload any apps which prevents you from using the tablet with another drone manufacturer. In other words, they make sure to obsolete the product plus keep you from using it elsewhere. DJI really screwed us with this tablet.

CrystalSky = 32bit

New Fly apps = 64bit
2020-5-2
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Boycott DJI
2020-5-2
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

I sold my Ultra. I will wait for a while now, buy a Smart Controller and an external monitor with Lifthor SC PCO holder. Then I am more independent.
2020-5-3
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 5-2 09:23
I'm another early adopter of the CrystalSky tablet who has been burned by DJI and now has an expensive paperweight. Sad thing is that DJI rolled out the last CrystalSky firmware which disabled your ability to sideload any apps which prevents you from using the tablet with another drone manufacturer. In other words, they make sure to obsolete the product plus keep you from using it elsewhere. DJI really screwed us with this tablet.

CrystalSky = 32bit

Hugh,

I am getting mixed information in ref to the new firmware. Some are saying that you are still able to load Apk files? I did not upgrade my 5.5. and i do not plan on it at this time.
2020-5-8
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-29 12:42
In the end, the only remaining option is to use the Crystalsky with the drones that are supported.

But at some point, the monitor will no longer have any value.

The Smart Controller is actually less compatible than the Crystal Sky. The Smart Controller will only work with Ocusync 2 copters and that's it. It will not work with any straight WIFI copters. That makes the controller work with only a couple of birds.  Bottom line is thats a lot of money to work with only a couple of devices?
2020-5-10
Use props
thelittledrone
lvl.2
Colombia

jazzyjeff Posted at 5-10 19:14
The Smart Controller is actually less compatible than the Crystal Sky. The Smart Controller will only work with Ocusync 2 copters and that's it. It will not work with any straight WIFI copters. That makes the controller work with only a couple of birds.  Bottom line is thats a lot of money to work with only a couple of devices?

Hello ,
Not the same subject but you seems to be an expert and maybe you will get the answer :

I did the CristalSky update to 03.00.02.00 and I am looking to disable the remote controller from charging the CristalSky.

It seems it is impossible right now meanwhile it never happen before the update.
Before the update the remote controller was not charging the battery of the crystal sky and everything was working well.

Right now I can't even fly safely two batteries on my Mavic 2 Pro because the remote controller battery drain so fast.

Can you help ?

Thanks
2020-5-14
Use props
thelittledrone
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 23:54
Hi, Jazzyjeff. Crystalsky is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We care much about your feedback on our product, I've transferred your feedback to our engineers. Thanks for your advice.

Hello ,
Not the same subject but you seems to be an expert and maybe you will get the answer :

I did the CristalSky update to 03.00.02.00 and I am looking to disable the remote controller from charging the CristalSky.

It seems it is impossible right now meanwhile it never happen before the update.
Before the update the remote controller was not charging the battery of the crystal sky and everything was working well.

Right now I can't even fly safely two batteries on my Mavic 2 Pro because the remote controller battery drain so fast.

Can you help ?

Thanks
2020-5-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-29 09:24
I would rather have an answer if the FLY APP will ever be available on the Crystalsky!

Cant run a 64 Bit App on a 32 Bit processor.

Would need a Emulator and it would run like Cr@p

2020-5-14
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

mAIRs Posted at 4-28 21:04
DJI lies like all Chinese... they can stick their products up their wet market...  I won't be wasting any money on any more DJI or Chinese garbage...

most likely australian imports from china will grow and not decrease, same for australian exports cause otherwise australian companies will suffer ... and  I guess a lot more than the chinese by the simple fact that 1400 Millionen have a much higher impace on demand than a handfull australians.

Where will you get a better, non chinese product ?

Nowhere cause all tech products use chinese components and these use australian copper and other ores like gold and so on.

Good luck with your search for a non chinese drone but I guess you will be grounded forever.
We had done a research of the supply chain of the european car manufacturers and no one gets along without china but also China not without our tech.

It was your decision to buy the crytal sky where reviewers had warned from the beginning that it can be outdated and cut off from newer app version as they had predicted for the smart controller too.

Instead of complaining sell it quickly cause now you find a fan for such product for sure - at least in europe ...  
2020-5-14
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

jazzyjeff Posted at 5-10 19:14
The Smart Controller is actually less compatible than the Crystal Sky. The Smart Controller will only work with Ocusync 2 copters and that's it. It will not work with any straight WIFI copters. That makes the controller work with only a couple of birds.  Bottom line is thats a lot of money to work with only a couple of devices?

Had never been different, right?

They never anounced a support for the mini ... they were just considering and I did not buy any other stuff except those that worked for my current setup ... like the DJI goggles racing edition that might be outdated somewhere in the future but dji also can not afford to build goggles that do not sell very well ...
Abandon the addons before they get outdated is always a good decision cause afterwards you will pay the bill by a higher depriviation.
If you purchased cheap it can work out any way like I got my goggles racing edition for 375€ .... brand new and a complete air unit for 100€ and that works great for me with the Mavic 2 Pro and RC fighter planes and gliders in both ways, digital with the air unit and also with analog signal coming from the cams on the gliders ... That is 3 in 1 solution for 475€ and I will ever get my money back as long as the system work.
2020-5-15
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

typxxi Posted at 5-14 23:53
most likely australian imports from china will grow and not decrease, same for australian exports cause otherwise australian companies will suffer ... and  I guess a lot more than the chinese by the simple fact that 1400 Millionen have a much higher impace on demand than a handfull australians.

Where will you get a better, non chinese product ?

Sir, i disagree with your assessment. I was told by their sales people in China via on line chat that it would be supported with future drones. Thats what they said. I never saw any such review back than that said what you are saying but maybe I missed it?
2020-5-15
Use props
thelittledrone
lvl.2
Colombia

DON T UPDATE TO THE LAST VERSION (V3.0.2.0)

AFTER THE UPDATE :
For the use of one Mavic 2 pro battery :
The remote controller is draining 30% of his own battery and the CS screen battery was draining only 10% of his own battery.

BEFORE THE UPDATE :
For the use of one Mavic 2 pro battery :
The remote controller was draining only 10% of his own battery and the CS screen battery was draining only 10% of his own battery.

Today for the first time ever I have seen an alert on my CS monitor : "CS is too hot. Cool down the monitor to prevent overheating". The last update was suppose to optimized the performance of CrystalSky in high-temperature environments. I just flew two battery this morning and I get this alert message.

It seems that they have deleted the last update (V3.0.2.0) from their official page https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/crystalsky

I am in touch with DJI support, as usual very polite but without an efficient solution until now; I will update this post as soon as I will receive news...

Any similar cases?
2020-5-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

thelittledrone Posted at 5-23 11:28
DON T UPDATE TO THE LAST VERSION (V3.0.2.0)

AFTER THE UPDATE :

That is terrible with the overheating! Mine has never done that and I live in Florida.
That's bad when they are no longer offering the update? I am so glad, thanks to Mairs, that I stayed away from that update.  Wow!

The worst part is that they dont even let you go back to a previous version! There used to be a 3rd party site with all the prior DJI firmware versions. I wonder if this site would include the Crystal Sky?
I hope you are able to do a downgrade or something. That ability changed after the last update DJI put out. Prior versions allowed downgrading.

2020-6-5
Use props
Paddy Ryan
New

United States

Then I won't be buying one - I spent more money on my crystal sky and mounting bracket than this thing costs new - what a totally ridiculous marketing decision - DJI you should be ashamed of yourselves
2020-7-5
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 6-5 05:25
That is terrible with the overheating! Mine has never done that and I live in Florida.
That's bad when they are no longer offering the update? I am so glad, thanks to Mairs, that I stayed away from that update.  Wow!

They took the ability to downgrade the Crystal Sky out with the latest upgrade. I am so glad i did not fall for the so called update. DJI should be ashamed of itself. Terrible Customer Care! For those of you that spent nearly 2000 bucks on the super bright screen model, I feel your pain and am sorry for you.
2020-8-5
Use props
Bassie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Netherlands

If you take the customer seriously you make sure there is a fly app for the Mavic Air 2. Otherwise it is a worthless expensive device and company !!! We can name reasons why we can't, but it's software so Dji can do anything if they Want.
2020-9-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Bassie Posted at 9-18 09:30
If you take the customer seriously you make sure there is a fly app for the Mavic Air 2. Otherwise it is a worthless expensive device and company !!! We can name reasons why we can't, but it's software so Dji can do anything if they Want.

That's just it,,,they dont want to so they want us American suckers to go out and buy another DJI product that wont be supported.
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_CTFn7pukqgCj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4772267 ft
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 2020-4-29 11:34
Sacha,

It may be tiresome to you but when you spend anywhere from $600 to $2000 bucks on a tablet that DJI said would work with all their drones and it in fact does not, that my friend is fraud. Maybe you are independently wealthy and that much money is not an issue for you? I don't know but I will tell you that if you were not the victim of this you will be. Trust me, this is only the beginning with this company.

Yup scammed me also, as a matter of fact I have several DJI product up for sale. Autel Evo 2 pro ! That’s my new drone of choice.
2022-4-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_CTFn7pukqgCj Posted at 4-21 04:27
Yup scammed me also, as a matter of fact I have several DJI product up for sale. Autel Evo 2 pro ! That’s my new drone of choice.

Good choice. I switched to Skydio and Autel. They both have USA customer support and Skydio is made in the USA!
2022-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules