Help with DJI Fly App
2952 10 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speedkart
lvl.1

United States

I recently Got a DJI Mavic Mini. When I tried to download the DJI Fly App on my phone, it would not let me. So I returned the Mavic Mini. I have a Samsung J3 Galaxy orbit 800. Does anybody know what Mavic drone will work with it? I am thinking about getting a Mavic Air. Will this work with my phone?Thanks,
Speedkart
2020-4-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd get a phone/device with Android 9 or 10 and get the Mini back.
The J3 may get you a Go4 running on it, which lets you test on a Spark or  Mavic Pro, Air, maybe
But I'd say, that is a useless try!

Edit: And the go4 CAN'T be an actual one!
You would need to check on apk mirror
2020-4-28
Use props
jormart
lvl.1

Argentina

I have the same problem, anyone know if Dji Fly app run well on Samsung Galaxy S10e?
2020-4-28
Use props
Speedkart
lvl.1

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-28 20:01
I'd get a phone/device with Android 9 or 10 and get the Mini back.
The J3 may get you a Go4 running on it, which lets you test on a Spark or  Mavic Pro, Air, maybe
But I'd say, that is a useless try!

I was able to download the DJI Go 4.0 App on my phone. When i went to DJI.com it said the Mavic Air used DJI go 4.0. What do you mean when you say would let let you test on a Spark or Mavic pro, Air?.
2020-4-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Speedkart Posted at 4-29 04:49
I was able to download the DJI Go 4.0 App on my phone. When i went to DJI.com it said the Mavic Air used DJI go 4.0. What do you mean when you say would let let you test on a Spark or Mavic pro, Air?.

You'll need to test, if aside that the App gets installed, your device can manage the stream, the connection to the remote and the bird!
And it is just a 2GB Ram, 16GB Rom device. The Octacore is not the quickest, too.
I'd say that you may be lucky with an older version of the Go4, lets say in the Go 4 4.1.xx or 4.2.xx range, b/c the newest versions "knows the latest Mavic drones " and seems to need 64bit processor , which comes with more ram and droid 8, 9 or 10, to run smooth!
2020-4-29
Use props
Speedkart
lvl.1

United States

let me be a little more specific. We bought a Mavic Mini. We both had LG Rebel3 android phones. When searching for the APP on my phone, I get a few apps, and the most recent and relovant was DJI GO4-for drones since P4. Thats the app we used. When thinking it was the wrong APP, and now using google to get onto DJI site and download the correct APP for the MINI, which is supposed to be 'DJI FLY' - we located it on the site, clicked on "download for Android" my phone said "this app already exists"

meaning those are same.

so that didnt work.

So then we started poking around for info, and found that you might need a 64 Bit OS phone. So we ordered a Samsung J3 orbit, which under description said that it was 64 bit.

SAME EXACT ISSUE

When we got it, i downloaded an APP that tells you all system about your phone...and sure enough (device info) it sais that the phone is CPU 32Bit.

so now I am stuck with the phone and simply need to know which Drone will work with it.

I contacted DJI, send them emails with this exact issue, called and was on hold for over an HOUR listening about the stupid COVID-19 ads. Cant get anyone to help resolving this issue

unreal.

For a company as big as DJI one would think that they would want people to buy their product. If I ran my business this was i would be bankrupt.
2020-4-29
Use props
Speedkart
lvl.1

United States

jormart Posted at 4-28 21:32
I have the same problem, anyone know if Dji Fly app run well on Samsung Galaxy S10e?

Yes, it should work. here is the link to a list of supported devices:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
2020-4-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

A 2GB Ram phone is unlikely to be a 64 bit phone!

But:
-When searching for the APP on my phone, I get a few apps, and the most recent and relovant was DJI GO4-for drones since P4. Thats the app we used. When thinking it was the wrong APP, and now using google to get onto DJI site and download the correct APP for the MINI, which is supposed to be 'DJI FLY' - we located it on the site, clicked on "download for Android" my phone said "this app already exists"-

"this app already exists" can be, because you had the Go4 on the phone.
So in case you would still like to try, unistall the Go4, all of it, and go again to playstore and check the fly app

However, my point of telling you to get a newer phone, best Droid 9 or 10, that is b/c most of them (or all?) are 64 bit anyway AND they have 4GB Ram, minimum
You need this Ram! At least you will be happy to have it.;-)

My best advice: get the phone for the drone, not choose the drone b/c of the specs of a phone you got/have.

Use that one as a wifi hotspot or such, a backup, pass it to a younger kid, that wanna play angry bird!
2020-4-29
Use props
Speedkart
lvl.1

United States

^^ thank you so much for the help Seven. I am not a cellphone person, (hate them LOL) and this is all new to me

Where would be the best place to get this Android 9 phone? I probably need a contract as well...will look into it

thanks again!
2020-4-29
Use props
Speedkart
lvl.1

United States

Speedkart Posted at 4-29 08:20
^^ thank you so much for the help Seven. I am not a cellphone person, (hate them LOL) and this is all new to me

Where would be the best place to get this Android 9 phone? I probably need a contract as well...will look into it

Samsung Galaxy S8

this should work, right? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Active-Unlocked-64GB-Android-Smartphone/123565972916?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=424552463732&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
2020-4-29
Use props
fegato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251886 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Speedkart Posted at 2020-4-29 10:08
Samsung Galaxy S8

this should work, right? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Active-Unlocked-64GB-Android-Smartphone/123565972916?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=424552463732&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Hi, I have a galaxy s8 Active but while writing it doesn't work! it's almost the same as the normal S8 but the app refuse to install
2021-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules