Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2, USB-C Charging?
17617 7 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6b0fb5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55164 ft
United States

Anyone seen a youtube review or anywhere that mentions the power ability of the USB-C port on the Air 2? On the previous Air, the port was physically not able to charge but sync only.

Hopefully DJI put in the ability to charge from the USB-C port as it was much requested with the first Air.

2020-4-28
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

You can't charge through the port on the drone.  
2020-4-28
Use props
fansa6b0fb5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55164 ft
United States

Too bad they didn't listen.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansa6b0fb5c. Thanks for your attention. Battery can not be charged from the USB-C port. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Users can connect the battery to the charger to charge it, or insert the battery into the battery charging hub to charge three batteries. The battery cannot be charged if users connect the aircraft to the charger.
2020-4-29
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

I would assume that it's because the battery is a bit power hungry so they probably didn't want to waste on putting in components to accomodate for a higher voltage USB-C port to charge the battery, since it'll take much longer and most will use the charger.... Just a thought. It would have been nice though
2020-4-29
Use props
quotSpeedyquot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405587 ft
United States

It's two USB-C  in/out on the MC and one on the AC.
2020-6-13
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-4-29 00:52
Hi, fansa6b0fb5c. Thanks for your attention. Battery can not be charged from the USB-C port. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Users can connect the battery to the charger to charge it, or insert the battery into the battery charging hub to charge three batteries. The battery cannot be charged if users connect the aircraft to the charger.

Slightly different question:  What are the specs on the USB-C cable from RC Controller to phone.  I want to use a Tablet to connect to the RC and the DJI cable is to short.  I have tried every cable I have (including the one that came with my Pocket 2)?  Thanks!  Oh I am considering the Smart Controller, but after having DJI erase Crystal Skies use on the Air 2S  (Minimum Android 5.1 on CS vs need 6.0 on RC-N1).  I am hesitant to buy a $800 Smart Controller, that may be unusable in just a year or so.
2021-5-2
Use props
PCDroneGuy.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

quotSpeedyquot Posted at 2020-6-13 23:01
It's two USB-C  in/out on the MC and one on the AC.

What about the Air 2S...can you charge the battery while it's loaded in the aircraft, through USB?
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules