DJI Mavic Air 2 - Shipping and Delivery Time - Discussion
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoomTIP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12162 ft
United States

Woobisah Posted at 5-10 06:18
From a business standpoint it makes no sense for DJI to fulfill store orders first like Best Buy, Drone nerds... as they will get a commission off of each sale.  They are getting the full boat with orders on their store yet they get to them last.  It doesn't make any sense to me.

DJI doesn’t fulfill Best Buy and other vendor orders first.  They send out an initial amount of stock to all vendors and tell them when they can ship to customers.  DJI is being slow because of DJI (or because of the shipping carrier they chose).  The other vendors have no impact on their shipping speed.
2020-5-10
Use props
Magic_Man_Huzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9970 ft
United States

FedEx surprisingly made their delivery date! Now to exercise restraint and not use it too much while celebrating Mother’s Day with the Mrs.
image.jpg
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_m13j7MCbKHu8 Posted at 5-9 23:03
Should add that when you order through Rakuten and DroneNerds, you wont get your cash back till 08/15/20. Rakuten has 3 month payment cycles.

I think they do that because of returns.  They dont want people ordering then returning items. makes sense.  Its still nice they are giving 3.5% and then a referral as well.
2020-5-10
Use props
mlist
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0 Posted at 5-10 08:40
I think they do that because of returns.  They dont want people ordering then returning items. makes sense.  Its still nice they are giving 3.5% and then a referral as well.

My Rakuten Balance just went down by 30$. So I guess they canceled the referral credit... Anybody else?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_m13j7MCbKHu8 Posted at 5-9 22:28
You are welcome but now I will also leave my Rakuten link here:

https://www.rakuten.com/r/MLIST33?eeid=28187

Even with just the $30 plus the $30 and the no sales tax ($80) this is an awesome discount on a just released product! Any other referrals would be nice of course.   Good luck. Most importantly cant wait to get the done.
2020-5-10
Use props
mlist
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0 Posted at 5-10 08:50
Even with just the $30 plus the $30 and the no sales tax ($80) this is an awesome discount on a just released product! Any other referrals would be nice of course.   Good luck. Most importantly cant wait to get the done.

Rakuten Referral Program Terms:
(iv) posting your referral link on any page that is not owned and controlled by you, including, but not limited to, any merchant Facebook or forum page;

I guess that explains why my 30$ bonus is gone. I guess they have a team surfing online to connect the dots.
2020-5-10
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

The Duck Posted at 5-10 07:43
Probably that plus DJI has to warehouse stok and have employees to deal with processing, shipping, returns, and other necessary customer service.  Plus there are credit card fees.  There's definitely value in having someone else do the selling.

Yeah, I guess if the margin is pretty low on these then the costs of direct sales could put them in  worse position then the hit they take on the price they give to big resellers.  Would love to know what the wholesale price to someone like Best Buy is on these.
2020-5-10
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
United States

BoomTIP Posted at 5-10 08:22
DJI doesn’t fulfill Best Buy and other vendor orders first.  They send out an initial amount of stock to all vendors and tell them when they can ship to customers.  DJI is being slow because of DJI (or because of the shipping carrier they chose).  The other vendors have no impact on their shipping speed.

Right. I think that's understood. The question is, why would they allow themselves to be in a position where people would prefer retailers if they make less money that way?  The answer appears to either be "they DON'T make less money via retailers" or "who the heck knows?" ;)
2020-5-10
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

Surprisingly the SD-card I bought when I preordered weighs 3kg according to the package-tracking.  

I'll be interested to see what else is in the package when it arrives.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_VBrwcRAU8EaO
lvl.1

United States

Oddly enough I ordered exactly at 9:30 on the 27th and it still says processing however the app says SHIPPED with no email verification and no tracking! what’s up with that?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0
lvl.1
United States

Second UPDATE - Extra $30 for referal through Rakuten is only good on orders made through May 11th.

I was informed by another DJI forum user that Rakuten doesnt allow posting the referal codes on public forums.  So dont use the code posted in this formum.  If you want to enjoy the total $148 (fly more example) you can personal message me and I will get an email refereal out to you through rakuten website for you to proceed.  This way it will be done to thier rules.

But to be honest the 3.5% and the no sales tax is prettyr good on its own.   My bad for not reading the fine print but to be fair I am probably not alone in not reading the fine print.  I just wanted to share what I did to save some money and get the product shipped.  And Drone Nerds is an awesome website I have talked to thier support team and they are legit!  DJI is awesome as well!

Steps:
1. Personal message me and I will get a referral email sent out to you!
2) and then search for DJI Mavic Air 2, or Fly More Combo on rakuten and be linked and sent to Drone Nerds website.
3) Purchase on Drone Nerds.

This offer is good through May 11th. FYI

2020-5-10
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
United States

I'm now showing "Partially Shipped" in the app. (I bought DJI Care).  I assume an e-mail with tracking info will be along shortly. Well, they said 7-10 business days, and they made it.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_FQOjL2LfiCGY
lvl.1

Canada

My order has been showing "paid " since I bought it and would not update.  Tried downloading the app and checkin on that.  The app says "awaiting shipment".  So for those worried about why your status hasn't updated, try the app.
2020-5-10
Use props
mlist
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0 Posted at 5-10 10:17
Second UPDATE - Extra $30 for referal through Rakuten is only good on orders made through May 11th.

I was informed by another DJI forum user that Rakuten doesnt allow posting the referal codes on public forums.  So dont use the code posted in this formum.  If you want to enjoy the total $148 (fly more example) you can personal message me and I will get an email refereal out to you through rakuten website for you to proceed.  This way it will be done to thier rules.

How come they did not disqualify you as well? And only way you can provide a new referral link is by creating a new account, which again would be against their rules and you seem to by very active promoting this by now, which makes sense since getting 30$ each time can add up nicely... so I am starting to believe something is not quite right here.

Anyways, hope I keep the 3,5% cashback and that DroneNerds can at least ship faster then DJI.
2020-5-10
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Knight48 Posted at 5-10 07:29
Prob means they are getting it prepared to ship.
Prob tomorrow...

I hope so.. I'm still in the processing stage. It's been a 7 days ( not business days, just a week)..
2020-5-10
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Magic_Man_Huzz Posted at 5-10 08:27
FedEx surprisingly made their delivery date! Now to exercise restraint and not use it too much while celebrating Mother’s Day with the Mrs.

YIPPEE ! (for you at least)
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_BQ1Q6CfQMYH0
lvl.1
United States

mlist Posted at 5-10 10:52
How come they did not disqualify you as well? And only way you can provide a new referral link is by creating a new account, which again would be against their rules and you seem to by very active promoting this by now, which makes sense since getting 30$ each time can add up nicely... so I am starting to believe something is not quite right here.

Anyways, hope I keep the 3,5% cashback and that DroneNerds can at least ship faster then DJI.

I lost my $30 as well from your purchase, unfortunately.  And I feel bad for not reading the rules.  So I wanted to tell others not to use the link posted as it would just cause them a waste of time.  So the 3.5 is the way to go but Drone Nerds is awesome with the no sales tax.  And if you want to get the $30 in addition they can message me and I will email them  link through Rakuten, playing by their rules.  If I had read the rules to begin with we would both be ok, darn.  Yes Initially I thought I could save folks an additional $30 and it could add up for me, that is what the referral program does but so far it has not added up with the referral bonus, and Rakuten still gets their new members, bummer.   But I think I would have still gone this route to save $110 in total on a brand new product and purchasing from a reseller (DroneNerds) I really respect and like.  Rakuten on the other hand is a great deal for this product but for other products, again not that impressed with their discounts if you compare their prices with other vendors like Amazon etc.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_VBrwcRAU8EaO
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_FQOjL2LfiCGY Posted at 5-10 10:32
My order has been showing "paid " since I bought it and would not update.  Tried downloading the app and checkin on that.  The app says "awaiting shipment".  So for those worried about why your status hasn't updated, try the app.

Anyone????/
2020-5-10
Use props
Park Ranger
lvl.1

United States

My total payment was taken 4 seconds after hitting the MA2 Order button on 4/48. It cleared PayPal and was posted to the CC by the 29th. Today, the MA2 Order is still shown as processing on DJI site and app. For those of you checking your DJI order status page every couple of minutes, you're not alone.
2020-5-10
Use props
Bleach_300
lvl.1
United States

Yeah just last night on the app it updated as partially shipped.... I ordered like 5 minutes after the announcement. sad days bois
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_eVGVal6bjklT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24941 ft
United States

The app says partial shipment while the website states processing.  Purchased at 22:27 -5 UTC on the 27th. So not sure which is correct.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_gOSJ7rxipRBb
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if drone nerds actually has them in stock? I canceled my DJI order yesterday but unfortunately my bank takes a couple days to process so I probably won’t be able to order it until tomorrow from them.
2020-5-10
Use props
Park Ranger
lvl.1

United States

Just re-read my post.. wow. off a bit on order date and time.. Ordered 4/27 at 21:46 UTC
2020-5-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm still waiting. Ordered as soon as it hit the Store on launch. But its 10 to 15 Business days here in Oz.
2020-5-10
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

My MA2 now shows on the truck for delivery! Im so glad that I didn't buy direct from DJI
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_xvX9mVwDnUsU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17037 ft
United States

Best Buy / UPS hooked me up... I originally order on the 27th, but I understand DJI wanting to take care of their vendors... This is my first drone... I was outside with my mother ALL day flying it... she's 80 and not in the best of health - we forgot all our problems and had a lot of fun exploring the land she's owned for 45 years... Thank you DJI, Best Buy & UPS. Hang in there ya'll it's worth the wait! Now be sure to kick out politicians who want to own the skies, hate you having fun, hate you enjoying your God given liberty and freedom. Protect these things politically or else this will be the last best consumer drone ever.
2020-5-10
Use props
NolocProduction
lvl.2
United States

Ordered on the 29th, just got email saying shipped FEDEX about 10 mins ago

Yayyyyy, can't wait!
2020-5-10
Use props
Bleach_300
lvl.1
United States

NolocProduction Posted at 5-10 19:21
Ordered on the 29th, just got email saying shipped FEDEX about 10 mins ago

Yayyyyy, can't wait!

From Dji store?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_2KsvWAJkYKkx
lvl.1

United States

NolocProduction Posted at 5-10 19:21
Ordered on the 29th, just got email saying shipped FEDEX about 10 mins ago

Yayyyyy, can't wait!

Mine has also been shipped! Ordered from DJI store the night of launch
2020-5-10
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_2KsvWAJkYKkx Posted at 5-10 19:39
Mine has also been shipped! Ordered from DJI store the night of launch

How long does it take to deliver?
2020-5-10
Use props
fansfa493163
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34501 ft
United States

elektrobank Posted at 5-9 15:03
Anyone from the US who ordered from B&H get past "Order Placed" status yet?

I ordered at launch with B&H and it’s still showing new order and processed but no delivery date
2020-5-10
Use props
fans94f252d6
lvl.2
United States

Same here… Ordered from DJI store at 22:32 on release night and just received a shipping notification. The partial shipment is the fly more kit; the item yet to be shipped is DJI care refresh. So much gnashing of teeth and yet DJI did exactly as promised. The tracking number isn’t trackable yet, but that will change soon, I’m certain. FWIW, I ordered using PayPal and was charged immediately after acknowledging my bank’s anti-fraud inquiry.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_punbWjBDr6nU
lvl.1
United States

Just shipped for me. Ordered from DJI direct on 4/28.
2020-5-10
Use props
tbhausen
lvl.2
United States

It looks like a bunch of orders are being processed in one big batch.
2020-5-10
Use props
NolocProduction
lvl.2
United States

Bleach_300 Posted at 5-10 19:36
From Dji store?

Yes DJI store
2020-5-10
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My app says: " awaiting shipment" . The regular browser says: " processing"
  same thing different words
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_FXt0M5N9Va1s
New

United States

Mine on the app shows that it shipped just doesn’t have a tracking number to track the package. I ordered directly through DJI on the 28th of April. I also purchased the fly more combo just hope it comes soon , anyone know how long shipping typically takes ?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_punbWjBDr6nU
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_FXt0M5N9Va1s Posted at 5-10 21:09
Mine on the app shows that it shipped just doesn’t have a tracking number to track the package. I ordered directly through DJI on the 28th of April. I also purchased the fly more combo  just hope it comes soon , anyone know how long shipping typically takes ?

I think about a week. Someone mentioned they fly products over (No pun intended) so wont be waiting anything crazy.
2020-5-10
Use props
Josh McIntire
lvl.1

United States

Ordered about an hour after release on the 27th and received my shipping notification about two hours ago! Guessing it will arrive Wednesday or Thursday. A week and half in the dark seemed like forever but I’m glad I held out. Patience is a virtue!
2020-5-10
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

Anyone from Germany got their drone yet?
2020-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules