Mavic Air 2 SDK Support
1234567Next >
63368 246 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
United States

We are all very excited about DJI's newest product, the Mavic Air 2!  I know many of the developers out there using DJI's SDK will be wondering if the SDK is going to support it.  The answer is yes!  But first we are working on supporting the Mavic Mini within the next few months and then after that, we'll release support for the Mavic Air 2 before the end of 2020.  There is no set timeline yet but stay tuned to the forum and release notes for updates.

~Lisa from DJI Developer Support

2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

That is sad... Mavic mini was released on October 30, 2019 and there no support in Mobile SDK so far (May 2020). Don't think we can get support for Air 2 this year.
2020-5-6
Use props
photogaff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274472 ft
Ireland

This is quite shocking really - support should be rolled out at the time of product release.
2020-5-6
Use props
zp777
New

United States

ugh. Didn't realize the new air wouldn't have SDK support when the old one does.... One of features I'm looking for is grid missions, and all the apps I'm interested in support the air so one would have assumed....

2020-5-15
Use props
DAVIDTNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2851 ft
New Zealand

Hi from New Zealand. I have just bought an Air 2 and would like to use it with a colleague’s Phantom 4, on land surveying tasks. This requires flight planning on waypoints; typically post processing in Pix4d. Company DroneDeploy have replied to me today saying that they are waiting for the DJI SDK. Hopefully DJI are reading these requests and will work with the community to advance their user’s interests. Great drone: push the boundaries on it, now. Thanks.
2020-5-18
Use props
DAVIDTNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2851 ft
New Zealand

zp777 Posted at 5-15 19:38
ugh. Didn't realize the new air wouldn't have SDK support when the old one does.... One of features I'm looking for is grid missions, and all the apps I'm interested in support the air so one would have assumed....

I agree. Flight planning on waypoints is needed now.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_j5u8qkVTCZEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 624429 ft
Denmark

Is there an update to the sdk release? Upon purchasing this mavic air 2 I was disappointed that no waypoints can be used but now I see that I can’t even do continuous photos and fly the grid myself.

Please hurry with the sdk
2020-5-19
Use props
fansc48e1fc4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84787 ft
Hong Kong

Mavic Mini will be supported around July this year (2020), Mavic Air2 will be supported in Q4 of 2020.

Michael From DJI MSDK Team
2020-5-19
Use props
marcbou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220479 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Q4 of 2020 ? wow such a long time, this is ridiculous..
2020-5-28
Use props
marcbou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220479 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Please make the SDK support happen faster or provide proper waypoints feature in fly app ASAP
2020-5-28
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

Hi Lisa, can you confirm or at least comment if waypoints will be supported by the SDK?
2020-5-31
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
United States

fansc48e1fc4 Posted at 5-19 22:02
Mavic Mini will be supported around July this year (2020), Mavic Air2 will be supported in Q4 of 2020.

Hi Michael,
Can you confirm or at least comment if waypoints will be supported for Mavic Air 2 SDK? Like others here, we are eagerly waiting for this feature to do some pre-planned and repeatable flight missions.
2020-5-31
Use props
Fish in Water
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541512 ft
China

Just let us wait!
2020-6-2
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

lee82gx Posted at 5-31 18:48
Hi Lisa, can you confirm or at least comment if waypoints will be supported by the SDK?

Hi - Waypoints is already supported by the SDK. So as a general rule of thumb if the firmware of the drone supports Waypoints then the MSDK will as well but if a feature is not supported by a drone's firmware, then the SDK will not be able to go beyond what the drone is capable of.
2020-6-2
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Malaysia

DJI_Lisa Posted at 6-2 08:21
Hi - Waypoints is already supported by the SDK. So as a general rule of thumb if the firmware of the drone supports Waypoints then the MSDK will as well but if a feature is not supported by a drone's firmware, then the SDK will not be able to go beyond what the drone is capable of.

Hi, do you know if the drone firmware of Mavic Air 2 supports waypoints?
2020-6-2
Use props
BuzzCheeze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34094 ft
United States

fansc48e1fc4 Posted at 5-19 22:02

I will wait to purchase Air2 until then.
ALL the bugs should be fixed by then anyway.
2020-6-3
Use props
BuzzCheeze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34094 ft
United States

DJI_Lisa Posted at 6-2 08:21

No it doesn't
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
China

lee82gx Posted at 6-2 15:27
Hi, do you know if the drone firmware of Mavic Air 2 supports waypoints?

On the Mavic Air 2 web page, you'll find all the features that it possesses.  Currently only a Waypoint mode is available when using Hyperlapse.  

Here is the webpage with Mavic Air 2 details: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2?site=brandsite&from=nav

Also, please note that DJI's SDK engineers are not designing the drone, and focus on building the SDK to expose capabilities for what already exists on a particular drone.  If anyone would like to find out more about hardware topics you can go to DJI's main forum - for example the forum dedicated to Mavics found here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=556
2020-6-3
Use props
djiuser_uLlxfD24o2d3
lvl.1

Colombia

photogaff Posted at 5-6 05:24
This is quite shocking really - support should be rolled out at the time of product release.

That’s completely right dude
2020-6-7
Use props
hazardcgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97090 ft
United States

DJI_Lisa Posted at 6-3 10:01
On the Mavic Air 2 web page, you'll find all the features that it possesses.  Currently only a Waypoint mode is available when using Hyperlapse.  

Here is the webpage with Mavic Air 2 details: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2?site=brandsite&from=nav

So that means it takes them a YEAR to release a sdk? How big is the SDK dept? 1 person working part-time?

About to send this back and say bye to dji
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

photogaff Posted at 5-6 05:24

We do hear you and DJI is very aware of this need - alignment of product and SDK release is our ultimate goal and we're working hard to get there.  For example the M300 release and SDK support occurred  simultaneously but we still have work to do, to make this happen for more of our hardware products.  There are a lot of moving pieces and coordination behind the scenes so we appreciate your patience while we continue to improve and grow.  
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

hazardcgmail.com Posted at 6-16 07:33
So that means it takes them a YEAR to release a sdk? How big is the SDK dept? 1 person working part-time?

About to send this back and say bye to dji

I'm sorry that this is frustrating and we are working hard to create future SDK support alignment at the time of product release.  

And yes, we do have more than one person on the SDK team but at the same time, the team is very lean relative the rest of the DJI workforce.

I appreciate your patience and if you want to say goodbye to DJI products, that is your choice.  But I hope you stay and keep in mind that the SDK is a free product, which we would like to keep that way.  
2020-6-19
Use props
RuitheAlmeida
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85390 ft
Portugal

DJI_Lisa Posted at 6-3 10:01

You mean that probably the SDK will not allow a developer to fly the DJI Mavic Air 2 between two pre-defined and stored waypoints unless it is in hyperlapse mode?
That's sad if that will happen.
2020-6-19
Use props
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519219 ft
United States

I was going to buy Mavic Air 2 again but without SDK product I won't because I only use Litchi????
2020-6-28
Use props
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
United States

DJI_Lisa Posted at 6-19 14:21
I'm sorry that this is frustrating and we are working hard to create future SDK support alignment at the time of product release.  

And yes, we do have more than one person on the SDK team but at the same time, the team is very lean relative the rest of the DJI workforce.

when will Mavic Air 2 have SDK???
2020-6-28
Use props
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
United States

And yes, we do have more than one person on the SDK team but at the same time, the team is very lean relative the rest of the DJI workforce.

Its a shame DJI is so slow to support Mavic Air 2 for Litchi because most people use Litchi why buy DJI products then?
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_5vldSDeUqaX0
New

Indonesia

And yes, we do have more than one person on the SDK team but at the same time, the team is very lean relative the rest of the DJI workforce.

I just bought mavic air 2, and really sad to know that sdk not release yet
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_5vldSDeUqaX0
New

Indonesia

Italian Droneman Posted at 6-28 12:53
Its a shame DJI is so slow to support Mavic Air 2 for Litchi because most people use Litchi why buy DJI products then?

Really sad i found this article just after buying mavic air 2
2020-6-30
Use props
Rasmus.laine
New
Flight distance : 254534 ft

Finland

will buy the air 2 when SDK has been published. And I think I will buy it used when people is selling away before winter. Too bad that no filming on summer vacation.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_4mZmQNHn3fAc
lvl.1
Indonesia

When mavic air 2 sdk release?? Please release
2020-7-16
Use props
BlueHawk77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1496791 ft
Turkey

Come on DJI we need SDK for Mavic Air 2 asap.
2020-7-27
Use props
Mike Lammers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1402280 ft
Netherlands

SDK for the Mavic Mini is released, so next up the Mavic Air 2 please!
2020-7-30
Use props
Phrogz
lvl.1
United States

RuitheAlmeida Posted at 6-19 22:18
You mean that probably the SDK will not allow a developer to fly the DJI Mavic Air 2 between two pre-defined and stored waypoints unless it is in hyperlapse mode?
That's sad if that will happen.

That would be very sad. It does feel like DJI are intentionally limiting the functionality of this drone as its for a lower target audience, in order to force users who need “pro” features like waypoints to buy a more expensive product.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope that the fact that it is technically capable of using gps waypoints—as shown by it’s use of them during hyperlapse—means that we will see waypoint support in the SDK when it is released in Q4.
2020-8-2
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

It is possible to add to the SDK minimal support for the Mavic Air 2 with the ability to fly to waypoints in a week. The rest of the features will be added later in the full release. Can help SDK developers?
2020-8-7
Use props
Jose Jaime Guerrero Villa
lvl.2

Colombia

When will the Mavic air 2 sdk be available?
or is it going to be the same as with the Mavic mini which took almost a year for it to be available
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

We are shooting to support Mavic Air 2 before the end of 2020
2020-8-10
Use props
fans2560a1f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10230 ft
Australia

A modern day expensive drone without waypoint flight mode. What a joke DJI. C’mon this is a toy without it. Get with the program or release the sdk.
2020-8-15
Use props
fans2560a1f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10230 ft
Australia

DJI_Lisa Posted at 8-10 08:11
We are shooting to support Mavic Air 2 before the end of 2020

Hi Lisa, DJI has lost my sale, a modern day drone at that price point without waypoint mode is unbelievable. I can buy a drone for half that price with that functionality. Very poor!!
2020-8-15
Use props
mauriluk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147113 ft
Italy

hi,
there is a release date for sdk ?
any project has a completion date...
2020-8-17
Use props
neoxdesign
lvl.1
Chile

djiuser_5vldSDeUqaX0 Posted at 6-30 03:48
Really sad i found this article just after buying mavic air 2

Me acabo de enterar que no hay soporte para waypoints para mi nuevo mavic air 2, q triste, seguiremos esperando al parecer
2020-8-19
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules