Crosswinds and gimball tilting/ horizon not level
376 0 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miguel Pereira
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello!
From the beginning of this year, I started to notice on my DJI MAVIC AIR (I have it since September 2019) that when I'm flying and the drone catches some crosswinds (whether its left to right or right to left) the gimball doesn't compensate well enough and the horizon is not leveled. I will leave a link to my google drive to try and prove my point...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PT95fPzCABlt8CwiINC6mlsvA4cK7yPB/view?usp=sharing

For example, from the beginning of my footage until like 12 seconds, when the drone is facing the bridge, the horizon is good, and I think the winds are blowing from the back to the front of the drone. However when I start turning my drone like 90º (from 13s to 16s) we can see that the gimball doesn't compensate for the crosswinds, that I think now are coming from the right side to the left side of the drone. Then, from 19s to 23s, I'm facing the winds with the front of the drone, and we can see the gimball leveling with the horizon. When I turn again (so the winds blow from the right to the left side) from 26s to 29s I have the same tilting issue and again at 1:07s to 1:19s, but this time I am with my right joystick all the way to the right, don't know if that will make a difference.
Also, there was some wind, but I didn't notice any warnings on the screen of my phone to land the drone.
I've tried calibrating my gimball and my IMU but this still persists, and this only happens if my drone is sideways to the wind. All the others movements of the gimball work fine I think.
Is this normal or is there anyone with the same problem?

TIA

2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules