DJI Mavic Air 2 - Shipping and Delivery Time - Discussion
52266 975 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_qJ2Nel9tl9Gk Posted at 5-2 14:10
I'd personally expect that Best Buy, B&H, and Adorama will be the most reliable options for launch day delivery.

Amazon will probably be a few days behind because they are so overloaded with COVID issues, and DJI will be last since they prioritize their retail partners ahead of their direct customers.

Really, DJI last? Have you seen this happen before with pre-ordering one of this products? This is my fist time ordering before the launch date. I ordered from DJI, think I should cancel and do it through B&H or Adorama?
2020-5-3
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

Izaiah Georges Posted at 5-3 06:32
My order is still processing. I ordered it through the dji store on the 28th

I would imagine everyone that ordered from DJI is in that state.   Sounds like the earliest shipping window DJI is giving most folks is 7-10 business days from payment confirmation, which makes Wednesday probably the earliest anyone will see one ship from them.
2020-5-3
Use props
fans60d42606
lvl.2
United States

Ordered one but didn’t know it was presale. Not cool.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_aBRTlkuVMibP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17792 ft
United States

Yeh it seemed like it was presale. I already got charged for it. Not cool to charge for presale before the product is shipped.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_wN40BCj4sWAY
lvl.1

Canada

I preordered mine on the 28th after getting the email about it late on the 27th and deciding to go for it.  I'm as anxious as everyone else here to get it, fly and get some awesome vids and pics, but I get it's a pre-order.  They have my money, so I know it's just a matter of time.  Hopefully in about another two weeks I'll have a shiny new drone to play with!  I can't wait.  I'm in the same boat as everyone else, we just gotta wait for the shipments to arrive and get distributed.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_qJ2Nel9tl9Gk
lvl.2

United States

elektrobank Posted at 5-3 07:21
Really, DJI last? Have you seen this happen before with pre-ordering one of this products? This is my fist time ordering before the launch date. I ordered from DJI, think I should cancel and do it through B&H or Adorama?

I sent a chat message to DJI asking what they expected for delivery timeline, after placing my order.

They said that they expected it to ship on May 12, and normal shipments take 3-5 days "but might take longer due to COVID19".

Bestbuy.com, B&, and Adorama all said (at the time that I ordered) "Guaranteed Delivery on or before May 11".

I sent another chat to DJI asking them to cancel the order, and re-placed the order with Bestbuy (because I have a lot of best buy points already to redeem there, it actually saved me money). If you don't have bestbuy points, you might want to place the order with adorama because of sales tax issues.
2020-5-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

xendau Posted at 4-30 09:29
I actually ordered and then cancelled because of the delays... after over 30 minutes on chat with a CSR, being told the information she supplied to me was wrong 3 times, I just gave up.

I was told it would be shipped 7-10 after payment confirmation. (though their own website in my account showed paid, and I had received notice by my card that a large purchase had been made, and the monies were deducted.)

Really? I decided to add the Fly More package after ordering the basic drone only. On the chat line, I was almost immediately told an order could not be changed but I could just cancel and make another order. All was done in just ten minutes online.
2020-5-3
Use props
Gilbert_R3999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

So like most in this post, I was wondering if I could receive a date certain. I didn’t feel like much was clear other than a “few days after payment is processed.” I then did that annoying thing and contacted support for any pertinent info surrounding shipment. Unlike offered here, I was told the drone would ship on the 12th.  The CSR states it will be shipped on the 12th and arrive in 7-12 days (something around that time).  In other words and unfortunately, I’m not expecting this puppy to show up at the door until the end of the month. Not that I expected to revive it days later, so all good  just anxious  I love the Zoom, I probably should have grabbed the Pro, but I am thrilled to be grabbing the Air 2. So for those being told the 11th, sweet for you! For those being told other dates, that could basically mean that there’s no way they’re providing a date certain (where it be COVID) or just generally how DJI rolls. Either way, I’ll keep fingers crossed and hope we all get it soon!
2020-5-3
Use props
Gilbert_R3999
lvl.2
United States

So like most in this post, I was wondering if I could receive a date certain. I didn’t feel like much was clear other than a “few days after payment is processed.” I then did that annoying thing and contacted support for any pertinent info surrounding shipment. Unlike offered here, I was told the drone would ship on the 12th.  The CSR states it will be shipped on the 12th and arrive in 7-12 days (something around that time).  In other words and unfortunately, I’m not expecting this puppy to show up at the door until the end of the month. Not that I expected to revive it days later, so all good  just anxious  I love the Zoom, I probably should have grabbed the Pro, but I am thrilled to be grabbing the Air 2. So for those being told the 11th, sweet for you! For those being told other dates, that could basically mean that there’s no way they’re providing a date certain (where it be COVID) or just generally how DJI rolls. Either way, I’ll keep fingers crossed and hope we all get it soon!
2020-5-3
Use props
Gilbert_R3999
lvl.2
United States

Gilbert_R3999 Posted at 5-3 20:05

Sorry for the double post. Certainly wasn’t so nice it needed to be posted twice. Long story short, end of May looks promising. Good luck to all of you/us! The sooner the better, but it will be here...and when it does, it will be delightful.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_mffZcv8hdN7j
New

United States

I bought the Fly More Combo from DJI direct, and used my Paypal account which has my name and the name of the company I work, listed before the address, since that's where I have valuable packages sent. I checked the order on my DJI account on their website and the address they had showed part of my works name, then the address, then the rest of my works name and the street name followed by city and zip. I called them and they can't change it because that's what PayPal sent them. Even though the address they have doesn't exist? I checked with PayPal and confirmed that my address was right. I new that it was, cause I get things delivered all the time. Anyway, did the online chat again, and still couldn't get them to figure out that their system is messed up, and screwing up addresses. I cancelled my order and bought it through Bestbuy. Same price and definitely put my mind at ease.
2020-5-3
Use props
Jimmy6616
lvl.3
United Kingdom

If i order a Mavic air 2 from DJI do i have to pay import duties and vat in the UK ?
2020-5-3
Use props
Oscar Alvarez
lvl.1

United States

Ordered today, delivering to Boston.
2020-5-4
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

Ordered today as well, delivering to Germany. I expect it to arrive by the end of the month.
2020-5-4
Use props
Couchfisher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82795 ft
United States

Similar to others here. I ordered the night it was released 9:30 EST. In fact, due to all the drone media leaks I didn't even watch the video until after I ordered the 'fly more' drone. I'm in the USA, and received the 7 to 10 days message. Status is "Awaiting shipment" on mobile app and "Order Processing" on the desktop site. I was told by DJI to allow 3-5 days for delivery once shipped. I'm hopefully optimistic that it ships this week and I'll see it 3-5 days later. With wife's birthday and Mother's Day coming up, a delay may not be a bad thing
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_9D99cqTZtSqo
New

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 4-28 13:34
I ordered yesterday when it was released, it seems delivery to Europe takes a bit longer than to US,

Me too, my order looks just like yours (I am in Spain) I was becoming concerned! Seems like consensus is May 11th for shipping, so I'll wait then!
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Couchfisher Posted at 5-4 02:58
Similar to others here. I ordered the night it was released 9:30 EST. In fact, due to all the drone media leaks I didn't even watch the video until after I ordered the 'fly more' drone. I'm in the USA, and received the 7 to 10 days message. Status is "Awaiting shipment" on mobile app and "Order Processing" on the desktop site. I was told by DJI to allow 3-5 days for delivery once shipped. I'm hopefully optimistic that it ships this week and I'll see it 3-5 days later. With wife's birthday and Mother's Day coming up, a delay may not be a bad thing

I expect they will ship to US a few days before Europe according to their website, then factoring in Covid19 might be full 5 day shipping.
I ordered package from Shenzhen last week it arrived here within 5 days Dhl , so seems the shipping is working ok.
Good luck.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_9D99cqTZtSqo Posted at 5-4 03:20
Me too, my order looks just like yours (I am in Spain) I was becoming concerned! Seems like consensus is May 11th for shipping, so I'll wait then!

It will be nice to get something new to take ones mind of all the horror going on in the world. A little bit of escapism, looking forward.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jimmy6616 Posted at 5-3 22:39
If i order a Mavic air 2 from DJI do i have to pay import duties and vat in the UK ?

duties and taxes included to EU, so no the price is the price.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_mffZcv8hdN7j Posted at 5-3 22:08
I bought the Fly More Combo from DJI direct, and used my Paypal account which has my name and the name of the company I work, listed before the address, since that's where I have valuable packages sent. I checked the order on my DJI account on their website and the address they had showed part of my works name, then the address, then the rest of my works name and the street name followed by city and zip. I called them and they can't change it because that's what PayPal sent them. Even though the address they have doesn't exist? I checked with PayPal and confirmed that my address was right. I new that it was, cause I get things delivered all the time. Anyway, did the online chat again, and still couldn't get them to figure out that their system is messed up, and screwing up addresses. I cancelled my order and bought it through Bestbuy. Same price and definitely put my mind at ease.

I have a feeling Best Buy might get it before early adopters who purchased on line. Which is a shame, but good luck.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gilbert_R3999 Posted at 5-3 20:05
So like most in this post, I was wondering if I could receive a date certain. I didn’t feel like much was clear other than a “few days after payment is processed.” I then did that annoying thing and contacted support for any pertinent info surrounding shipment. Unlike offered here, I was told the drone would ship on the 12th.  The CSR states it will be shipped on the 12th and arrive in 7-12 days (something around that time).  In other words and unfortunately, I’m not expecting this puppy to show up at the door until the end of the month. Not that I expected to revive it days later, so all good  just anxious  I love the Zoom, I probably should have grabbed the Pro, but I am thrilled to be grabbing the Air 2. So for those being told the 11th, sweet for you! For those being told other dates, that could basically mean that there’s no way they’re providing a date certain (where it be COVID) or just generally how DJI rolls. Either way, I’ll keep fingers crossed and hope we all get it soon!

I think you might be surprised. Can’t guarantee that. But dji are normally pretty good with promised delivery. One thing they seemed to have learned from early days.
Might be just Down to crisis going on, but I expect with all closures that courier companies are not at full capacity.
Good luck and I hope it arrives soon.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_wN40BCj4sWAY Posted at 5-3 17:42
I preordered mine on the 28th after getting the email about it late on the 27th and deciding to go for it.  I'm as anxious as everyone else here to get it, fly and get some awesome vids and pics, but I get it's a pre-order.  They have my money, so I know it's just a matter of time.  Hopefully in about another two weeks I'll have a shiny new drone to play with!  I can't wait.  I'm in the same boat as everyone else, we just gotta wait for the shipments to arrive and get distributed.

Good luck hope it arrives on time.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_aBRTlkuVMibP Posted at 5-3 17:00
Yeh it seemed like it was presale. I already got charged for it. Not cool to charge for presale before the product is shipped.

Usually dji just put hold on CC’s , but I think PayPal May be charged.
2020-5-4
Use props
Couchfisher
lvl.2
United States

I'm glad this forum post was started. It gives some another page to refresh while I'm waiting for my MA2 to ship.
2020-5-4
Use props
Ashlukewalton
lvl.2

Australia

Arriving on the 12th! Can't wait to see what this thing can do
2020-5-4
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 03:39
Usually dji just put hold on CC’s , but I think PayPal May be charged.

You're right, they put an authorization or hold on it. But they do "capture" the funds after one week for Visa/Amex/Discover cards and up to 28 days for Mastercard even if it hasn't shipped.  At least according to this:

https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-payment
2020-5-4
Use props
Couchfisher
lvl.2
United States

Ashlukewalton Posted at 5-4 05:13
Arriving on the 12th! Can't wait to see what this thing can do

Where did you order from?
2020-5-4
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

I'm curious.  If I order an Air 2, will it be shipped directly from China?  Or will it be sent from DJI's U.S. office or retail location?
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Duck Posted at 5-4 05:46
You're right, they put an authorization or hold on it. But they do "capture" the funds after one week for Visa/Amex/Discover cards and up to 28 days for Mastercard even if it hasn't shipped.  At least according to this:

https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-payment

Ok thanks for that confirmation.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Duck Posted at 5-4 05:58
I'm curious.  If I order an Air 2, will it be shipped directly from China?  Or will it be sent from DJI's U.S. office or retail location?

The first tranche are normally direct from China and sometimes it depends on the drone.
2020-5-4
Use props
StefK
lvl.2
Canada

Ordered on 04/29 shipping to Canada. Can't wait!! First Drone Was told it'll be shipped on or before 05/15 from Customer Service Rep.
2020-5-4
Use props
Ashlukewalton
lvl.2

Australia

Couchfisher Posted at 5-4 05:48
Where did you order from?

From a local store in Australia
2020-5-4
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

StefK Posted at 5-4 06:24
Ordered on 04/29 shipping to Canada. Can't wait!! First Drone  Was told it'll be shipped on or before 05/15 from Customer Service Rep.

Cheers from Kingston, please post when you receive it. Thanks
2020-5-4
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

pre ordered the combo two days ago through bestbuy.  card was not charged yet (suspect it will be on launch day) not sure when Ill actually get it though.
2020-5-4
Use props
Gordon HayC
lvl.1

United States

DJI just admitted by e-mail today they did not anticipate the orders and are back logged to the max!
Way to go DJI should of could of crap!! thanks
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_punbWjBDr6nU
lvl.1
United States

Gordon HayC Posted at 5-4 10:22
DJI just admitted by e-mail today they did not anticipate the orders and are back logged to the max!

Any idea if they still handle orders by who sent in theirs first? Ordered mine like an hour after it was available but no idea if that matters in a back log.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gordon HayC Posted at 5-4 10:22

I’m not sure what you mean by this, !
2020-5-4
Use props
DaarkMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134209 ft
United States

Happy to find this thread. Much more active than the reddit thread I was following. Ordered on the 27th and payment received on the 28th. Hopefully get an update soon.
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_Vk2UJJXxltir
New

United States

I ordered the Fly More Combo on release night 4/27/20 and my status remains at processing. Has anyone, in this forum, received their Mavic Air 2 as of today 5.4/20?
2020-5-4
Use props
Couchfisher
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Vk2UJJXxltir Posted at 5-4 14:20
I ordered the Fly More Combo on release night 4/27/20 and my status remains at processing. Has anyone, in this forum, received their Mavic Air 2 as of today 5.4/20?

Nope. Ordered it at the same time.
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules