Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

2afer Posted at 12-13 11:51
Thank you Super pilot for testing it.
It is really sad to see that it does not support waypoints.
It means it is time to sell my MA2 too.

They should release the working SDK 4.14 today. It is necessary to test the capabilities of MA2 in real conditions.
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Qe4IFjudL2Tm
New

Brazil

O SDK 4.14 é compátivel com os apps, DroneLink, Litch e Pix4D?
2020-12-14
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

It's been 5 days since the release of the latest Mobile SDK with support for MA2.
Today the Maven App in iOS started beta testing with MA2.
It supports waypoint as well as pan&tilt head tracking.
Incredible work by Michele Vagnetti, the developer of Maven.
2020-12-15
Use props
Fabriciolvm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21585 ft

Brazil

DIY_Quad Posted at 12-15 13:20
It's been 5 days since the release of the latest Mobile SDK with support for MA2.

I renewed my hopes!
2020-12-15
Use props
DJI MA2
lvl.2

Norway

DIY_Quad Posted at 12-15 13:20

Do you have a link for that information ? I can see that DJI SDK Developers are writing about waypoints in the release, but how I read this, is that this is implemented for Matrice 300 RTK and that the SDK itself also supports MA2.

So if you could please provide the source of this information, it would be great

Thank you
2020-12-16
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
San Marino

DJI MA2 Posted at 12-16 04:55
Do you have a link for that information ? I can see that DJI SDK Developers are writing about waypoints in the release, but how I read this, is that this is implemented for Matrice 300 RTK and that the SDK itself also supports MA2.

So if you could please provide the source of this information, it would be great

Waypoint mission are performed with “virtual stick”
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI MA2
lvl.2

Norway

MitchRSM Posted at 12-16 04:59
https://youtu.be/i86LnaNTe8c

Waypoint mission are performed with “virtual stick”

Thank you. OK, then that's really not an autonomous flight, since this requires continues connection with the RC. The waypoint is simulated by the application "controlling" the sticks without you touching it. Seen from the MA2's point of view, this is commands sent from the remote. A proper autonomous flight is preformed by the route or the WP loaded into the drone in advance.
2020-12-16
Use props
fans8fd30d0c
lvl.1

Chile

https://youtu.be/i86LnaNTe8cWaypoint mission are performed with “virtual stick”

Hello, can you explain to me what is done with the Mobile sdk v 4.14 file? Do I have to install it on my IOS? help please?
2020-12-16
Use props
Mike Lammers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1402280 ft
Netherlands

fans8fd30d0c Posted at 12-16 18:17
Hello, can you explain to me what is done with the Mobile sdk v 4.14 file? Do I have to install it on my IOS? help please?

The SDK is for developers. You don't have to do anything, just enjoy the holidays and wait for them to update their apps.
2020-12-17
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

DJI MA2 Posted at 12-16 06:25
Thank you. OK, then that's really not an autonomous flight, since this requires continues connection with the RC. The waypoint is simulated by the application "controlling" the sticks without you touching it. Seen from the MA2's point of view, this is commands sent from the remote. A proper autonomous flight is preformed by the route or the WP loaded into the drone in advance.

You are right that there is a distinction between virtual sticks and waypoints flight per se. But beggars cant be choosers....at least i feel that my needs for mapping can be fulfilled somehow.
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI MA2
lvl.2

Norway

fans01d4f09b Posted at 12-17 21:08
You are right that there is a distinction between virtual sticks and waypoints flight per se. But beggars cant be choosers....at least i feel that my needs for mapping can be fulfilled somehow.

Well, I wouldn't call us beggars We are actually paying pretty big bucks for these products. That being said; I absolutely agree with you... it is much better than nothing !
2020-12-19
Use props
marcbou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220479 ft
  • >>>
Canada

seems that the new SDK version with Mavic Air 2 support causes apps to crash ! wow DJI this is unbelievable

see

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... Air-2-won-t-connect
2020-12-20
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

marcbou Posted at 12-20 07:41
seems that the new SDK version with Mavic Air 2 support causes apps to crash ! wow DJI this is unbelievable

see

This is normal for the TRIAL version. It is intended for developers only so they can test and find bugs. This version is raw and not intended for distribution.
2020-12-20
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

"The version of the DJI SDK that supports the MA2 causes the app to crash. On iOS the fix seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling, but there is no fix for Android yet. The best guess from DJI is after the holidays."

Is it true?
2020-12-20
Use props
xXCerberusXx
New
Flight distance : 177923 ft
United States

vg1 Posted at 12-20 09:49
"The version of the DJI SDK that supports the MA2 causes the app to crash. On iOS the fix seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling, but there is no fix for Android yet. The best guess from DJI is after the holidays."

Is it true?

I have not have any issues with my Ipad or android devices. I have flown multiple times since the update.
2020-12-20
Use props
xXCerberusXx
New
Flight distance : 177923 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/i86LnaNTe8cWaypoint mission are performed with “virtual stick”

So far so good I performed 3 waypoint missions with Maven app today with no issues so far. I did a simple 9 point around a field using the various actions. Next I had a 24 point flight entered all photos with the camera at 90*. Then I selected a POI and set points at the 4 corners of the subject. Lastly I flew around the field with app. I know this is in the early stages but I would like to see the object avoidance integrated.
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_voW3uGcPlzKc
New

United States

Any word from Pix4D if they can use the SDK? Is it still crashing apps?
2020-12-20
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25338924 ft
  • >>>
Iran

Mitch_111 Posted at 12-10 15:58
Waypoints?

Unfortunately not yet!
2020-12-23
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

xXCerberusXx Posted at 12-20 12:10
So far so good I performed 3 waypoint missions with Maven app today with no issues so far. I did a simple 9 point around a field using the various actions. Next I had a 24 point flight entered all photos with the camera at 90*. Then I selected a POI and set points at the 4 corners of the subject. Lastly I flew around the field with app. I know this is in the early stages but I would like to see the object avoidance integrated.

Maven App (by Michele Vagnetti)  is awesome.
The only app that supports pan & tilt head tracking in the VR mode for MA2.
Litchi on the other hand is going to support only the tilt head tracking in the near future.
Yet, Litchi charges 2X more than Maven.
2020-12-25
Use props
DJI MA2
lvl.2

Norway

DIY_Quad Posted at 12-25 00:07
Maven App (by Michele Vagnetti)  is awesome.
The only app that supports pan & tilt head tracking in the VR mode for MA2.
Litchi on the other hand is going to support only the tilt head tracking in the near future.

Cool, and the Maven App i also supporting waypoints ?
Is it still in Beta test ?
When corresponding with Litchi, they told med that the new SDK from DJI causes the apps to crash.
Is this the case with Maven ? If not.. why ?

Sorry lots of questions, but would like to check out before thinking about installing maven.

Thanks, and a merry Xmas to all of you.
2020-12-26
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

DJI MA2 Posted at 12-26 02:50
Cool, and the Maven App i also supporting waypoints ?
Is it still in Beta test ?
When corresponding with Litchi, they told med that the new SDK from DJI causes the apps to crash.

Maven supports waypoints.
The official release now supports MA2.
Litchi doesn't seem to know what they are doing.
Maven got it all working flawlessly.
No crashing whatsoever so far.

One area Maven needs to improve on is the gimbal speed when doing head tracking.
It's just way too slow at the moment even with the 'fast' option.
Michele said he can make it faster.
Hopefully it's improved in the next release.
2020-12-30
Use props
Mr.Spirit
lvl.1

Serbia

DIY_Quad Posted at 12-30 00:07
Maven supports waypoints.
The official release now supports MA2.
Litchi doesn't seem to know what they are doing.

Does the Maven App have options to create polygon and record images for photogrametry like DroneDeploy?

2020-12-30
Use props
bradreid20gmail.com
lvl.2
Canada

Our app is also in beta with the initial Mavic Air 2 SDK release, if you would like to try it see the link here: http://flightplan.beyondthecube. ... s?new_activity=true
2021-1-7
Use props
DJI MA2
lvl.2

Norway

Anyone who knows about a released app which support waypoints and run on Android for MA 2 ?

Thanks
2021-1-13
Use props
Gifted0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87454 ft
Mauritius

its january 20th 2021 just following up if the sdk for the air 2 is available yet
2021-1-19
Use props
Nikolay L
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172753 ft
  • >>>
Russia

The latest SDK 4.14 is still in trial (testing).

My app is also in beta test with waypoints and mapping missions for Air 2 and Mini. Welcome to test.
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_p0JtWLxRiFS1
lvl.1

United States

DJI MA2 Posted at 1-13 05:26
Anyone who knows about a released app which support waypoints and run on Android for MA 2 ?

Thanks

yes,of course,the Chineses app “Rainbow无人机飞行控制软件”
It surport dji air2,you can try it and tell us how it is going~https://www.bilibili.com/video/av331048141/
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_p0JtWLxRiFS1
lvl.1

Singapore

I rember the version of the app should be 1.8, so you can update your app if the download one is 1.7
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_p0JtWLxRiFS1
lvl.1

Singapore

the app front page
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_p0JtWLxRiFS1
lvl.1

Singapore

the front page of app
微信图片_20210127185338.jpg
2021-1-27
Use props
jackwrangham
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917057 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone had any luck getting image download via the sdk to work?
Media mode throws an error, sore that someone said to use playback mode, but that seems crazy, as its an old systems used by the phantom 3 etc...

2021-1-27
Use props
Ture_man
lvl.1

Hong Kong

so,nobody try this app?
2021-1-30
Use props
makhmutova
New
France

I wonder when DJI developers add DJI Fly app at the famous smart controller ? a lot of  DJI customers have been waiting for this upgrading. It is no logic to buy the right smartphone specialy for using mavic mini 2 !  Do developers have no time for working on it ? or Does it cost too much for making it ?
2021-1-31
Use props
ColdnFrosty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82434 ft
United States

xXCerberusXx Posted at 2020-12-20 12:10

First mission with Maven. High winds, -17°C, and obstacles. The avoidance of the cliffs and trees were really good on the RTH!

https://youtu.be/qfUMmWJ6q_c
2021-1-31
Use props
Fabriciolvm
lvl.2

Brazil

Any news from Drone Deploy, Pix4D Capture, Litchi, Maven or another company?
2021-2-11
Use props
pbnoj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246 ft
United States

DAVIDTNZ Posted at 2020-5-18 16:33
Hi from New Zealand. I have just bought an Air 2 and would like to use it with a colleague’s Phantom 4, on land surveying tasks. This requires flight planning on waypoints; typically post processing in Pix4d. Company DroneDeploy have replied to me today saying that they are waiting for the DJI SDK. Hopefully DJI are reading these requests and will work with the community to advance their user’s interests. Great drone: push the boundaries on it, now. Thanks.

Hi from the US. Try out Red Waypoint. I also just recently purchased a Mavic Air 2 & also needed to plan multiple WPs (>5 limit in DJIFly). So far Red Waypoint has worked well for me, for mapping or lawn mowing pattern missions. The interface is good, the laying down of WPs is reasonably easy, editing is good too. FYI - I've found the hard way that the .srt file for mission telemetry on the MA2 is now encrypted & password protected by DJI. You CAN'T open it & thus can't utilize the geo data. I note this because I'm assuming you'll want this geolocation data of your imagery when moving over to Pix4D. I know I do, having the same plan as you. Good luck!
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_twGsBTiBORBF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 561663 ft
Italy

Mini 2 SDK! We need!
If DJI thinks that Mini 2 is a toy, please write "TOY" in   advertising and in technical specifications.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_3CrPz7ddtYaD
lvl.1

Colombia

Por favor liberar el sdk del mavic air 2, es urgente desde octubre 2020 compre mi dron y no puedo trabajar bien ya que no me permite conectar a litchi, pix4d, DroneDeploy.
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_3CrPz7ddtYaD
lvl.1

Colombia

Por favor señores Dji, tengo una mavic air2 y me es indispensable poder utilizar aplicaciones para vuelos programados DroneDeploy, pix4d, litchi. Pero no he podido por que ustedes no no han liberado el sdk.
Por favor me pueden ayudar para seguir trabajando y poder mejorar mi dron.
Me gustan los dji pero si no permiten trabajar es muy difícil hacer empresa sin el apoyo de ustedes.
2021-2-18
Use props
Fabriciolvm
lvl.2

Brazil

djiuser_3CrPz7ddtYaD Posted at 2-18 20:45
Por favor señores Dji, tengo una mavic air2 y me es indispensable poder utilizar aplicaciones para vuelos programados DroneDeploy, pix4d, litchi. Pero no he podido por que ustedes no no han liberado el sdk.
Por favor me pueden ayudar para seguir trabajando y poder mejorar mi dron.
Me gustan los dji pero si no permiten trabajar es muy difícil hacer empresa sin el apoyo de ustedes.

Dear friend, the Mavic Air 2 SDK was released in December 2020. However and unfortunately the drone itself has hardware limitations regarding the waypoints that prevent the automated flight from being fully performed. This is an official response from DJI, which you can find in the messages posted earlier here on this forum.

I'm disappointed with DJI and I'm selling my Mavic Air 2. It just became an expensive toy.
2021-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules